MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Reading further away

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reading further away
Hello,

I have another question.

Is it possible or desirable to focus on a specific area of better vision before moving on to the next goal? I can only read a few inches from my face without glasses but I realized that, if I was able to read the paperwork on my desk, I could spend much more time during the day without my glasses so it makes sense to me to focus on this goal first. Are there any exercises or ideas that are especially good for working on this?

Thanks.
I've been waiting to see if anyone else was going to respond, as I don't have much of an answer myself. If you were to practice with an eye chart at the same distance, it might lead to progress at that distance. Distance only has to do with our feelings and reactions to a particular distance, nothing to do with the distance itself. We're all capable of seeing at any distance. Practicing at a given distance for improvement in tasks at that distance isn't something I've really considered before, but I think it's a good question.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now