MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Eye Pain

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eye Pain
Hey all,

I'm trying to improve my vision, primarily through shifting & palming.

But here's the problem- my vision is so damaged that my eyes are literally in pain. And I'm not wearing my glasses.

The huge problem is that everyone is giving me mixed signals- and society would tell me to wear my glasses if I were to go to the doctor.

What on Earth can I do to reduce pain and improve my vision? I thought that shifting and palming would work, but even glancing at the distance is painful Sad.

Please help!
Hey Kabuto :)

Eye pain is because of straining so relax as far as that is possible. I am not sure if you are seeing improvements (clear flashes) but even if you don't it is very well possible that you are improving.

It might be that your relaxation is very brief so you don't consciously see a change. I assume that you are using the techniques the right way so I guess that this is a good sign. The reason it probably hurts is because for a short time you are free of strain so if it comes back your brain feels it. It is like a clock ticking that you are not thinking of and loosing the noise but if you pay attention again you hear it again.

I am not sure about this but for me personally the Bates techniques helped me to get a short release of tension but it turned back. The way I see it is that we are using the Bates techniques to get in a relaxed state for a short time and to use that state to use our mind differently because the mind controls the eyes. I am personally using memory and imagination to improve my vision and conscious shifting to get my eyes working better using central vision. It seems very promising and even though I still feel the strain too it seems that my mind starts to work more properly and that after a few days after starting this new way of doing things

You might want to have a look at it: http://cleareyesight-batesmethod.info/na.../id64.html
(12-08-2015, 10:10 AM)Martin Kleiner Wrote: Hey Kabuto Smile

Eye pain is because of straining so relax as far as that is possible. I am not sure if you are seeing improvements (clear flashes) but even if you don't it is very well possible that you are improving.

It might be that your relaxation is very brief so you don't consciously see a change. I assume that you are using the techniques the right way so I guess that this is a good sign. The reason it probably hurts is because for a short time you are free of strain so if it comes back your brain feels it. It is like a clock ticking that you are not thinking of and loosing the noise but if you pay attention again you hear it again.

I am not sure about this but for me personally the Bates techniques helped me to get a short release of tension but it turned back. The way I see it is that we are using the Bates techniques to get in a relaxed state for a short time and to use that state to use our mind differently because the mind controls the eyes. I am personally using memory and imagination to improve my vision and conscious shifting to get my eyes working better using central vision. It seems very promising and even though I still feel the strain too it seems that my mind starts to work more properly and that after a few days after starting this new way of doing things

You might want to have a look at it: http://cleareyesight-batesmethod.info/na.../id64.html

Thanks for the thoughtful reply. It's hard to tell if I'm making improvements or not, though I feel like sometimes the clear flashes occur. I feel like the palming is relaxing, but the shifting strains, especially since I don't wear my glasses. (So therefore, I'm seeing things out of my range....)
Well that sounds as if you are already making great progress :)

The most important thing is to be as relaxed as possible and that at all times. If the shifting strains don't do it now. I have had the same "problem" with shifting. Even though I got clear flashes there was no point in keep doing them because they were exhausting.

I think that most people give up because they try something and it doesn't work the way they hope to. If I would have to start over again with what I know now I would start by trying different things and if I don't get results leave them and try them later again.

Get yourself the free PDF: http://www.visionsofjoy.org/pdfs/BatesPe...ightWG.pdf
And have a look at the different ways of doing things. I found it very difficult at first to understand how some exercises worked because I couldn't relate to them.

The long swing was always hard to understand for me. Now after about 5 months and several thousand clear flashes of which 99% were created through using my eyes the wrong way I am where I need to be. I tried the long swing today and I started to understand why this exercise is so great.

I have had some really nice subconscious shifting today and that is exactly what everyone that is into vision improvement has to get to. You can either produce these shifts through conscious shifting or through imagination/memory/relaxation. All of those three depend on each other so if one works all work :)

The reason why this is is because your eyes are just doing what your mind tells them. The image that is in your mind is blurred because your mind makes it blurred and once it is clear the eyes relax. The more relaxed they are the more they can shift and perform the saccades.

The only way to see clearly is to relax as much as possible and to get into the right track mentally. The way I see it is that myopic people are myopic because of strain that we are not aware of. Once we try to improve it may happen that we strain even more to see. I have had that and it doesn't necessarily help to "try to see".

How exactly this works I can't tell you because I am not there entirely yet and it is also very hard to describe but I would encourage you to think about an object right now for example a ball.
It doesn't matter if it is blurred right now the main thing is that you see it in your minds eye. Once you do that you will realise that the place you see and imagine is not in front of your eyes but in your head. This means that you need to disconnect your eyes from your visual impression and once you do that it is about trying to imagine the objects you see clearly in your mind in a way that you see them clear without imagining them consciously (like the ball) but using the subconscious imagination to seethe image better in your visual field. It has to come to you and you take it in the most clear and colourful way possible.

I hope this helps a little bit and if there are still questions ask :)
I like everything Martin said. Keep it simple -- don't over-think this. If you feel strain, stop doing that activity. Even if it's a supposed good thing like shifting, doing it in a straining way is not helping you.

If glancing in the distance is painful, you're doing it in a straining way, so do that as little as possible until you can look in a more relaxed way. If palming feels relaxing, do as much of that as you can fit in. Have fun with this, don't make it a struggle for yourself.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now