MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
How Long Is This Supposed To Take?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Long Is This Supposed To Take?
I've been practicing this for months now, and the improvement I've seen is not really noticeable. Some days, perhaps I do feel my eyesight is a "tiny" bit better, but then the next day I wake up, and my vision feels as blurry as it was when I started. I'm starting to wonder if I'm getting results at all. Also, on days I have to look in the distance, that even strains my eyes sometimes. Help?
(11-29-2015, 03:50 AM)Kabuto Wrote: I've been practicing this for months now, and the improvement I've seen is not really noticeable. Some days, perhaps I do feel my eyesight is a "tiny" bit better, but then the next day I wake up, and my vision feels as blurry as it was when I started. I'm starting to wonder if I'm getting results at all. Also, on days I have to look in the distance, that even strains my eyes sometimes. Help?

Hi Kabuto,
First of all. If you have a feeling that you are waiting for the results,
then you are doing it wrong. If you are mindful you don't wait, because you enjoy every effortless moment.

The answer to your question depends on several things:
1. The degree of farsightedness you were born with.
2. How long time you spent outdoors as a child.
3. How old you are.
4. How well you manage to go on without your glasses.
5. How fast you figure out what really improves your eyesight.
6. How much sugar you eat.
7. How much you long for mindfulness.
8. How good your memory is.

If you treat myopia at an early stage it will cure fast.
The best option is of course a preventative cure.
Myopia starts with pseudo-myopia, and it used to be around 1 diopter you could cut there.

However the ciliary muscle spasm gradually develops into axial myopia,
that is the eye grows longer.
The axial myopia is actually quite hard to get rid of, I would not say that it is impossible but you need to do everything right in order to succeed getting rid of it. The mainstream opinion is that it is not possible to cure the axial myopia.
However still there are a lot of people that actually has managed to cure it.

My tip is to relax your eyes, shoulders and breath right.
You relax with palming and eye arobics.
Then you look at distant objects. It is important to have done the relaxation excercises before you look at distant objects.
So then you maybe wonder why.
Yes, it is because you need to have healthy eye sockets.
When your eye sockets are healthy your accomodation will work naturally.
This accomodation will shorten your eye when the ciliar muscle relaxes.
Yeah, I see this that all the professionals don't.
You get it when you understand that accomodation is about the radius in the eye. Large radius means relaxed eye and it means shorter eye.
Small radius means tensed eye and it means prolonged eye.
When you use eyeglasses at near distance the radius is forced smaller,
and that forces the eye into axial myopia.

Do you guys get this reasoning.
It is due to this the myopia all over the world increases.

There is no magic here. Smile

"There is light around the corner"
I need to write something to direct people to who make posts here asking for help, saying it's not working, but don't go into any detail describing what they have been doing. Usually the question includes a mention that they have stopped wearing glasses as often, or they name a couple exercises, or they look into the distance often. And that's partly my fault. I need to make it easier for people to know what they need to do when they get stuck.

Heck, maybe Nancy has already written something on this too.

But hammer is also right - It's hard to tell what the problem is in any one case, only that there are several factors that are important.

I'm still in the outline and draft stages of a book, in the never-ending quest, filled with long gaps of inactivity, of trying to make this process clearer and more effective.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
David, I eagerly await that book! I think a lot of the reason it's so hard to explain this work simply is that people are so different. That's why having someone observe you is so helpful -- we often don't see our own habits, so we can't change them. Here's what I wrote about this over a year ago, as I get this question a LOT.

The most common question about vision improvement, and often about other kinds of healing too. What’s the rush? There is learning at every step on the path. http://www.iblindness.org/2069/how-long-will-it-take/
(12-03-2015, 06:31 PM)Nancy Wrote: David, I eagerly await that book! I think a lot of the reason it's so hard to explain this work simply is that people are so different. That's why having someone observe you is so helpful -- we often don't see our own habits, so we can't change them. Here's what I wrote about this over a year ago, as I get this question a LOT.

