MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
What On Earth Do I Do?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What On Earth Do I Do?
Right now, I'm living in a place where I barely get sun. It rains and is overcast almost ALL the time. So sunning is a bit difficult to pull off.

Worst yet, my vision has just recently gotten so bad that I can't see without straining. Just a few months ago, my vision was at least a LITTLE better. Now I'm probably -2.5/-3 sadly.

Even worse than that, I DESPISE glasses. My social anxiety goes through the roof when I wear them. I don't want anyone to know I have them. I've heard that glasses don't improve vision anyway...

But the problem is, seeing without the glasses actually strains my eyes these days.

Will doing CONSTANT palming help me improve my vision? Fast enough so I can see fairly reasonably soon? (Because frankly, not wearing my glasses hurts, and I feel like my vision will get even worse if I'm not careful. I'm scared Sad )
feeling the same
Yes, but what do I possibly do about it? What actions can I take? Is palming (and sunning to a lesser extent) really going to work?
Try palming and see if you feel less strain afterwards, even if it's only a short session. I can't predict how you'll react, as everyone is different. There is clearly a lot of strain in your eyes and mind -- now you have to find what will reduce it. Exercise? Meditation? Yes, sunning might help. Notice times when you feel less strain, and do more of those activities.
I appreciate the reply, but this is no joke. How can I be sure of the legitimacy of this method? I have palmed for 2 weeks straight with no improvement yet... and I have two choices. If I am to commit to the Bates method, it'd better be worth the major time investment.

Choice A: Wearing Glasses/Contacts

Pros: Vision will be “corrected”

Cons: Vision will never be restored, and could theoretically only become worse with extended computer usage.

Choice B: Bates Method

Pros: Promises healing of vision

Cons: It is a MAJOR time investment. The time itself would be worth it, of course, IF I knew that this would actually work. Sadly, I have no proof that this works, as much as I wish I could believe in the method. More sources than not reject the method, as does the medicial community.

The promise of the Bates method is no joke: it promises restoration of my primary sense: the most beautiful sense of all: vision.

It is a pure evil thing that so much corruption can take place in the eye industry…and a form of sadness that vision can fade away. I lament the time I have spent on the computer without a sincere warning that it is likely the cause of my decayed vision- and life as I know it feels like a curse.

So it is at this point I need to make a life decision: do I devote my time to the Bates method, or accept the grim fate of glasses/contacts? The choice is contradictory and neither provides a concrete answer Sad.
The results are immediate so I don't think palming works for you. Try something else.
Hello,
I think one reason could be that you stare too much,
and that is why you have so much strain !
Try the long swing before you go to bed and in the morning.
I remember some link I learned from once ago, here it is:
http://integraleyesight.com/swing-your-w...er-vision/
You can tell if this works for you if your eyes become more relaxed in the morning.
If you strain during long swing you should Close your eyes for a while like she
described in the link above.
If your eyes seem/feel relaxed then you could take off your glasses for shorter periods. A tip is to wear the glasses on the head, so you easily can use them again if you need to do so or if your eyes gets strained.

If you still strain while not wearing glasses,
then you most likely have wrong visual habits.
What helps here is to look at details like David already have described.

Palming also helps, especially before going to bed.
You can palm to Music so it is not something boring.

You need to be consistent else you might not see the results.
(10-29-2015, 06:42 AM)Kabuto Wrote: Right now, I'm living in a place where I barely get sun. It rains and is overcast almost ALL the time. So sunning is a bit difficult to pull off.

I think cloudy days are best for improving vision actually.

Worst yet, my vision has just recently gotten so bad that I can't see without straining. Just a few months ago, my vision was at least a LITTLE better. Now I'm probably -2.5/-3 sadly.

I started from R-4/L-4.5 and recently got the corrective lenses restriction removed from my drivers license. You have an easier road than I did.

Even worse than that, I DESPISE glasses. My social anxiety goes through the roof when I wear them. I don't want anyone to know I have them. I've heard that glasses don't improve vision anyway...

But the problem is, seeing without the glasses actually strains my eyes these days.

When I was around -3 I'd ride in a friend's car and my eyes would tear up from the strain, even when I was using them in a relaxed manner. My eyes would tear up from being exposed to all that distance in front of me. That's okay. It means your eyes are trying to adjust their shape in the right direction. Just palm for 10-20 minutes when that type of strain happens to you. Then your eyes will tear up agaiin, then you palm again, etc.

Will doing CONSTANT palming help me improve my vision? Fast enough so I can see fairly reasonably soon? (Because frankly, not wearing my glasses hurts, and I feel like my vision will get even worse if I'm not careful. I'm scared Sad )

Palming should help you get down to -2 over several months. At that point your eyes won't be tearing up like now.
(12-14-2015, 10:08 AM)sleepmaster Wrote:
(10-29-2015, 06:42 AM)Kabuto Wrote: Right now, I'm living in a place where I barely get sun. It rains and is overcast almost ALL the time. So sunning is a bit difficult to pull off.

I think cloudy days are best for improving vision actually.

I started from R-4/L-4.5 and recently got the corrective lenses restriction removed from my drivers license. You have an easier road than I did.

When I was around -3 I'd ride in a friend's car and my eyes would tear up from the strain, even when I was using them in a relaxed manner. My eyes would tear up from being exposed to all that distance in front of me. That's okay. It means your eyes are trying to adjust their shape in the right direction. Just palm for 10-20 minutes when that type of strain happens to you. Then your eyes will tear up agaiin, then you palm again, etc.

Palming should help you get down to -2 over several months. At that point your eyes won't be tearing up like now.

If you suffer from stinging eyes then try blinking fast for 20 times,
and check if the stinging decreases.
By doing so you get more relaxed blinking afterwards as well,
and the cleansing of the eye improves.
It is not always possible to palm in all situations when the eyes are stinging,
but blinking like I described is at least often possible to do without anyone noticing it.
Also by doing so you check that your vision improvement is real and staying, and not was caused by just strained blinking.
If your eyes hurt for longer periods (in other words no temporary stinging) you should only do palming and no other Bates exercise for some time (just take a little break then).

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now