MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Re: bates method for beginners

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: bates method for beginners
Hi I am kind of confused about the bates method. I tried to read the book but I can't really understand it and most of the time I get bored.  I am 15 years old with 20/400 vision. I tried some bates method and could see a little better but then school came and my vision kept getting worse. Can someone please tell me some detailed methods that they have tried and worked for them. I only wear my glasses in class and I only wear them for five minutes. I sometimes use them and watch TV and when I go train to drive. I need for someone to give me sort of a daily routine of what to do and how to do it and what not to do. The worst part of being a kid with 20/400 vision is that people keep telling I'm blind.
Firstly, find some new friends. Confidence is important and why surround yourself with asses. I think your doing a really great job with not wearing your glasses as much as possible. If you can try to get yourself some reduced perscription lenses as well, I've had tremendous success with them and they will help when you're forced to use them in school and driving. Becides that its just a matter of dedication to the changing of visual habits and practicing vision techniques.
Hello Dear,

Paying attention to those silly people will definitely make you blind.
Read Bates' Articles to grasp his idea and then ask questions. You can also read the similar posts.

Worshiping God is the most relaxing thing I have ever experienced. Worshiping means making contact with infinite power and might and will make your tensions go away. It will relax the mind and body Believe me.

Elias
naruto,

Quote:I tried to read the book but I can't really understand it and most of the time I get bored.

I totally understand the situation you're in, and my advice is this: forget about that book, and start on perfecting the correct vision habits. *if you force yourself to read it you will only make your vision worsen, I'm afraid, in a self defeating cycle. As in the case of eyesight, trying too hard to do anything is foolish, and unfortunately here in the west, and especially in schools this is exaggerated beyond belief. 'Try, try, and try again' says a poster in my classroom. 'TRY, or you will FAIL', says another. And another, and another... Effort, effort, and more effort. Our teachers repeat this mantra in a trance like state. It's no wonder the students are failing.... *

In my other post I wrote this which I think was also kind of relevant to your problem:

Quote:I also just want to mention that I am the sam age as your brother so I guess the chances are that he is a bit daunted by the task ahead of him, and disgruntled now being told that he should begin with the original book, now although it makes sense to start from the beginning, in this case I wouldn't recommend starting with 'Perfect Eyesight' until you have read some of the other more modern books because, at the very least he will, like me,  find it slightly boring and might not be able to appreciate the book without a better understanding of the method gained from other places. Now as the previous users have already stated, improving one's vision is more than following a simple routine; palming 5 minutes, swinging 10 minutes, shifting 500 hours, sun until piping hot and ready to eat. But don't go with the wrong idea,  NVI is a very simple process indeed.  See this thread, you might find it of aid ; <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iblindness.org/forum/index.php/topic,383.0.html">http://www.iblindness.org/forum/index.p ... 383.0.html</a><!-- m -->

On the subject of 'Perfect Sight Without Glasses' - (or you might find it as 'The Cure of Imperfect Eyesight Without Glasses', but remember this is a hard to find edition of the book, for some strange reason they edited it and renamed it 'Better Eyesight Without Glasses', but this version is kind of crap compared to the unedited version, so just read the original on the internet, don't waste your money.). So anyway when fate had me encounter this legendary book, I was around 13, but the truth is that I hardly understood it, felt fed up, and put it down for until another year. Then I re-read it, understood it, but I was still very annoyed by Bates' olden language style. Now, many would disagree, but in this modern day and age I wouldn't really bother to read all of the book, just skip to the summarization parts where you learn the techniques. When you have become accustomed to Bates' language, and learnt a little more about him than is mentioned in his book, and understand some more about natural vision improvement, you can always come back and read it in depth. Well, if you are a true follower, then you will do this without hesitation. If you want a short summary of the book - All vision problems are caused by straining to see. When the strain is relieved by relaxation, the visual system is cured. Now, my friend, ensure that you (and your brother here) have understood this fact well and good, it is more significant than it sounds.

