MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
My progress and "sore eyes"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My progress and "sore eyes"
So I have been at natural eyesight again for about 2 months and I am making some slight progress which is great.

I have gotten a lot better at choosing to look in the distance at the smallest point I can see. Usually when I do this my vision clears. I have found though when I get this clear flash, or any clear flash it never sticks, I blink or look somewhere else and it goes away. I know that with the changing habits this should improve over time and have more frequent flashes.

I have also begun reading slower and more carefully. I have always been a fast reader and I believe its because of this reading style of mine my vision is bad. I read chunks of words and sections of paragraphs in a second. No wonder I cannot focus far away. I am so used to the big picture. Now I am trying to read letter by letter word by word. its slower and as I get used to it I do see improvement visually as well as my speed of reading, which is now about that of a five year old.

Something happened this morning that has happened before and I was curious if anyone else has experienced this. I wake up with strained sore eyes? First, how does that even happen? Second, what on earth can I do to let my eyes relax when I sleep? it took me all day to get them relaxed again.
(10-06-2015, 02:21 PM)fredrickhugo Wrote: it took me all day to get them relaxed again.
How did you do it?
How did you relax them again?
Dr. Bates wrote about people carrying the staring habit into the sleep state, then waking up with eyestrain. He recommended doing the Long Swing before bedtime to break up the stare, so your eyes will move naturally during sleep and you'll wake up with them rested and refreshed. Give this a try and let us know if it helps.
Yelaina,

I just had to keep doing my routine through out the day. Sunning, swinging, distance looking and breathing. Eventually I could feel my eyes and muscles relax and things became clearer again.

Thanks for the advice Nancy. I did that last night and today not as moticable strain in my eyes so I will keep doing it and let you know how it goes.
(10-06-2015, 04:48 PM)Nancy Wrote: Dr. Bates wrote about people carrying the staring habit into the sleep state, then waking up with eyestrain. He recommended doing the Long Swing before bedtime to break up the stare, so your eyes will move naturally during sleep and you'll wake up with them rested and refreshed. Give this a try and let us know if it helps.

That's what I wanted, I always wakeup with eyestrain and a little pain in eyes.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download