MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Confused and skeptical

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confused and skeptical
Hi I've been researching and using some(Eye exerciseds sort of based on the Bates Method) for a while. I haven't really had much improvement. Although my eyes do feel a lot less strained. How does one go about improving there eyes. I don't really want to have to read a whole book on the subject. It's really painful not wearing glasses. I have to strain to see the computer screen.
I guess all I want to know what is the best way to go about this so I can actually havesome real improvements.
Hello,

I think that maybe you have not really understood what was Bates actually talking about. Me too had this problem, but not now.

You have to believe that you can see, you have to affirm that you can see all the time to make your vision get stable.

But, if you strain when using the computer then it is not good for you. Get closer to the screen where you don't strain, and start developing the habit of sitting comfortably in front of this monster (sorry I mean the computer, you must not think that it is a monster). Your eyes must move, you must breath normally, and know that you see better each time you breath, you must release you eyes not strain them, straining will make you strain more, then stop this somewhere and move in the opposite direction, where straining does not exist.
Shifting between the letters from time to time will make you relax.
Remember that if you want to see, you must change you personality.

Elias
No it's my pet monster.  ;D
Sorry adjustedrace, but you have two options:

1. Read a whole book, or more, and teach yourself (with help on this forum). http://www.iblindness.org/books/

2. See a teacher. http://www.iblindness.org/teacherassns.html
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now