The most common question about vision improvement, and often about other kinds of healing too. What’s the rush? There is learning at every step on the path. http://www.iblindness.org/2069/how-long-will-it-take/

You mean that natural vision is my new life luxury. Smile
You maybe like to read this article also that I just happened to find about it:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/mindfulne...ine-c-oddo
Ha ha! She writes "What I have actually learned is that in order to boost my productivity, I really need to stop thinking about it so much." Well, replace "productivity" with "vision"!
(12-02-2015, 03:51 PM)hammer Wrote: The answer to your question depends on several things:
3. How old you are.

1. I doubt I was born with a high degree of nearsightedness because I have only had strong myopia in the last year and a half. I've had very mild myopia before then

2. Not a whole lot of time outdoors, sadly, but I did get out sometimes.

3. 25

4. I never use my glasses, but it's been getting difficult to get away with that in the last 8 months or so. Sadly, my attempts to improve my vision when I first heard about this actually made it worse. Many days, most things are blurry, and I hope to fix that soon.

5. I think I've mostly figured it out, but I'm still vague on a few details. I know that relaxation (via palming) and movement (via shifting/swinging) are the core details, but there are so many more questions I have. Where does outdoor light play a role in all this? I wish the details were much more spelled out about this, as opposed to being swept under the rug and contradicting.

6. Not a lot.

7. Very much, but I get frustrated

8. Pretty good.
(12-18-2015, 08:29 AM)Kabuto Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 03:51 PM)hammer Wrote: The answer to your question depends on several things:
3. How old you are.

1. I doubt I was born with a high degree of nearsightedness because I have only had strong myopia in the last year and a half. I've had very mild myopia before then

3. 25

4. I never use my glasses, but it's been getting difficult to get away with that in the last 8 months or so. Sadly, my attempts to improve my vision when I first heard about this actually made it worse. Many days, most things are blurry, and I hope to fix that soon.

5. I think I've mostly figured it out, but I'm still vague on a few details. I know that relaxation (via palming) and movement (via shifting/swinging) are the core details, but there are so many more questions I have. Where does outdoor light play a role in all this? I wish the details were much more spelled out about this, as opposed to being swept under the rug and contradicting.

6. Not a lot.

8. Pretty good.

You got myopic quite late compared to how old you are.
That increases your chances to cure faster than expected (maybe like Esther Joy van der Werf, Visions of Joy). You should maybe check out her website also.

One rule is that the time for you to cure is usually less than the time it took you to get myopic.

The outdoor light simply prevents the eye to grow longer (as a child),
and this means that you can cure faster (since the pseudo myopia is easier to cure).
(12-18-2015, 12:49 PM)hammer Wrote:
3. How old you are.

3. 25

6. Not a lot.

8. Pretty good.

That increases your chances to cure faster than expected (maybe like Esther Joy van der Werf, Visions of Joy). You should maybe check out her website also.

One rule is that the time for you to cure is usually less than the time it took you to get myopic.

and this means that you can cure faster (since the pseudo myopia is easier to cure).

I did get myopic quite late. So if the cure rate is faster, what would you suggest I do?
(12-18-2015, 11:02 PM)Kabuto Wrote:
(12-18-2015, 12:49 PM)hammer Wrote:
3. How old you are.

3. 25

6. Not a lot.

8. Pretty good.

I did get myopic quite late. So if the cure rate is faster, what would you suggest I do?

My "profile" is not the same as yours and thus my suggestions of course could be wrong.
But you need to be present in the moment.
Simply because then you suddenly can distinguish between tension and no tension in your body. Your goal should be to remove unnecessary tension.
I should have suggested palming, but you mentioned that palming didn't work that well for you unfortunately.
You can take the palming a step further with the Choa Kok Sui pranic healing and then see if this makes your vision improve when looking at details at far distance.
Myopia is actually a disturbance in the energy field.
If you restore the energy field around the eyes the eyesight should improve.
The aim of this is to learn how your eyes should feel when they are relaxed.
Then you can go on with the Davids method for instance.
You can check out this pranic healing video (4:30 and onwards):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV-32YqTGUA
I also really must share this wonderful healing video. So you understand that there are people that take this seriously. Energy fields is not a joke:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqzV0Gecwsg

So be present, there are lots of possibilities around you !

