MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Same Mental strain that affects my vision may also be affecting my fluid intelligence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Same Mental strain that affects my vision may also be affecting my fluid intelligence
I remember that during the years when I had optimum vision ( Early childhood), I had quicker reflexes, better focus, and faster processing speed. When I got glasses around the age of 8, this started to diminish somewhat. It really went downhill when I entered high school which was around 3 years ago. I hated the school (still do to this day), felt uncomfortable, and had difficulty focusing. Could this be a sign that mental strain and discomfort is ruining my fluid intelligence? I also noticed that when I'm presented a difficult task or unfamiliar puzzle, I immediately panic. Before, I didn't do that. Same way with speaking. I'm a somewhat of a slow speaker that takes many pauses as I take this time to carefully choose my words to fit the occasion or situation. I remember that before, words just flowed naturally, and I didn't take many pauses. I do have a habit of using words that aren't commonly used. I additionally have a really bad habit of suppressing my thoughts and actions. For example, if a teacher asks my class a question, at times I may know the answer, but I keep the answer to myself. As a result, I begin to feel uncomfortable tension mentally and physically. When I was younger, I raised my hand quite a bit in school. But after middle school and into high school, I stopped raising my hand, and became rather laconic in the classroom; I was even afraid of asking simple questions such as asking to go to the restroom. Is this just a coincidence or is my mental strain taking away some of my fluid intelligence and reactivity? I also acknowledge that reaction time, focusing power, and reactivity decline with age. Does anyone else have any similar experiences? I suspect that this issue is idiosyncratic to myself. I see other myopes in my class, and they blurt out answers and actively participate. However, their myopia may be lower than mine, and may have better vision than me. Overall, most of them, especially males appear to be confident, proud, and active participants. Perhaps their myopia originates from a strain that's totally different from the strain that I experience.
You're a unique individual, and you also have traits in common with many other human beings. I was fortunate enough, despite my ever-thicker glasses, to do very well in school. I interacted easily with my teachers. Outside of the classroom, though, I felt weird and different, had very few friends, and was painfully shy. Since I spent so much more time with books than actually talking to people, I was accused of using "big words" when I was just trying to communicate clearly!

As I've said in a few recent posts, helping myself feel calm and safe is as important to me now as targeted vision exercises. I'd advise you to find a sensitive friend or 2 who "gets you", and keep your focus on what you want to accomplish, whether others around you understand or not. And do everything you can to lower your anxiety. You are learning to become your own support system.
1 I also realized that my concentration is much weaker than it was when my eyesight was OK. The same can be said for mental reactions to different kind of situations, for example, when I find myself in situation to discuss about something with someone. I used to enjoy in discussions, now I avoid them. The moment I start to discuss or argue with someone my vision gets worse and I get more nervous. My memory is also much poorer as well as a speed to make conclusions.

2 Also very often it seems to me that people are talking in a fuzzy way (some do so), and that what I read is unclear and unecessary complicated etc (no doubt some texts are of that kind). When I had normal vision I was praised by many to have an ability to talk clearly on any subject and to give good explanations on things I'm knowledgable about. Now even my mother use to say: "Why don't you say that this way and stop making things complicated..." Earlier I used to anticipate the words and have my answer ready before the question is finished. Now I ask them to repeat the question. I do have a feeling that my vision spoils my intelligence and I started my life as a smart kid.

3 Funny thing: when you put the glasses on to other people you look smarter but you yourself feel more stupid.

4 The strain to see well eats your energy to understand well.

5 Dr Bates told us that things which are done in a correct way are those ones which are done easily. How to regain this easiness which is given to most of us at least in our childhood is one of the most essential questions of natural vision improvement programs.
In my case I think it is my memory and imagination that was much better when I was younger. Thus I was a better speaker when I was younger.

I think a sedentary lifestyle (with too much sugar intake) in combination with sleep deprivation has been causing lots of these problems.

In a way it is your body that gives you warning signs and you need to listen to them.
(09-11-2015, 03:16 PM)hammer Wrote: In my case I think it is my memory and imagination that was much better when I was younger. Thus I was a better speaker when I was younger.

I think a sedentary lifestyle (with too much sugar intake) in combination with sleep deprivation has been causing lots of these problems.