Quote:Firstly, find some new friends. Confidence is important and why surround yourself with asses.

Hmm, Urban, if only it were this simple... Perhaps when you are a kid, an eight year old, this is not so hard. But for teenagers of our age, to simply find some new friends just isn't an option. These are the friends you have probably grown up with, are in many of your classes, and will be for the next year, until you leave school. Naruto, sorry but you will just have to live with it - like we all have. Fear not, my friend, for there is a light at the end of the darkness; and you will be the one with the last laugh... Hehe I am starting to sound like a 'wiseguy' eh eh...

Quote:Worshiping God is the most relaxing thing I have ever experienced. Worshiping mean making contact with infinite power and might and will make your tensions go away. It will relax the mind and body Believe me.

Hi, Elias. Yes, I would agree that the Islamic method of namaaz (a prayer routine done five times a day, involving movement of all the body's ligaments and which when done properly also relieves a person of mental and physical tension) serves more purposes than just worship. During the prayer you should be in a certain state, the very state that are the three principles of clear vision: Centralization, Movement, and Relaxtion. AaMoF, Namaaz is not the only routine that yields such benefits; all and any prayer of any religion will typically induce relaxation and centralization. There are so many exercises, yogas, pilates, whatever, that can be done with the same effect - I've thought of the Bates' method as a hybrid of all of these, a mixture, only the method is slightly more molded, crafted, and specialized to meet our needs, that is, geared towards the cure of imperfect sight; as we perform the exercises directed by Dr. Bates, we will see ourselves that it is not only our eyes that have become so much more acute, but many other aspects of us have changed, improved, sharpened.

If we look at Bates' finding in this way, one of the conclusion one may arrive at is this: the Doctor was a person of pure and utter genius - in fact the guy was so far ahead of his time that, even now, over a century onwards, 2007, men of opthamolics have not caught up with his ideas. He is in a league of his own... You see, Bates had a vision, a dream, and his dream was that all of humanity, all life on Earth, would be free from visual defects, or more accurately, re-educated in the art of seeing. This is ever more important in today's world, with the daily hum drum of life beating upon and destroying  the bearers of this sense, sight, as we know it. Minds are polluted, eyes are teared away from the mind that is controlling, and who is the controller now? Computers, technology, it's almost as though we are living out the horror of the film, The Matrix. We are falling down the very path told within that story - robots taking over our minds, we are in some kind of sickening virtual world, chaos rules. There's no denying the genius of Bates, though it is important to realize that the methods he uses are by no means anything new; the truth is that they have been around since, well, forever... For, as Bates humbly stated hiimself, the techniques he employed were nothing more than that of what nature would naturally be permitted to carry out on it's own course... had it not been for glasses, making the visual defects a permanent loss. So either THIS was the doctor's vision, to cure the world, and re-educate those of have gone astray as to the ways of nature, of natural seeing, or perhaps it was something far more sinister, who knows? Perhaps he desired to... TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! *insert pinky and the brain theme*- by cashing in on his discoveries, brainwashing people to believe their eyes were cured, and then.... TAKING OVER THE WORLD!! Wow, a scary thought. Can you imagine that? Dr Bates', the evil planner behind everything, behind eye deterioration. What were his plans, I wonder... perhaps he came across an evil black jar containing evil black mist, which he released in the evil hope of contaminating the human's sight. Who would have known... it's always the one you least expect, no? Of course, I doubt my hypothesized vision into the past  is 100% accurate... I have, after all, been known by my Divination peers to make the occasional mistake with my 'EvilEventsofthePast--Seeing Eyes'...

Quote:I sometimes use them and watch TV and when I go train to drive.