Imagination and visualisation is also very effective.
For instance I can close my eyes and see beutiful details.
When I close my eyes and imagine details at far distance I get a very relaxed feeling.
Thus what I should get to is that I think you need to be present in your imagination/visualisation also.
Paying attention to how you use your eyes, and its effects on your vision, in my opinion is much more important than things like palming. It's like getting daily back massages when all day long you sit and stand with bad posture.

I think I, and maybe others, get tired of responding to questions because we see the same thing over and over again here. Newer members say they've been palming and going without glasses for a while and ask for help because it isn't working. But they give no indication they've been working on understanding the problem, such as how they are moving their eyes and attention, what makes their eyes feel worse or their vision get worse, what they might be doing differently when their vision gets temporarily better, what happens if they try to see each point they look at or if they keep quickly moving their attention around, or what amount they should be trying to be interested in what they are looking at without trying too hard to see and straining their eyes.

Why is that? Is it our low attention span culture where anything that can't be explained in a couple sentences is too much trouble? Or do people not believe that how they think about what they're seeing has such an effect on their visual process and that their vision will improve as a result? Or do they find more info instructing them to palm and stop wearing glasses and haven't come across any ideas like the above? Or are the ideas communicated poorly?

Some things you can see benefits from by repeating a routine. You more or less get incremental improvements from it. Exercise is one of them. Vision improvement isn't.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
(12-20-2015, 02:19 PM)David Wrote: Paying attention to how you use your eyes, and its effects on your vision, in my opinion is much more important than things like palming. It's like getting daily back massages when all day long you sit and stand with bad posture.

I think I, and maybe others, get tired of responding to questions because we see the same thing over and over again here. Newer members say they've been palming and going without glasses for a while and ask for help because it isn't working. But they give no indication they've been working on understanding the problem, such as how they are moving their eyes and attention, what makes their eyes feel worse or their vision get worse, what they might be doing differently when their vision gets temporarily better, what happens if they try to see each point they look at or if they keep quickly moving their attention around, or what amount they should be trying to be interested in what they are looking at without trying too hard to see and straining their eyes.

Why is that? Is it our low attention span culture where anything that can't be explained in a couple sentences is too much trouble? Or do people not believe that how they think about what they're seeing has such an effect on their visual process and that their vision will improve as a result? Or do they find more info instructing them to palm and stop wearing glasses and haven't come across any ideas like the above? Or are the ideas communicated poorly?

Some things you can see benefits from by repeating a routine. You more or less get incremental improvements from it. Exercise is one of them. Vision improvement isn't.

I would say that if people are told that they don't need to understand what they are doing with their eyes, then they simply can't express what they are doing right or wrong. They don't approach Bates with an intention that they should understand everything and thus they cannot explain what they are doing right or wrong either. They don't assume to give any feedback. They assume that they get detailed instructions that leads them how to do things.
I should say it is an interactive problem here. Depending on the situation you get several choices at the choice of path, and once selected a choice you find a bunch of new decisions to make.

So newbies might end up in a situation that they really can't explain and they might get frustrated instead of more relaxed.
Some gets in catch-22 deadlocks like Kabuto, for instance "to find my normal visual habits, I need my inner relaxed awareness".

One advice to handle this is to mention what the aim is with an instruction.
That starts creatvity and also people can easier see what their next step would be.
It is difficult for many to find the information to cure their vision, when a lot of misinformation spreads around the internet and I've done things that "worsen" my vision instead of improving it, such as trying to stare and focus into the distance. Thus, I, and many others are left with many questions/frustrations and few answers/solutions. Thus, many of us result to trial and error, which isn't the best way to go about this when vision is a very fragile thing.

