MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Should I take eyedrops to reduce pressure?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I take eyedrops to reduce pressure?
My doctor gave me some eyedrops to reduce pressure in my eyes. I don't know about it, I don't know what to do.
It's this eyedrop called Travatan Z Opthal. Solution and I have heard reviews about it making the eye go red as a side effect(I experienced it) and I've also heard reviews where they say that the drop caused hair growth on the eye-lids. I honestly don't know what to think.
Then I'm pressured by my Dad to take the drops b/c. if not I could have to get surgery and blah blah.
I do Bates almost everyday(well everyday) for past couple of days already.
Now, what can I do? What do I do?
Your doctor has examined your eyes, we have not.

So he should be the person with the best view of your situation and how to treat it. High pressure in the eyes is a serious situation and can lead to blindness. If you are uncomfortable with the eyedrops prescribed by your doctor, please refer back to him with your concerns, or go to another doctor to ask for a second opinion.
Is there a way to cure high pressure in eyes?
Is there anything I can do? This is the Bates forums, so any hope?
Do I have to take this all the time or what?

(01-18-2015, 11:53 AM)bloobi Wrote: Your doctor has examined your eyes, we have not.

So he should be the person with the best view of your situation and how to treat it. High pressure in the eyes is a serious situation and can lead to blindness. If you are uncomfortable with the eyedrops prescribed by your doctor, please refer back to him with your concerns, or go to another doctor to ask for a second opinion.
I know that you're not my doctor. I am asking for advice. Is this the only advice you have?
(01-30-2015, 01:35 PM)Seameri10 Wrote: Is there a way to cure high pressure in eyes?
Is there anything I can do? This is the Bates forums, so any hope?
Do I have to take this all the time or what?

(01-18-2015, 11:53 AM)bloobi Wrote: Your doctor has examined your eyes, we have not.

I know that you're not my doctor. I am asking for advice. Is this the only advice you have?

I am not a doctor. The Bates Method will reduce strain and stress if you do it right and consistently, palming and long swings and sunning, which I would think would help eye pressure to normalize. The behavioral optometrist I trained with gently asked his glaucoma patients where there was too much pressure in their lives, whether with their jobs or marriages or whatever, and if they could take steps to reduce that. Their eyes just mirrored the life situation.
Meir Schneider's daughter had pressure problem so very often he talked about it on his trainings.

What Meir Schneider suggests for eye pressure is 1) get better blood flow to your eyes, 2) increase your periphery.

The first suggestion is related to all the things you can do in order to loosen your neck: stretches, rolling on the floor, massage, correct posture etc.

The second thing is easily done by patching a piece of paper between your eyes, blocking the central vision, and creating some side movement - like waving your hands. You can also do night walking in the area without artificial light for an hour once a week.
You can still pursue the Bates Method while using your eye drops. In your shoes I would absolutely use them. Don't risk losing your vision.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download