Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why does noticing Peripheral Vision Feel so good?
(06-24-2015, 07:45 AM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: What does "seeing everything from your shoulders" mean? Does it mean to tense up your shoulders in order to see?

You read that wrong. Dropping the burden from your shoulders. The burden of seeing everything. Metaphorically.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
(06-24-2015, 08:01 AM)David Wrote:
(06-24-2015, 07:45 AM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: What does "seeing everything from your shoulders" mean? Does it mean to tense up your shoulders in order to see?

You read that wrong. Dropping the burden from your shoulders. The burden of seeing everything. Sort of metaphorically, but I've heard shoulders of people with myopia are very often quite tense.

I see.
Hello,

I realised that there is Alpha wave relaxation Music available for free. You might listen to that when you palm in order to increase the peripheral vision awareness (seeing blackness, relax the eyes):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPni755-Krg

By the way there are also delta wave music, but it is more associated with deeper sleep. I palmed to that music for one hour and I thought it was beneficial to me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txQ6t4yPIM0

The brain and mind are associated with different frequencies (waves) or energy fields, that affects our vision.
Some waves have obviously healing effects, that is amazing to me.
(07-06-2015, 02:56 PM)hammer Wrote: Hello,

I realised that there is Alpha wave relaxation Music available for free. You might listen to that when you palm in order to increase the peripheral vision awareness (seeing blackness, relax the eyes):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPni755-Krg

By the way there are also delta wave music, but it is more associated with deeper sleep. I palmed to that music for one hour and I thought it was beneficial to me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txQ6t4yPIM0

The brain and mind are associated with different frequencies (waves) or energy fields, that affects our vision.
Some waves have obviously healing effects, that is amazing to me.

So do people with normal vision retain this alpha brainwave relaxation? If so, how do they do it? Does the ego in us poorly sighted people sabotage the relaxation somehow?
(07-08-2015, 07:00 AM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: Does the ego in us poorly sighted people sabotage the relaxation somehow?

Maybe I better write down an answer out of my experience, but I would be curious to here what other people here also think.

Yes my personal view is actually that the ego sabotages the relaxation.
And that is because people tend to adapt the reality to something that suits their needs better. That is for instance why a myopic person can feel relaxed, but on the same time other people don't look upon this myopic person as especially relaxed. That is the belief system is no longer reflecting the true awareness for the myope. In the myopic case the relaxation was meant to work at least sometimes and so to say reset biological system failures regarding vision, but I would say that the glasses prevents this reset to normal vision from ever happening.

When I look at people with normal vision they do not always look relaxed,
but every now and then they on the other hand look 100% relaxed, and it can happen very suddenly.
A person with normal vision can very well look relaxed in a situation where a myopic person definitely would not, and vice versa is also true.
I think that makes a difference.

People with normal vision seem to be more aware of the peripheral, and more reacting out of it.
(07-08-2015, 04:49 PM)hammer Wrote:
(07-08-2015, 07:00 AM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: Does the ego in us poorly sighted people sabotage the relaxation somehow?

Maybe I better write down an answer out of my experience, but I would be curious to here what other people here also think.

Yes my personal view is actually that the ego sabotages the relaxation.
And that is because people tend to adapt the reality to something that suits their needs better. That is for instance why a myopic person can feel relaxed, but on the same time other people don't look upon this myopic person as especially relaxed. That is the belief system is no longer reflecting the true awareness for the myope. In the myopic case the relaxation was meant to work at least sometimes and so to say reset biological system failures regarding vision, but I would say that the glasses prevents this reset to normal vision from ever happening.

When I look at people with normal vision they do not always look relaxed,
but every now and then they on the other hand look 100% relaxed, and it can happen very suddenly.
A person with normal vision can very well look relaxed in a situation where a myopic person definitely would not, and vice versa is also true.
I think that makes a difference.

People with normal vision seem to be more aware of the peripheral, and more reacting out of it.

Interesting. Anyway, I found this interesting article online. What do you think of this? Personally, the descriptions of the myopic person in the article accurately describes my outlook on life. However, I acknowledge that everyone's problem is different. This article may be accurate for me but not to someone else.

Article; http://www.flowsandforms.com/myopia/
(07-08-2015, 06:09 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: Interesting. Anyway, I found this interesting article online. What do you think of this? Personally, the descriptions of the myopic person in the article accurately describes my outlook on life. However, I acknowledge that everyone's problem is different. This article may be accurate for me but not to someone else.

I think that article is rather accurate in general terms.

