MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
is anti reflective coating important?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is anti reflective coating important?
Hi,

I came across Bates method in 2008, and did some palming until 2010. Then i resolved to not wearing glasses, including for computer use, unless it's absolutely necessary in a classroom.

In 2009, my prescription was 4.5 in each eyes.

I just had another vision exam a few weeks ago, my left eye is still 4.5 but my right eye is down to 3.5. I had thought that after all these years, I'd be in the 2 to 3 range. Huh

Well my primary goal is to decide whether to purchase anti reflective coating. It costs $50 more, which is ok. I just don't want a glass that's "specifically for computers". I have a feeling that would be providing too much external accommodation, like the way a full power lenses do.

I want normal eyes, not "computer eyes", and I am afraid that wearing a computer glasses will benefit vision clarity at the cost of changing how I see intrinsically. (like how people's brain adapts from reading a printed book to reading on Kindle) If that makes any sense.

But that's just an intuitive guess. Please post your suggestion. Thanks!
(09-04-2015, 09:56 PM)zarakiMaster Wrote: Hi,

I came across Bates method in 2008, and did some palming until 2010. Then i resolved to not wearing glasses, including for computer use, unless it's absolutely necessary in a classroom.

I just had another vision exam a few weeks ago, my left eye is still 4.5 but my right eye is down to 3.5. I had thought that after all these years, I'd be in the 2 to 3 range. Huh

Well my primary goal is to decide whether to purchase anti reflective coating. It costs $50 more, which is ok. I just don't want a glass that's "specifically for computers". I have a feeling that would be providing too much external accommodation, like the way a full power lenses do.

I want normal eyes, not "computer eyes", and I am afraid that wearing a computer glasses will benefit vision clarity at the cost of changing how I see intrinsically. (like how people's brain adapts from reading a printed book to reading on Kindle) If that makes any sense.

Why invest more money in fancy coatings when your intention is to wear them as little as possible?
(09-05-2015, 02:18 AM)arocarty Wrote:
(09-04-2015, 09:56 PM)zarakiMaster Wrote: Hi,

Why invest more money in fancy coatings when your intention is to wear them as little as possible?

Anti-glare coatings mute the glare that wouldn't be there in the first place if you didn't have glasses on, to me. It feels like taking another medication to soften the effects of your primary medication, instead of trying to get off it completely.

As arocarty said, what is your goal? If it's to do without glasses, keep marching toward that, learning how to see when your eyes are roaming free out of those cages.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download