Huh?! Over here we're not allowed to learn to drive until we're 16, and that's only for a provisional license!! Argh, guess I'll have to wait another three years... At least I won't worry about this DMV test that so many people are always complaining about because they can't pass it with their faulty eyes. I guess I'll just get a bike... DAMN need a license for that too! *sigh...* What has the world come to... Well, why would I want to learn to drive anyway, look at all you lazy gits, polluting the earth with your flashy cars, and all whilst there are old and weary geezers in Bangladesh who put their blood and sweat into earning their money have to pedal the riksha's every single day, to the point of collapse, only to have earned the British equivalent of £1 at the end of an entire week - enough to buy some bread for their starved kids. Foolish, greedy, insolent hypocrites you all are! Curse you I shall! Sorry, I think I shall need some time-out!!  :o

-Kaze
Kazekage Wrote:Hmm, Urban, if only it were this simple... Perhaps when you are a kid, an eight year old, this is not so hard. But for teenagers of our age, to simply find some new friends just isn't an option. These are the friends you have probably grown up with, are in many of your classes, and will be for the next year, until you leave school. Naruto, sorry but you will just have to live with it - like we all have. Fear not, my friend, for there is a light at the end of the darkness; and you will be the one with the last laugh... Hehe I am starting to sound like a 'wiseguy' eh eh...

Why yes, infact it is all to easy for me to say: "drop the deadweight friends". Just as it is all to easy for me to say, "practice Bates daily until vision is recovered". Unfortunately I can't break it down any more easily than this.

In the interest of explanation I will admit that I did not go through the traditional school system (schooled privately from grade 3 until highschool). Its a matter of independance. All that time away from my peers really helped me to realize that I don't actually need them. I enjoy having nice kids around me and socializing, but at the same time I don't feel any need to expand my current circle of friends beyond my one current friend (I'm talking about good friends not just people you sorta know)

There are kids out there that simply cannot or will not offer you assistance or support which is what a friendship is all about.

A true friend would not ridicule you, and drifting away from old friends is a fact of life. It would be a shame to drift away from a longtime friend just because of your dedication to Bates, but we grow and mature into different people and sometimes it is better to venture out on your own.
Dear Urban,

Quote:There are kids out there that simply cannot or will not offer you assistance or support which is what a friendship is all about.

Normally I would agree, but we're talking about the Bates method here; a century old, and supposedly disproven and deemed quackery, disposed and dismissed by the experts; the ophthalmologists', theory. Is it really rational to even expect support and assistance?! This problem is made worse if your friend is a glasses user him/herself, imagine being told that glasses are unneeded and I ain't wearing em so hah, I bet you were at least a little surprised.

Quote:A true friend would not ridicule you, and drifting away from old friends is a fact of life.

I disagree - a true friend would ridicule you, mock what you are doing; if the friend is too scared to do so, then he isn't a true friend at all, that's my opinion. The fact that he is willing to do this shows that he believes the friendship bond is strong enough to withstand it. Of course, all this mocking, insulting, and ridiculing is done for a number of reasons: 1. Jealously - all friends get jealous at one time or other, this is something that no one should deny. 2. Ridiculing, but in a constructive manner - consciously or subconsciously your friend doesn't want you to follow the Bates method, because all his life he has believed those around him. He is doing this in your interest, although of course he would be wrong. 3. Disbelief and unacceptability- like number 2.  Though having said this, making new friends and leaving old ones is a normal process, but it doesn't mean you tell someone to severe all their ties, this will only create distress and guilt, and soon after regret, unless these 'friends' are really REALLY stupid and ignorant, in which case, you shouldn't have made the mistake of mixing with such people. So my 2 cents are, no need to get rid of your friends. , simply because of the Bates method. This is so unnecessary. If their words are harsh then simply laugh it off. On the other hand, if you were motivated enough to do something like this, kill off your friends in the name of perfect sight, then you would already have had the motivation enough to have blocked out any discouragement, enough motivation to have simply ignored it, brushed it away like an annoying fly.

Quote:but we grow and mature into different people and sometimes it is better to venture out on your own.

Can't argue with you there, but this isn't the same as "dropping the deadweight friends", wouldn't you say?