The problem is that a person must get to now himself first in order to improve. You need to find inner awareness such that the actions you take in every moment really is coming from your heart. You need to see every possibility to improve as something positive. That is what people call to feel safe. When you feel safe you are less afraid and less anxious.
You respect life and your next, you see that everything is connected and you need to cooperate with others, with nature, with everything.
You become less egoistic. You learn to see how others feel and how you could help them.
I think this was natural in ancient days, but today I am afraid it is a much more challenging environment we grow up in where kids easily could get lost and miss their natural guidance too early.

I do think there however exist a natural biological reset mechanism and it is pretty much in general terms what we call meditation or massage.
The goal is of course to live without having to do some kind of reset too often,
and instead have the natural guidance always with you.
May be that is a concept of living, some art maybe.
(07-09-2015, 04:21 PM)hammer Wrote:
(07-08-2015, 06:09 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: Interesting. Anyway, I found this interesting article online. What do you think of this? Personally, the descriptions of the myopic person in the article accurately describes my outlook on life. However, I acknowledge that everyone's problem is different. This article may be accurate for me but not to someone else.

I think that article is rather accurate in general terms.

The problem is that a person must get to now himself first in order to improve. You need to find inner awareness such that the actions you take in every moment really is coming from your heart. You need to see every possibility to improve as something positive. That is what people call to feel safe. When you feel safe you are less afraid and less anxious.
You respect life and your next, you see that everything is connected and you need to cooperate with others, with nature, with everything.
You become less egoistic. You learn to see how others feel and how you could help them.
I think this was natural in ancient days, but today I am afraid it is a much more challenging environment we grow up in where kids easily could get lost and miss their natural guidance too early.

I do think there however exist a natural biological reset mechanism and it is pretty much in general terms what we call meditation or massage.
The goal is of course to live without having to do some kind of reset too often,
and instead have the natural guidance always with you.
May be that is a concept of living, some art maybe.

Well said. Will mainstream science ever acknowledge this?
(07-10-2015, 01:59 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: ...

Yes. And that is because what mainstream always misses is to treat problems at the source and find solutions to the source of a problem.
They misses it because they are not aware of (or don't understand) that the body is a fractal system. Many things in our World is in fact fractal systems. If you feed a fractal system with "so to say shit" then not just shit will come out, but even worse Everything in the fractal system will in the end be built up of "so to say shit". If you feed it correctly then Everything in the fractal system will be perfect. Smile
(07-11-2015, 04:25 PM)hammer Wrote:
(07-10-2015, 01:59 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: ...

Yes. And that is because what mainstream always misses is to treat problems at the source and find solutions to the source of a problem.
They misses it because they are not aware of (or don't understand) that the body is a fractal system. Many things in our World is in fact fractal systems. If you feed a fractal system with "so to say shit" then not just shit will come out, but even worse Everything in the fractal system will in the end be built up of "so to say shit". If you feed it correctly then Everything in the fractal system will be perfect. Smile

I do tend to agree with this notion. I actually view conciousness as a pattern of brain activity, but that it's a fractal pattern. Some scientists are already jumping onboard. One such scientist/engineer is Adrian Bejan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constructal_law
http://www.amazon.com/Design-Nature-Cons...0385534612

Although, Adrian Bejan promotes the idea that there are certain geometric configurations and patterns in nature, and not so much about fractals.

There's also the Integrated Information theory of consciousness that i find interesting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrated...ion_theory

http://www.sciencechannel.com/tv-shows/t...fe-is-phi/

Yes, all of these things are quite interesting. Also, are diseases a disruption in the fractal pattern of the human or it's DNA? Does disease primarily have to do with diet or mostly stress and wrong thoughts? Are there some diseases that are incurable?
(07-12-2015, 04:26 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: ...
Yes, all of these things are quite interesting. Also, are diseases a disruption in the fractal pattern of the human or it's DNA? Does disease primarily have to do with diet or mostly stress and wrong thoughts? Are there some diseases that are incurable?

Maybe I should give you some brief background about how I think about behaviours and why they are affected by fractals. This is quite deep thinking of course, but on the otherhand easy to understand actually.

So, why do fractals exist ? It is because the universe is infinite, and due to this the universe reflects back fractals all the time, because that is the pattern of eternity, that is a pattern that is repeated infinitely. That is a fractal. So the whole universe is then a fractal.
If the universe was not infinite, then fractals would not have existed.
For instance an atom is a fractal, because that structure with the particles and orbits within the atom is also a structure well know in the solar system for instance.
Now the interesting part: Behaviours have also fractals since we are part of the nature that also of course is part of the universe.
For instance the computers that trade stocks on the stockmarkets are programmed to find fractal patterns. That is to me en evidence that these patterns are part of our behavioural patterns.
Actually I think these fractal patterns also are part of our visual behaviours as well. That is why strange things can affect our eyes and in a way we need to meditate/relax and so on to cope with these effects.

That is also why positive thinking actually can heal and cure some diseases.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download