MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
How Important is Visualization?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Important is Visualization?
This is the discussion thread for How Important is Visualization?.
(08-06-2015, 12:25 AM)David Wrote: This is the discussion thread for How Important is Visualization?.
I've read that the brain uses the same neural circuitry to visualize or to see in dreams or to "see" in memory or to see with the eyes open. When I started vision improvement almost 15 years ago, I never understood why I could see so clearly and with such detail with my eyes closed, yet so poorly with them open. The simple answer I came up with is that when my eyes were open, I was not at all relaxed. I'm still focusing on this, to improve my vision more. I didn't realize it at the time, but when I was studying dreams, training myself to examine the details there helped my open-eyed vision too.
(08-06-2015, 08:22 AM)Nancy Wrote:
(08-06-2015, 12:25 AM)David Wrote: This is the discussion thread for How Important is Visualization?.
I've read that the brain uses the same neural circuitry to visualize or to see in dreams or to "see" in memory or to see with the eyes open. When I started vision improvement almost 15 years ago, I never understood why I could see so clearly and with such detail with my eyes closed, yet so poorly with them open. The simple answer I came up with is that when my eyes were open, I was not at all relaxed. I'm still focusing on this, to improve my vision more. I didn't realize it at the time, but when I was studying dreams, training myself to examine the details there helped my open-eyed vision too.

Nancy, your vision has improved amazingly! Congrats! During the fifteen years that you have been improving your vision, did you use any contacts or glasses that were under corrected at all, or how did you go about that? I would love to know the kinds of things that you used to improve your vision!
I am new to this forum, so please excuse me if I am asking the wrong things. I will try to learn. Thank you.
Oops, I was using a tool to cross post my blog post here and it didn't work as planned. I thought it was going to do the whole post and not just a link.

I'm glad you came to the right conclusion years ago about your vision with your eyes closed vs open. Most people take it to mean that there's something wrong with their eyes. That's not usually true! But it's very deceiving, and I can see how people would think that, and take an approach that tries to whip their eyes into shape.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
(08-06-2015, 10:34 AM)Jasmine1000 Wrote:

Nancy, your vision has improved amazingly! Congrats! During the fifteen years that you have been improving your vision, did you use any contacts or glasses that were under corrected at all, or how did you go about that? I would love to know the kinds of things that you used to improve your vision!
I am new to this forum, so please excuse me if I am asking the wrong things. I will try to learn. Thank you.
Jasmine, hi. Here's a summary from several years ago of my vision improvement journey, which of course is ongoing. It will give you an idea of what I've done. https://dreamersight.wordpress.com/2011/...provement/
Welcome! There's a lot of good information here, and many helpful people.
(08-06-2015, 11:33 AM)Nancy Wrote:

Jasmine, hi. Here's a summary from several years ago of my vision improvement journey, which of course is ongoing. It will give you an idea of what I've done. https://dreamersight.wordpress.com/2011/...provement/
Thank you, Nancy. I hope I can improve my vision also. I tried that link you gave me, but it said the page was not found. Would there be a different link?
(08-06-2015, 12:20 PM)Jasmine1000 Wrote:
(08-06-2015, 11:33 AM)Nancy Wrote:

Thank you, Nancy. I hope I can improve my vision also. I tried that link you gave me, but it said the page was not found. Would there be a different link?

That link works fine for me. You did need to click it and not try to copy and paste it with the "..." it uses to shorten the display.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now