Quote:(I'm talking about good friends not just people you sorta know)

So am I

-Kaze
Well,

As we all are practicing Bates method and learning new vision habits I think that we should work on gaining moral values and making them as our habits.
Patience is something that we must develop when dealing with disbelievers, these people are not in the state of thinking and judging, then don't take the serious at all.

Good friends will respect your beliefs, even if they disagree. These types of people whom mock are not the sort of people we must be friends with. People infleunce eachother, so one must learn to find good friends.

I don't want to start talking about religion here, But I think that it is in very close relation with vision improvement. I personally think that more than anything else when people truned their backs on religion thought by God through his prophets and started to develop their own ideaology, they started to strain.

Even those people living by religion, got influenced by these materialistic philosophies and tried to explain everything with that view, but this was totally a mistake. This led them to building a society, which lacks the moral values offered by religion, even those countries which call themselves countries based on religion. People blindly accept anything that this capitalistic framework offers. They don't ponder and see the goods and bads of any technology, and they accept anything imposed on them.

Stress??? where does it come from?
I personally think that stress is inevitable when one denies God. One will fear everything when he does not believe in God, because he is on his own and he has limited capabilites. He will start straining and straining, because of the problems he may face, not knowing that God is with him all the time and helps him whenever he asks.

To come to a conclusion I think that strain will continue to increase as the denial of God continues to increase. What kind of crap you think children are thought in schools? Are they thought about God? Are they thought about their future life and marriage? What is that they are told in schools? When they put forward an unproved and refuted theory such Darwinism and make them think that life has come to existence by itself, they begin to strain, because this is false, and believing lies can indeed make someone strain.

That's all ....  Wink

Elias
Elias,

Quote:What kind of crap you think children are thought in schools? Are they thought about God?

Why yes, we are - they're called Religious Education lessons. Dude, where have you been?!

Quote:What kind of crap you think children are thought in schools? Are they thought about God? Are they thought about their future life and marriage? What is that they are told in schools? When they put forward an unproved and refuted theory such Darwinism and make them think that life has come to existence by itself, they begin to strain, because this is false, and believing lies can indeed make someone strain.

First of all, if my school suddenly turned into some kind of religious fanatical brainwash centre, I would be a little peeved off... (as would the parents of all those poor children). Elias, you are annoyed that religion and belief in God is not taught publicly, but you are aware that there are many Madrassahs out there to satisfy you, I hope?

Also, I just want to say that Darwinism is of course taught in science, BUT NOT as the facts, but as a theory, as in it could be true or it could be false. In my school they don't really make you believe anything, in fact the teachers will tell you 'question everything' and 'be a critic' and 'think for yourself', so I guess schools and education is changing with the times. Also, with the introduction of P.S.H.R.E lessons (Personal, Social, Health, Religion, education) I think you are wrong that schools don't teach you anything about future life, and whatever. Either that, or the school I go to is a lot better than the ones you speak of. By the way, have you read a book 'The Evolution Deceit'? The author sure isn't a fan of Darwin, huh?  ;D

-Kaze
Are any of you here Muslims because you sound like it.
I think Elias does have a good point in schooling  furthering deterioration of vision.
I wouldn't agree that it's because of disbelief in God, though. That to me would imply that anyone who doesn't believe in God has poor eyesight. And are we talking Catholicism or what? Because there are a lot of conceptions of God or gods or sources of spiritual power out there. In anything that requires a lot from you, whether it's running long distances or vision improvement, it can make all the difference to have some sense of unlimited spiritual power to keep you centered and on course, but people who see things in a non-spiritual, mechanistic or reductionistic way are also quite capable of finding the capability within themselves to change something that is so rooted to the core as how they use their eyes.

