MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Straining Causes Straining ...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straining Causes Straining ...
Hello,

I was thinking ...
Straining causes straining. When I strain, it makes me strain, and this continues, unless I stop thinking about strain. So the best Idea maybe forgeting strain and remembering relaxation.

Elias,
Like they say, you get what you think about, whether you want it or not. If you're thinking of straining all the time, of how much you don't want it, of how to stop it, then you're going to continue to produce it, moment by moment. Not only are you telling the universe that it's what you want, but you also get what you think about because you act upon your thoughts. It's a matter of catching yourself when you create a thought that produces a bad feeling, and transforming it into a better one that may logically seem to mean much the same thing but spiritually is completely different.

Like for example, with glasses, don't say "I want to see without glasses," or "I hate wearing glasses," because all you're doing is ensuring that glasses will continue to be a part of your thoughts and something that you will continue to create in your life. A lot of people talk that way because that's all they know, but they would better bring what they want by thinking, "I want to see with my own eyes' abilities."

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Yes,

Positive thinking really works.
When I see someone with glasses, I usually start my conversation by introducing the Bates method and that glasses are not necessary.

Recently, I saw an astigmatic person and as I started to talk about the fact that eyes can see, if you want to, he took his glasses off and he indicated that he can now read the whiteboard! Amazing!

So I concluded that straining is actually the habit of not wanting to see, more than trying to see, because everyone knows unconsciously that seeing must be done effortless. So when he decides he wants to see, he starts seeing, very simple.

But when he starts straining, he continues straining until he changes direction.

Elias,
Quote:Positive thinking really works.

Yeah just to expand on this; the other day I was reading this book from the library, 'Use Your Head' by Tony Buzan I think it was, and he was describing positive positive thinking and positive negative thinking just like what Dave and you said. Positive negative thinking is where your goal is positive, like Dave's example: I don't want to wear glasses, but a positive positive statement would be: I want to see with my own eyes, deleting the 'don't' and replacing it with just 'want'. Positive positive thinking is a lot more powerful than positive negative thinking which is a lot better than negative negative thinking.

Quote:So the best Idea maybe forgeting strain and remembering relaxation

Hmm, this idea is correct, but remember readers, trying to do anything, including forgetting about strain, remembering relaxation, can lead to more strain. Just follow the natural vision practice of Blinking, Breathing, and Shifting, and allow relaxation to be induced and take its course naturally...

Quote:When I see someone with glasses, I usually start my conversation by introducing the Bates method and that glasses are not necessary.

Wow! I'm impressed, with so many people wearing glasses these days, you must be exhausted!

Quote:Recently, I saw an astigmatic person and as I started to talk about the fact that eyes can see, if you want to, he took his glasses off and he indicated that he can now read the whiteboard! Amazing!

HAHA!! He probably had watery eyes or something... But I guess it's very possible the glasses made him strain so much that without them his eyesight was 'minus the  glasses, but minus the strain too = better vision'.

Quote:Straining causes straining

Actually  no, straining doesn't cause straining, if the straining is done consciously and purposefully; Bates found that if one strained consciously, the person would automatically realize the subconscious strain held within him/her, and this would help the person to release that strain.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download