In a way it is your body that gives you warning signs and you need to listen to them.

eh, too much sugar may contribute some. I eat sugary foods sometimes. Some days, I don't eat them at all. Now, sleep deprivation is another issue. I hardly get good sleep. I need another mattress, and get a mind-fold. I tested my blood sugar before, and it's rather low-average (60-70). I really think my problem lies with the mental aspect of things. My height and weight are reasonable; 6"0 and 145 pounds. I might lose a little more weight. I also hardly drink sodas.

https://squareup.com/market/integraleyesightimprovement

good stuff.

(09-11-2015, 03:16 PM)hammer Wrote: In my case I think it is my memory and imagination that was much better when I was younger. Thus I was a better speaker when I was younger.

Actually, I'm a better speaker now. I just take longer because I want to use complicated words. I want to be as articulate as I can be. It just requires long 5-10 second pauses to formulate what I may say next. Writing however, is a tad bit easier for me. In the past, I didn't use complicated words. I just blurted stuff out, but now, I censor a lot of my initial reactions and responses. Oh, and another thing. I'm not generally expressive either. I'm pretty much a poker face and serious when I'm out in public or in school. At home, I can wind down and express myself.

(09-11-2015, 10:13 AM)Aureus Wrote: 1 I also realized that my concentration is much weaker than it was when my eyesight was OK. The same can be said for mental reactions to different kind of situations, for example, when I find myself in situation to discuss about something with someone. I used to enjoy in discussions, now I avoid them. The moment I start to discuss or argue with someone my vision gets worse and I get more nervous. My memory is also much poorer as well as a speed to make conclusions.

2 Also very often it seems to me that people are talking in a fuzzy way (some do so), and that what I read is unclear and unecessary complicated etc (no doubt some texts are of that kind). When I had normal vision I was praised by many to have an ability to talk clearly on any subject and to give good explanations on things I'm knowledgable about. Now even my mother use to say: "Why don't you say that this way and stop making things complicated..." Earlier I used to anticipate the words and have my answer ready before the question is finished. Now I ask them to repeat the question. I do have a feeling that my vision spoils my intelligence and I started my life as a smart kid.

3 Funny thing: when you put the glasses on to other people you look smarter but you yourself feel more stupid.

4 The strain to see well eats your energy to understand well.

5 Dr Bates told us that things which are done in a correct way are those ones which are done easily. How to regain this easiness which is given to most of us at least in our childhood is one of the most essential questions of natural vision improvement programs.

Same here. Maybe suppressing my expressiveness and mental reactions to certain things just turned into a built-up surplus of energy that eventually manifested into muscle and mental tension. This started in kindergarten for me. I raised my hand, and got a question wrong. I felt really bad, and didn't want to raise my hand again. Somewhere in middle school math class, I almost cried because the teacher called me out not answering a question correctly. I also laughed at an inappropriate time, and I got scolded. I didn't feel like expressing my self since I felt that other people would think I'm loony. I too, am afraid of discussions and being debunked by someone. That's why I remain laconic, and let others do the work. I guess I just don't want the spotlight on me. The fear has gotten so bad that I've been literally petrified of asking to go to the bathroom at school. I'm even afraid to be the first person to finish a test. Although I'm done with my test, I just sit there to avoid being the first person being finished as it will draw attention to me.
I think there is a dependency between bacterias in the colon and the personality/behaviour.
These bacterias are trying to keep "the system" in balance, while we easily can destroy it with antibiotics and wrong food.

If you are interested you can read this article with Google Chrome, but you need to activate automatic translation into english:
https://www.gp.se/gpplus/halsa/1.2828372...iv?m=print

This how to make friends video is also good to have watched:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAVapIgHSgw

I know a lot more about self activation and self realisation and such things,
but I leave it up to you.
(09-13-2015, 03:58 AM)hammer Wrote: I think there is a dependency between bacterias in the colon and the personality/behaviour.
These bacterias are trying to keep "the system" in balance, while we easily can destroy it with antibiotics and wrong food.

If you are interested you can read this article with Google Chrome, but you need to activate automatic translation into english:

hmmm...... very interesting. But one question disturbs me. Why can so many people eat a lot of bad foods and receive tons of antibiotics; such as fat people that eat a lot of sugars and always sickly, yet they can still be gregarious and social? Could this have to do with genetics? I seriously think that I was born shy and anxious. I feel that it's always been with me. Unfortunately, I am unable to successful translate the article you linked me. Is there a way around it?

(09-13-2015, 03:58 AM)hammer Wrote: I think there is a dependency between bacterias in the colon and the personality/behaviour.

