MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Reading: with or without my glasses?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reading: with or without my glasses?
Hello,

I realize that the standard advice is to go without your glasses whenever you can. When I'm reading with my reduced prescription glasses I can read something at arms length, without glasses I need to hold it just a few inches from my face and it's too close to see with both eyes at once without going cross-eyed. It's easier to read with the glasses but I'm not sure which might be better?

Thanks.
chris hansen Wrote:Hello,

I realize that the standard advice is to go without your glasses whenever you can. When I'm reading with my reduced prescription glasses I can read something at arms length, without glasses I need to hold it just a few inches from my face and it's too close to see with both eyes at once without going cross-eyed. It's easier to read with the glasses but I'm not sure which might be better?

Thanks.

You might try a reduced prescription for reading distance. Some optometrists will consent to providing these. But I have mixed feelings about reduced prescription glasses. The fact is that it's hard to deal when you can't see enough to function in normal life. The solution I always recommend for that is to dedicate lots of time to improving your vision so that the transition period is as short as possible. Also make sure you have some bright lighting to read by.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now