I know that the works of Dr. Bates exist, but one must keep in mind that Bates was someone who existed around the 20s, almost a century before computers/tablets and modern life- a way of life that often perpetuates bad vision habits. Thus, I find that there is an extraordinarily little amount of relevant information to find. More importantly, the information that is there is buried alongside bad advice. And thus, I question whether vision improvement is even possible or if it is a futile effort. Of course I end up frustrated- my time is a valuable asset and I feel like I'm wasting it.

So, I'm left with many questions:

1) Are reduced prescription lens necessary? I've heard a mix of answers saying that one should get reduced lenses or one should use their naked eye.

2) Just how often should we blink? I notice that motion of the eyes incur blinking, but I'm not sure how often we should use our eyes. There are times that motion feels great, and others where motion feels forced. It's extraordinarily difficult to tell the difference

3) How often should we look into the distance, especially when we already have a fair amount of myopia? Is it healthy to remain in the distance a fair amount, or should we be moving back and forth from close to distance at extraordinarily rapid rates? Again, it is very difficult to tell whether distance vision is healthy or very detrimental.

4) How often do we need to go outside? This is a big one for me because I'm definitely a homebody....is there a way to do a lot of this improvement indoors?
is there a way to do a lot of this improvement indoors?

Not that I know of...
(12-23-2015, 02:26 AM)Kabuto Wrote: ...
So, I'm left with many questions:

1) Are reduced prescription lens necessary? I've heard a mix of answers saying that one should get reduced lenses or one should use their naked eye.
Hammer: There is no rule here. It depends on what kind of situation you are in. The naked eye is better because you get more bio-feedback out of it. The reduced prescription lens might on the other hand relax the eye when you really need to read lots of information (where blur only would tense the eye).
If you are outdoors a lot with lots of sun I should go for the naked eye.

2) Just how often should we blink? I notice that motion of the eyes incur blinking, but I'm not sure how often we should use our eyes. There are times that motion feels great, and others where motion feels forced. It's extraordinarily difficult to tell the difference
Hammer:
The blinking should be soft, very relaxed, automatic, closing the eyes just very slightly like a butterfly that is flying.
Try blinking fast for 20 times and after this your natural blinking should come automatically. Try pointing your eyes in several directions (often outwards looking at the periphery) and notice in every direction if your blinking seem to cleanse and moisture the eyes in the right way. If not you should blink several times while still pointing your eyes in that direction. Also notice that there is a slight improvement in clarity after you have blinked repeatedly.
You should definitely not do any strained hard blinking, that is creating more blur in the long run.

3) How often should we look into the distance, especially when we already have a fair amount of myopia?
Hammer:
It depends on what you are looking at. Are you looking at details of blur, then it is okay to look as long as you like at far distance. It doesn't strain your eyes. Do you really need to read text at far distance and have trouble reading it due to the blur, well, use your glasses, the blur in this case would strain your eyes too much in this case.
Is it healthy to remain in the distance a fair amount, or should we be movingback and forth from close to distance at extraordinarily rapid rates?
Hammer:
Moving back and forth from close to distance very rapidly is quite meaningless. You might see a slight improvement, but that is it.
You should of course look at different distances though, but you need to take your time to notice each point clearly.
Again, it is very difficult to tell whether distance vision is healthy or very detrimental.
Hammer:
Distance vision is associated with a mental sort of feeling. You know in advance if the distance vision will bring you into more relaxation or just cause you more strain. You need to distinguish between this and make the right flexible adaptations here, it is possible if you are present in the moment mentally.

4) How often do we need to go outside?
Hammer:
Hmm, well you can very well look out of the window also, just sitting in a chair.
This is a big one for me because I'm definitely a homebody....is there a way to do a lot of this improvement indoors?
Hammer:
You can do a lot of Bates training in front of the computer. I do this.
But, I get better result when I am outdoors of course.
I know I should take a walk outside in the morning every day.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download