Never mind. I got the English version of the page and I'm reading it right now.
Wink 
(09-13-2015, 06:12 AM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: Why can so many people eat a lot of bad foods and receive tons of antibiotics; such as fat people that eat a lot of sugars and always sickly, yet they can still be gregarious and social? Could this have to do with genetics?

Well different kinds of bacterial flora may give rise to different behaviors.
In your example that kind of imbalance caused those people to get fat.

Depending on what kind of imbalance you have it could also show up as other kind of behaviours/consequences like depression, anxiety, learning, memory.
I think actually there are imbalances that causes myopia also, at least it is very likely from the sentence above.
I think they will see this in some hundred years or so.
Imagine you have 800 different bacterial species and in some way the balance should be kept,
well you need to do a lot of Bates to maintain that. Smile

By the way if you are shy and anxious you need to see yourself in another context (from another perspective) in order to see the light around the corner so to speak.
A Little too big Picture, but who cares when it is such an important quote:
[Image: quote-remembering-that-i-ll-be-dead-soon...-94856.jpg]
(09-13-2015, 01:50 PM)hammer Wrote:
(09-13-2015, 06:12 AM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: Why can so many people eat a lot of bad foods and receive tons of antibiotics; such as fat people that eat a lot of sugars and always sickly, yet they can still be gregarious and social? Could this have to do with genetics?

Well different kinds of bacterial flora may give rise to different behaviors.
In your example that kind of imbalance caused those people to get fat.

Depending on what kind of imbalance you have it could also show up as other kind of behaviours/consequences like depression, anxiety, learning, memory.
I think actually there are imbalances that causes myopia also, at least it is very likely from the sentence above.
I think they will see this in some hundred years or so.
Imagine you have 800 different bacterial species and in some way the balance should be kept,
well you need to do a lot of Bates to maintain that. Smile

But isn't the bates method just doing what people with normal vision do? Like central fixation, being aware of the periphery, visualization, and looking at tiny details without strain. Don't people with normal vision do that? I mean, I assume not many people do palming but don't people with normal vision also have a sense of oppositional movement? But as for my anxiousness, I'm just going to accept that it's a part of me. It appears that I was born this way. As for my vision, I'll just continue to visualize, palm, be aware of the periphery, look at tiny details, and stop straining. I'm kind of starting to loose any attachment to any improvements. I'll just live my life as it is. If I go vegan, and all of those issues go away, then that's fine. If it doesn't, then that's OK too.
(09-13-2015, 03:30 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: But isn't the bates method just doing what people with normal vision do? ...

Yes and no.
With the Bates method you improve your inner awareness.
You get a bio-feedback method to relax your body and mind.
Your body and mind is connected.
It is your temple that should be beautiful and free.
People with normal vision do not have this extended ability,
beause it is only needed so forcefully in order to rebuild the vision.

Also only 1 person out of 500 persons actually have normal vision.
The rest is straining in some way or the other.

I understand you want to accept yourself.
The question is if you know who you Really are.
Maybe you should give it a chance and watch this video first:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crbBjYT2BZU
Might seem boring but it is about never accepting oneself as a total failure.
(09-14-2015, 08:42 AM)hammer Wrote:
(09-13-2015, 03:30 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: But isn't the bates method just doing what people with normal vision do? ...

Yes and no.
With the Bates method you improve your inner awareness.
You get a bio-feedback method to relax your body and mind.
Your body and mind is connected.
It is your temple that should be beautiful and free.
People with normal vision do not have this extended ability,
beause it is only needed so forcefully in order to rebuild the vision.

Also only 1 person out of 500 persons actually have normal vision.
The rest is straining in some way or the other.

I understand you want to accept yourself.
The question is if you know who you Really are.
Maybe you should give it a chance and watch this video first:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crbBjYT2BZU
Might seem boring but it is about never accepting oneself as a total failure.

Why is it that only 1/500 people have normal vision? Does that mean that most of society has somewhere around 20/30-20/40 vision? That's very interesting. I thought everyone without glasses had really good eyesight.
(09-14-2015, 04:40 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: I thought everyone without glasses had really good eyesight ? ...

No, that is not the case.

Most people are either near sighted or far sighted.
Bates himself was as you know farsighted and not nearsighted.

Almost all nearsighted people have problems to see at far distance.
It is enough to see just a little blurry and then you start straining.
But of course if you know about Bates method you can avoid straining.

