MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Please help me out.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Please help me out.
I tried everything, eye rolls, long swings, snellen reading one eye at a time or with both eyes, palming , sunning, reading at the edge of blur, EVERYTHING for more than 5 months and achieved nothing, not even a reduced 0.25D.

I even try to shift alot, Im aware of blinking, trying to look at things without straining.

Help please. Im losing it -__-"
(03-28-2015, 03:08 AM)gekonus Wrote: I tried everything, eye rolls, long swings, snellen reading one eye at a time or with both eyes, palming , sunning, reading at the edge of blur, EVERYTHING for more than 5 months and achieved nothing, not even a reduced 0.25D.

I even try to shift alot, Im aware of blinking, trying to look at things without straining.

Welcome back, gekonus.

What you haven't tried yet is to worry less and to calm your mind. In your case a huge wish to achive the result acts as a blocking factor.

Instead try to think about other things you're interested in, don't freeze yourself thinking you'll start to live only when you regain your perfect vision. Rather make your life goals now and follow them, living day by day, doing your best in what you do but with no worry about results.

That'll help you find inner security and stability, inhance your imagination and memory, and enable you build and stabilize focus in thinking and eliminate the brain fog. Then you might find out that you calm your eyes more easily and they respond your mind's instructions more readily.
You mean like, to not think about the vision AT ALL but to just apply the good visual habits naturally? (Shifting, blinking frequently, distance viewing).

I dont understand how can I just live normally and my vision will improve that way.

Imagination and visualization seem to be very difficult to master. Even if I do imagine something clear, it surely isnt clear when I look at it
(03-28-2015, 11:46 PM)gekonus Wrote: You mean like, to not think about the vision AT ALL but to just apply the good visual habits naturally? (Shifting, blinking frequently, distance viewing).

I dont understand how can I just live normally and my vision will improve that way.

Imagination and visualization seem to be very difficult to master. Even if I do imagine something clear, it surely isnt clear when I look at it

Imagination (and memory) need work too, as they are imperfect as is vision. You may think you are imagining something correctly, but are not. To be effective, they have to be effortless as well. Perfect sight is instant, effortless, when used correctly. Same with imagination and memory. If it takes longer, something is hampering it. You imagine and remember the same way as you see - one small area at a time, one thing at a time..... best. And you never struggle or concentrate to hold that area, or thought. Like vision, it needs to keep moving. See myopically, think/imagine myopically - there's a strong correlation. The difficulty is in realizing your thought patterns, and letting them go, and be effortless.
(03-30-2015, 03:25 AM)arocarty Wrote:
(03-28-2015, 11:46 PM)gekonus Wrote: You mean like, to not think about the vision AT ALL but to just apply the good visual habits naturally? (Shifting, blinking frequently, distance viewing).

Imagination (and memory) need work too, as they are imperfect as is vision. You may think you are imagining something correctly, but are not. To be effective, they have to be effortless as well. Perfect sight is instant, effortless, when used correctly. Same with imagination and memory. If it takes longer, something is hampering it. You imagine and remember the same way as you see - one small area at a time, one thing at a time..... best. And you never struggle or concentrate to hold that area, or thought. Like vision, it needs to keep moving. See myopically, think/imagine myopically - there's a strong correlation. The difficulty is in realizing your thought patterns, and letting them go, and be effortless.

How can I imagine something clear when it really isnt.. how can it be effortless when i try to imagine it clearer than what it is.

I dont understand how am I supposed to do this.. while central fixating...
What I meant is - don't let yourself have the first thought in the morning "let's see how good my vision is today". And if you don't see well or as you expected after yesterday's success - that acknowledge can spoil that day. Don't be desperate about improving your vision.
Desperation stands against relaxation. This should be obvious.

Also, people in general worry too much. They allow themselves too be occupied by silly worries (false prediction of unpredictable future and imagining past events to be different) and not resolving real problems that stand right in front of them.
Worries affect our health, some of us have digestive problems because of them, some have problems with the heart, blood pressure etc...and some with the eyes.
Those ones who have vision problems should find a way to worry less or not to worry at all because WORRYING STANDS AGAINST RELAXATION.

Why relaxation is so important? Because relaxation is an unnecessary precondition for better eyesight. Dr Bates said this a thousand times: "After getting enough rest the patient was told to...(imagine/try/memorize/look...)". I'm sure that he didn't just instruct them to palm their eyes and imagine black colour but have a word of advice for those ones who were obviously worrying people or had any other problem that disabled getting real mental rest.

So you can start your new journey from the opposite point: by first figuring out what could be the things which are the enemy of relaxation in your case. (What makes you tense, upset and get your mind under strain?) Find them and mark them down on the paper. Think how you could eliminate them. Make some decisions regarding this matter and start implementing them. Then after some time you may find out your mood is better, your thoughts are faster (and correct), your memory is more vivid (and correct) and imagination is easier (and correct).

P.S. "The fact is when the mind is at rest nothing can tire the eyes, and when the mind is under a strain nothing can rest them. Anything that rests the mind will benefit the eyes." (Dr Bates)
(03-28-2015, 03:08 AM)gekonus Wrote: I tried Everything...

In order to improve you must learn to be aware of the strain in your eyes.
When you have learnt that you need to be aware of the opposite, that is to be aware of the effortlessness in your eyes as well.
In order to learn this you need to close your eyes.
The feeling is that you communicate with your eyes in this way.
Then it becomes a game to make the eyes feeling as effortless as possible.
The question alone how good your eyesight is today is meaningless.
You need to feel the difference in your eyes between today and yesterday.
Then you need to think "what can I improve in order to make my eyes feel even more effortless tomorrow" (it is important to have that mindset following you everytime and everywhere).
Quick note; my computer I use on Skype and camera, mic broke last night in a power surge. Sorry Gen9kus and others. Will be back online asap.

Give me a phone call. Its really not that much money on a cell nowadays and it will get you through until the machines get repaired.

This old computer using now is so very slow and takes forever even just for email so will be working to save money to fix it.

Will pm ya on way out today.

Clark
(03-28-2015, 03:08 AM)gekonus Wrote: I tried everything, eye rolls, long swings, snellen reading one eye at a time or with both eyes, palming , sunning, reading at the edge of blur, EVERYTHING for more than 5 months and achieved nothing, not even a reduced 0.25D.

What are your diopters? Back when you were using glasses/contacts Before you started all this, how often were you using them? Just for distance or did you leave them on for up close work as well? After you started all this, how much time do you spend outside?

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download