MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Not used to really good vision and an update

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not used to really good vision and an update
Ok, so i practiced about 100 long swings ( maybe more) plus some palming a couple of days ago, and on from that point, my vision has become really good. I totally understand the stuff about William Bate's concept of central fixation. i can't describe how i attained central fixation but it was awesome. Scratch that. Maybe i can describe how i did it. Basically, i look at a blurry object, i zoom in on a slither of it, and try to locate the smallest point within the slither. After that, i move on. Oh, and one more thing. You have to look within the object. I noticed that personally, i'm so used to just skimming an object and not really taking the time to see it. The only drawback to this is that i'm not used to the improved vision. When i do good vision, i have a slight aversion to it. I like the good vision but some part of me wants to go back to the old habits of strain.The blurry vision served well as a type of protective barrier against other people but it needs to go away.
(09-26-2014, 03:52 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: Ok, so i practiced about 100 long swings ( maybe more) plus some palming a couple of days ago, and on from that point, my vision has become really good. I totally understand the stuff about William Bate's concept of central fixation. i can't describe how i attained central fixation but it was awesome. Scratch that. Maybe i can describe how i did it. Basically, i look at a blurry object, i zoom in on a slither of it, and try to locate the smallest point within the slither. After that, i move on. Oh, and one more thing. You have to look within the object. I noticed that personally, i'm so used to just skimming an object and not really taking the time to see it. The only drawback to this is that i'm not used to the improved vision. When i do good vision, i have a slight aversion to it. I like the good vision but some part of me wants to go protective barrier against other people but it needs to go away.
back to the old habits of strain.The blurry vision served well as a type of

This is good news. The 'method' you use to see blurry objects is similar to mine, but I use different words. Basically, when I look at a blurry object I keep looking until it slowly "stabilizes" into a clear image. I think the reason people see things blurry is that, as you say, people have to take the time to look at things. If they're just darting their eyes from object to object, at varying distances, and expecting it to be clear, they'll have no luck. This is where the concept of "shifting" can become negative. It's possible to shift too much, thinking we are practicing good vision habits.
I can also relate to what you're saying about having an aversion to improved vision. I get this myself.
Just curious: what was your Snellen chart reading before your improvement, and what was it after?

Cheers,
JW
Congratulations -- you're doing what Dr. Bates advised, and seeing improvement. Remember he improved his own presbyopia by seeing/imagining tiny people inside a dark cave? I agree about proceeding more slowly, and not shifting wildly without really landing on anything. You can also stay too long on a point, trying and trying to see more. I'm getting more aware of very subtle levels of strain now, when it's time to move on to look at a different point, or to close my eyes briefly.

You wrote "When i do good vision, i have a slight aversion to it. I like the good vision but some part of me wants to go protective barrier against other people but it needs to go away."
Good awareness! Don't fight it or force yourself, which is just more strain. Notice when you're doing this, and see if you can dial it back just a little. Can you be around some people and not feel this way? (When I started vision improvement I was so introverted I felt this way around almost everyone.) Notice small improvements -- maybe that annoying neighbor you used to avoid does not bother you now. What helped me was realizing most people are much more interested in themselves than in me. So if I can keep the focus on them, I'm out of the spotlight and can relax.

You're doing some important work and putting in a foundation for even better vision. Thanks for letting us know about it.
JohnWayne, my vision is not gradually improving bit by bit. It's more like a period of clearness that happens once in a while when i just relax and allow myself to let go. It's like riding a bike. Use the good habits more, and the better vision, but if you don't in my case, the vision just plummets to blur. When it's improved, it's more like 20/50 or 20/40. Before, i could hardly get any clearing of vision because i was straining. I still am, but i hope that eventually i will just let go, and be in a state of visual relaxation. I really didn't document my results everyday.

