MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Remembering other colours // and experience with migrains?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remembering other colours // and experience with migrains?
Hey Everyone,
I found out about the Bates method about a week or so a go and promptly read the book. I just want to say hi, I look forward to posting here.

I was wondering if anyone has had good experiences with remembering colours other than black? I actually can remember white better but am not sure if it is advantageous to do so. I can see it conflicting with central fixation when seeing a black period on a black letter.

Also, does anyone here get migraines from their glasses or feel that they have been relieved by them by the Bates method? I've just started, but last night I was in class and had to put on my glasses to see what was going on and this morning I started the symptoms of my usual migraines ( spotted and loss of peripheral vision). I did some palming which relieved it for a few minutes but the symptoms came back, so I did some more palming and was only able to relieve some of the migraine. I would assume, from what I have read, that once my muscles and mind are relaxed the migraines will probably cease.

Oh! And I was also wondering if anyone knew about massage techniques that might help with relieving strain in the obliques.

Thanks,
Have a good one,
Kyle.
Hi Kyle,

I used to get daily migraines even without wearing glasses or contacts because I was using my eyes the wrong way, straining them. After learning about the Bates Method, the migraines which I had every other day after work disappeared permanently.

This was done by learning how to shift and not jerk my eyes around while looking at things. I would also do 5-10 minutes of palming and 100 long swings every night before going to bed. This helped big time in relieving strain.

Regarding massage techniques, I've heard of them. I have a book by Meir Schneider that I have not finished reading, it's called The Handbook of Self-Healing: Your Personal Program for Better Health and Increased Vitality, and he puts in a lot of information about massage techniques for relieving headaches.  You should consider getting this book.

Schneider says there are different types of headaches, such as headaches triggered by food, eyestrain, congested sinus, insomnia, and cervical syndrome. But for headaches caused by eyestrain, which seems to be your problem, Schneider says that palming is the best way to go about it.

I am about to post a Palming Primer in this subforum.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now