MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Being safe in relaxed vision

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Being safe in relaxed vision
Hi,
I have recently found out an analogy to feeling safe when looking at things.

It struck me when I climed the ladder quite high up onto my roof.
At first I did absolutely not dare to go up there, it is too risky I thought, I thought in my old days no way I go up there and I looked at my kids running around.
After some days I though changed my mind and thought if I just can feel safe when I climb the ladder then what is the problem actually, then there was no problem anymore, and I dared to go up there.
The key was that before I take a step I do test with my foot and let my whole body feel if the ladder is strong enough and if I have 100% balance. When I have acknowledged this confident feeling (and it is an acknowledge that the whole body takes part in) then take the step entirely.
Thus I just climb higher if I feel safe without any fear at all. In this way it is impossible to get flooded with fear.

This analogy that I described I think also can be applied to a relaxed seeing.
People fear for seeing naturally because thay never entered the safe relaxed iterative seeing.
Thus let the whole body feel if you have relaxed eyes focused on what your looking at. Ask yourself also what it would be like to look into your own eyes, would they look tired, would they look strained, would they look relaxed, imagine how the beauty in them arises when they relax. Learn to love your own eyes by imagining them like this. When you have confirmed that you feel safe since your eyes are relaxed then you can continue shifting your eyes and also notice the oppositional movement by doing so. Reconfirm the safe feeling before continueing. I know that contradicts what people with normal vision usually do (they just continue shifting no matter how they feel I guess). For a myopic it is different, they need to rebuild the vision and remove the tension in the eyes that was cause by being floded with a visual everything (called staring). When cured you can shift eyes much faster of course.

Ok, guys I tried to explain this trivial analogy with my poor english. It is trivial because if you ask "Can I climb the ladder if it is NOT safe ?" Then the answer is NO. The same applies to vision. Ask: "Can I see perfectly clearly without my glasses if my eyes are NOT feeling relaxed ?". The answer to that question is also trivial because the answer is NO. Lots of comments on this sight is NON trivial that leads into ambiguities that causes people to get lost.

"Your inner awareness guides you !"
I can somewhat relate to this. My vision at school is often times way poorer than it is at home. At school, i don't feel safe and i'm afraid of looking at people and objects. The note taking also creates strain because i fear that they will move on to the next slide without me. So much strain at school. But the second i get out of school, BOOM instantly improved vision. All of that strain and anxiety goes out the window. I'm working on continuous shifting. I understand what i'm supposed to do but it feels so awkward to do it. I guess i'm just attached to my bad habits of strain. Hopefully these habits will be dropped and new ones will replace them.
Hi Alkaline,
What you can do is to make sure that you are relaxed before you go to school.

Do you often ask yourself "why" in school.
It stimulates curiosity and connects to general higher philosophical understanding instead of just treating harsh "what" commanded details.
Do you often ask yourself "why not".
"Why not" stimulates imagination and inner self confidence.
It is a way to become aware of alternatives and more happy, like the ignition of your inner engine.
You can ask yourself "why not" when you feel down.
I see in my head an analogy af a flying albatross that have strong wings.
Those wings are the words "why" and "why not".
Can the albatross fly without those wings: No
Can we see perfectly clearly without "imagination" and curiosity": No

"Why" is the word that makes you look out of the window into far distance.

These words are also a way to check if you are on track to be able to "acknowledge" that you are safe in the situation in school.
Does that mean anything to you ?
The things you said made sense. At school, my curiosity is diminished because i fear what i may see; especially people. I think that they will view me as weird if look at them, and in turn, i get nervous or unsettled when people look directly at me as well. I also have diminished curiosity in the classroom because i'm strained and always think i will be wrong if asked a question. Classroom discussions are also a pain as well. I hardly contribute because of my fear. So much fear. To narrow down my anxiety, i get it the most when i'm in the lunchroom and when i'm walking through the hallways. When i eat lunch, i keep my head down and finish my food quickly. I hardly look out to see other people. Because of this anxiety, i can't even enjoy my meal. Sometimes, i eat in the library where there are less people. I have to do it sneakily because we are not allowed to eat in the library. In the hallways, i try to keep my gaze down and look into the distance only a couple of times but doing in a way where i look at huge chunks of things at a time. However, i don't have this anxious fear in public places like grocery stores as much as i do at school. Why do i have so much fear? I guess i fear being exposed or criticized. Maybe i was criticized so much as a child that i just had it with criticism. If there was any situation that remotely allowed the chance for criticism or being exposed, i would contract. I do know that i have to change all of this. In fact, i must change.

I just realized something. I probably screw up on class discussions and socializing because i lack awareness of the situation. This probably comes from a negative memory of being embarrassed or something similar to that. This causes me to withdraw from the situation. If i just replace the conditioned fear with awareness, things might be better for me. I found my own answer. Thanks for your post. If i hadn't have seen your post, i probably wouldn't have this solution. Many thanks.
You need to change all the time to feel "safe". You can also say that "why" and "why not" are tools to prioritise what you need to do in order to get "awareness of the situation" in the most effective way.

You are responsible for your actions in every moment and it is so powerful that you can even feel the wind of change when doing it in this very moment.

Very often people don't have time to get a lot of questions or get new alternative solutions that just don't fit into their short timeplans. Due to this they might get stressed and could very well react in a hostile way due to all created stress. Often it affects some innocent person that has to try to protect himself against unfair critisism. If it happens in childhood it is of course sad and might destroy a lot of curiosity and self confidence. The child learns to connect fear with curiosity and of course it is way wrong direction.
When that child grows up he in some situations might show fear instead of curiosity, and he don't know why he react like he do anymore.
The subconscious just misinterprets and screams that in these situations you need to watch out because it could be dangerous.
But you could go around it as I think you realised.

"The wind of change, Scorpions" Wink
I felt better at school today. Vision is better. I have some more work to do though.
I have had eye improvement using the bates method long swing, palming and sun gazing (HRM protocols). The bates techniques and sungazing work but I find that it is taking a lot longer than I expected to gain 20/20. I gaze at the sun usually for over 30 minutes or more and do the eye exercises for total of one hour daily.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now