Quote:Good awareness! Don't fight it or force yourself, which is just more strain. Notice when you're doing this, and see if you can dial it back just a little. Can you be around some people and not feel this way? (When I started vision improvement I was so introverted I felt this way around almost everyone.) Notice small improvements -- maybe that annoying neighbor you used to avoid does not bother you now. What helped me was realizing most people are much more interested in themselves than in me. So if I can keep the focus on them, I'm out of the spotlight and can relax.

You're doing some important work and putting in a foundation for even better vision. Thanks for letting us know about it.

Well, this is a little difficult to find out. I mean i feel somewhat relaxed around my friends and close family, but there are some times where i feel nervous and strained. However, random strangers do strain me. Well, maybe not all of the time. I noticed that some people have a relaxed demeanor that's just contagious. Their relaxation is so contagious that it relaxes me and i'm not strained around them. Oh, and there's those people that are strained and stressed out. Those people worsen my strain and stress levels. So i guess it just depends on the stranger. If they have a chronically relaxed demeanor, then i probably won't be strained. However, if it's a person like me whose strained, it will aggravate my strain.

Oh, and one more thing. I improved my posture, and read some principles on spiritual health. I read upon a concept called "The energy of birth". This is energy that comes from the sun and fuels the body in the waking state. I did some visualizations of the sun's rays accumulating inside of my brain, and spreading throughout my body. I think this might've contributed in improving my posture. My personality has slightly changed to a more energetic disposition. I think the only thing that's missing is the chronic relaxation. However, i notice that i'm getting better sleep, and the improved posture changes my perspective of the world, and makes my body feel much better. I can also bounce back from stressful situations by just not thinking and going into a somewhat meditative state.
(10-19-2014, 07:51 AM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: JohnWayne, my vision is not gradually improving bit by bit. It's more like a period of clearness that happens once in a while when i just relax and allow myself to let go. It's like riding a bike. Use the good habits more, and the better vision, but if you don't in my case, the vision just plummets to blur. When it's improved, it's more like 20/50 or 20/40. Before, i could hardly get any clearing of vision because i was straining. I still am, but i hope that eventually i will just let go, and be in a state of visual relaxation. I really didn't document my results everyday.

Quote:Good awareness! Don't fight it or force yourself, which is just more strain. Notice when you're doing this, and see if you can dial it back just a little. Can you be around some people and not feel this way? (When I started vision improvement I was so introverted I felt this way around almost everyone.) Notice small improvements -- maybe that annoying neighbor you used to avoid does not bother you now. What helped me was realizing most people are much more interested in themselves than in me. So if I can keep the focus on them, I'm out of the spotlight and can relax.

Well, this is a little difficult to find out. I mean i feel somewhat relaxed around my friends and close family, but there are some times where i feel nervous and strained. However, random strangers do strain me. Well, maybe not all of the time. I noticed that some people have a relaxed demeanor that's just contagious. Their relaxation is so contagious that it relaxes me and i'm not strained around them. Oh, and there's those people that are strained and stressed out. Those people worsen my strain and stress levels. So i guess it just depends on the stranger. If they have a chronically relaxed demeanor, then i probably won't be strained. However, if it's a person like me whose strained, it will aggravate my strain.

Oh, and one more thing. I improved my posture, and read some principles on spiritual health. I read upon a concept called "The energy of birth". This is energy that comes from the sun and fuels the body in the waking state. I did some visualizations of the sun's rays accumulating inside of my brain, and spreading throughout my body. I think this might've contributed in improving my posture. My personality has slightly changed to a more energetic disposition. I think the only thing that's missing is the chronic relaxation. However, i notice that i'm getting better sleep, and the improved posture changes my perspective of the world, and makes my body feel much better. I can also bounce back from stressful situations by just not thinking and going into a somewhat meditative state.

Ok, thanks for your reply.
My vision isn't improving gradually either, rather I seem to experience more and more clear flashes. This is consistent with others who have reported improving vision.
Seems to me like you're on the right track. Good luck with your improvements.

Cheers,
JW

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download