I think a main thing that needs improving in schools today is the material taught can be so boring, especially the way it's presented in lecture format with kids chained to their desks for 6 hours a day. It's no wonder people get vision problems when they feel so much pressure to remember the most boring things, with little or no instruction on what methods you should use to learn or remember things. Students feel so much pressure and feel so helpless and resort to making themselves even more bored and uncomfortable by trying rote memorization, which isn't very effective. In this way, they learn that learning is uncomfortable and hard work, and as anything they can't do in their sleep requires some learning, practically every task out there means discomfort, and if you fail, then you must endure more discomfort to succeed. It's all backwards, but it's what they learn through that learning process. When they have temporary vision problems, it's the method they use to try to fix it, and as it's backwards, it just leads to chronic and worsening vision problems.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Hello,

Let me explain more precisely. I don't mean that denying God results in poor eyesight. People strain differently. It seems that we have gone so much offtopic, but vision is more than our visual system, but the way we look to the world. We see the world as we are not as it is.

What is the cause of any kind of strain we are facing?
Stress may be the most serious problem of the era we are living in. Yes, stress leads to straining. But where does stress come from? I personally think that stress is caused by depending solely on transient things. Living a purposeless life leading to nothingness, will indeed bring about strain when facing stressful situations. But if one believes that every moment of this life has a meaning in it and he is being tested by God, then stress will vanish.

Different places are indeed different, but today the world is based on capital and profit. Your money earns respect for you, not yourself. Schools are designed in a way to train agents for the capitalistic systems we are living in. They see you as an agent, not a human being. Most of your trainings in schools is for their benefit, not yours.

Kazekage,
Are you 13 years old, yes? You surprised me. You know much more than your age suggests. May I ask your actual nationality? You made me curious.
I haven't read the book you suggested, but I have seen pages like <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.evolutiondeceit.com">http://www.evolutiondeceit.com</a><!-- m -->.

Naruto,
I think that you're Japanese, I have visited Osaka and Kyoto. You have a beautiful country. You indeed are good and hard working people.
You asked if any of us is a Muslim? One doesn't have to label himself as a Muslim to be a Muslim, being a Muslim is the state of the heart and mind, not a label. Muslim means the one who has dedicated his life to the one and only God. Many people may label themselves as Muslims, but there maybe not a single sign for that in their behavior. A Muslim never accepts anything without reasoning.
There is a psychological issue here and that is playing with labels. And I don't like that. A label maybe a veil to the truth. Like eye doctors labeling vision problems as incurable.
I didn't want to talk about a specific religion here, because I think that the source of all religions is one and it is God, but most of them have become corrupted over time. We don't have to pay so much attention to the labels, but the truth behind them.

Please open your inner eyes ...  Wink

Elias
can you guys stay on the topic.
Naruto,

Sorry going so offtopic but I thought it is necessary for all of us.
Seeing is believing!!!
Then as a beginner believe and see.
Affirmations will help a lot.

Beginner often have problems to accept and believe that they can see. This is what makes it difficult for them.

Start with one of the exercises, and see it's benefit first, I suggest you shifting.
Shifting means regrading two letters and looking back and forth on them. be shifting your focus from one to the other, they must look like swinging.
Regard the following two letters:

A  F

look at the letter 'A' and then to 'F', then to 'A', then to 'F', continue don't this as you relax. When looking at 'A' affirm that it is clearer than 'F', and when looking at 'F' affirm that it is clearer than 'A' by continuing to do this for several minutes you'll notice what we all are talking about here.  This will also make you believe that you can see if you want, but wanting is the case!
Good Luck

Elias
Kazekage Wrote:Normally I would agree, but we're talking about the Bates method here; a century old, and supposedly disproven and deemed quackery, disposed and dismissed by the experts; the ophthalmologists', theory. Is it really rational to even expect support and assistance?! This problem is made worse if your friend is a glasses user him/herself, imagine being told that glasses are unneeded and I ain't wearing em so hah, I bet you were at least a little surprised.
Here's something to consider: Maybe the friend ridiculing you has tried very hard to change something about himself (use your imagination here) and eventually accepted that it wasn't possible.  And now sees you trying to do the same thing, albeit with something different.  How is he going to react?
Well, Yes Daniel,

Envy may be the case, they can't see you get rid of glasses forever and they intend to put forward some obstacles to delay your progress. Good people want good for everyone.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now