For instance if you are slightly far sighted (you don't wear glasses then) the ciliary muscle must strain in order to get the image focused on the retina, because the eye was a bit shorter than intended. Thus you easily build up tensions in the eyes, and it will soon spread around the eyes as well,
and in fact many people complain about headaches and tired eyes nowadays.
That is because people use computers and very much near work all the time ... you know.

Another example:
My own father didn't need glasses,
and he even did the military service in the navy so he must have had good vision when he was young.
He quite frequently had headaches though
and he complained about that he saw a little bit blurry with the left eye while on the other hand the right eye was clear. So the difference in eyestrength caused some strain to him.
One time his vision collapsed and then everything in his visual field became a mess. He tried to see, but everything appeared like a nested mess to him,
and he got very afraid. On that occasion he laid down, closed his eyes and got some rest until next I think just next day.
I think he knew about the Bates and palmed also, he must have done this. After this fortunately his eyesight cured,
and I don't think he has experienced this vision mess more than once.
It shows how important it is for people with normal vision to relax.

My father told me once long ago that I should see just one point clearly all the time and move from poin to point.
It was obvious to him, and I think that he saw in my eyes that I didn't move my eyes like poeple with normal vision like him do.
He looks very relaxed in his eyes when he looks at things though, and that puzzles me a bit.
(09-15-2015, 11:40 AM)hammer Wrote:
(09-14-2015, 04:40 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: I thought everyone without glasses had really good eyesight ? ...

For instance if you are slightly far sighted (you don't wear glasses then) the ciliary muscle must strain in order to get the image focused on the retina, because the eye was a bit shorter than intended. Thus you easily build up tensions in the eyes, and it will soon spread around the eyes as well,
That is because people use computers and very much near work all the time ... you know.

Another example:
and he even did the military service in the navy so he must have had good vision when he was young.
and he complained about that he saw a little bit blurry with the left eye while on the other hand the right eye was clear. So the difference in eyestrength caused some strain to him.
One time his vision collapsed and then everything in his visual field became a mess. He tried to see, but everything appeared like a nested mess to him,
and he got very afraid. On that occasion he laid down, closed his eyes and got some rest until next I think just next day.
I think he knew about the Bates and palmed also, he must have done this. After this fortunately his eyesight cured,

My father told me once long ago that I should see just one point clearly all the time and move from poin to point.
It was obvious to him, and I think that he saw in my eyes that I didn't move my eyes like poeple with normal vision like him do.
He looks very relaxed in his eyes when he looks at things though, and that puzzles me a bit.

Hmm..... That does make a lot of sense. Sometimes, my firiends that don't have glasses aren't able to see stuff either. I would have a work sheet, and they would lean over with effort to copy down what I have. Perhaps they were slightly farsighted or nearsighted at that particular moment. But I understand the visual mess. This usually happens in the morning. When I walk to my bus stop, house lights appear like a massive blur. As the evening approaches, my vision gets better. In school, it's the worst, and I need to wear weaker glasses to see the board.

(09-15-2015, 11:40 AM)hammer Wrote:

Another example:

And yes, the point-to-point method worked for me for a while. However, I must have strained and it return to a foggy, messy blur.
(09-15-2015, 02:29 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: And yes, the point-to-point method worked for me for a while. However, I must have strained and it return to a foggy, messy blur.
A tip: First step is to be aware of the strain in your eye muscles.
When you close your Eyes (or even better palm) and visualize something ( e.g 3d text) you should be able to feel the dynamic relaxation in your eye muscles when you look from point-to-point, that is the effortless feeling.
(09-16-2015, 02:15 PM)hammer Wrote:
(09-15-2015, 02:29 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: And yes, the point-to-point method worked for me for a while. However, I must have strained and it return to a foggy, messy blur.
When you close your Eyes (or even better palm) and visualize something ( e.g 3d text) you should be able to feel the dynamic relaxation in your eye muscles when you look from point-to-point, that is the effortless feeling.

But I figured that most people don't have very optimal vision. If you look really closely at people's eyes, you can see that at times, they're not pointed in the same direction. This applies to people that don't wear glasses as well. But they see well enough to get by without glasses. There are even some people where one eye is physically larger than the other.

(09-17-2015, 03:15 AM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote:
(09-16-2015, 02:15 PM)hammer Wrote:

But I figured that most people don't have very optimal vision (20/10-20/20) most of the time. If you look really closely at people's eyes, you can see that at times, they're not pointed in the same direction. This applies to people that don't wear glasses as well. But they see well enough to get by without glasses. There are even some people where one eye is physically larger than the other.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now