MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
GABA supplement experience

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GABA supplement experience
Hi, I just want to share a little of my story on Bates method.

I think I have been following Bates method almost 2 years now, not really sure.
When I started the exercise, both of my eyes were -4.5. After doing Bates method of winkling and palming, in 10 days time my vision improved to -4.0. I was so amazed at the result. However, the recovery becomes slower and slower, sometimes no improvement at all for a few month. It is a bit discourage as all my friend and family think Bates would never work. However, I persisted to do these exercise whenever I am free. 
   I haven't been wearing glasses since I started Bates method. I think I am about -2 now. However, I gets a lot of clear flashes now and then. I once tried on a -1 glasses on, the glasses just hurts my eyes, so I took off and never wore another glasses.

I once posted a palming exercise in Sauna room, looking back, I think the effect is very limited.

One of the member on the forum mentioned Egoscue method, tried it and loved it, it actually healed my back pain and neck pain. To a certain degree it helped with the relaxation of the muscle however, it also has limitation to the relaxation of the eyes.

Recently I read a book called "Mood Cure" helping people to bring their mood back through food and nutritional supplement. I came across a Amino Acid called GABA(Gamma Amino Butyric Acid), the purpose of the supplement is to help one to relax. Anyway, I tried the supplement and loved it as it helped to to calm down in stressful situation. I never though it would help my eyes. However, one day while I was driving I took one tables of 500mg. After 5~10 minutes, clear flashes from the eyes appeared. I didn't think it was GABA at first, as I thought it could be the sunlight or something. However, after taking GABA for 3 weeks now, I realise every time I take GABA, it just helps my eye muscle to relax more(actually all my muscle would be more relax). I found this to be very exciting. This is because GABA actually in a way to enhance the Bates Method that I am doing everyday.

I am getting very lazy for the past year. I only focus on winking my eyes every time I feel strain on my eyes. I don't do a lot of palming. maybe once every 2 weeks. I adjusted the text size on my iPhone to the minimum. I move a lot of my eyes. I don't do the swing exercise or looking into the sun exercise anymore. However, I could feel my eye muscle straining or not after one year of exercise. So whenever I feel straining in my eyes, I would wink.

Sometimes I could feel that the eye muscle all the way to the top right atmosphere of my skull. After taking GABA, when clear flashes happen, I could feel this muscle twitching in a relax way.

Anyway, I hope this post would help those doing Bates method but find themselves stuck at sometime. Don't give up, the Bates method do work.
Thanks for sharing!

I found this article about it. The author is critical of the claims made about it, but he did try it and had a possible positive effect.
http://www.denvernaturopathic.com/news/GABA.html

Let us know how it goes if you continue to use it.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now