MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Understanding the All Day Swing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Understanding the All Day Swing
I'm trying to re-gain the natural mobility in my eyes by becoming aware of opposition movement ALL DAY long. I love how my eyes relax but whenever I move my head, everything moves other way and everything is a blur!

Am I doing something wrong? Is this something I'll get get used to or will my eye movement catch up with my head to eventually slow things down?
(03-03-2015, 03:26 PM)yodosoBates Wrote: I'm trying to re-gain the natural mobility in my eyes by becoming aware of opposition movement ALL DAY long. I love how my eyes relax but whenever I move my head, everything moves other way and everything is a blur!

Am I doing something wrong? Is this something I'll get get used to or will my eye movement catch up with my head to eventually slow things down?

Try moving your head SLOWLY to the right. If the scene "moves" to the left, you're fine -- this is normal oppositional movement. You just aren't seeing it yet when your head moves fast.

You can also try doing the Long Swing to encourage natural movement in your eyes.
Nancy I do see the oppositional movement movement. It's just that the movement is so fast at times that things become a blur. My question whether oppositional movement will always be a blur or is this something I should expect to eventually become clear?
Slower and shorter. It's fine to practice the long swing to let everything pass by in a motion blur, but in normal looking you should look from detail to detail and you shouldn't really get the motion blur. The sense of oppositional movement will be more subtle.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
(03-03-2015, 08:08 PM)yodosoBates Wrote: Nancy I do see the oppositional movement movement. It's just that the movement is so fast at times that things become a blur. My question whether oppositional movement will always be a blur or is this something I should expect to eventually become clear?

What's unclear is how fast you are actually moving your head. After a certain speed our visual system will naturally suppresses the movement, and it becomes a strain to 'try' to see it. You may only see a flick of motion, towards the beginning and end of movement. Same with eye shifts (saccades). Except that one cannot control the speed of saccades - they're 'ballistic' - you can control distance and direction, but not speed once the mind has told it to launch.

When you're noticing oppositional movement in the larger sense, you are not really paying as much attention to details, not fixating on anything long enough to examine it. When you are fixating on detail, as David explained, you're not really going to be paying much attention to oppositional movement. So it kind of depends on what the task is, and your intention is.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download