MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Question about shifting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about shifting
Hi

Usually or now my vision is
(2/10)f and with shifting in a minute i can make it to (2/4)f.When i shift i feel sleepy like my eye lids are little bit closer
and my eyes feels in strange way and i can not keep vision (2/4)f for long unless i shift from letter to letter on my chart but soon as i moved away from chart my vision goes to usual .

My question is this possible if you do shifting correctly or is just another way of squint?

Thanks for any information
Shifting if done correctly, is not squint.  If you are getting improved vision, that's great, keep it up.  Remember that you are re-training your eyes to see naturally again, and it will take a lot of time and commitment for the habits to become unconscious.  You are not supposed to be permanently improved after one or two sessions - it may take days, weeks, months of practising.  You will start to get clear flashes randomly when not practising, and then you will know that the commitment is paying off. 

Ensure your eyes are fully open, relaxed and shifting easily from letter to letter, while blinking easily and normally every 3 - 5 seconds.  As you shift, you should notice that the preceeding letter is now seen worse, or that you are less aware of it.  If you can see it with the same clarity or awareness as the next letter you are directly regarding, then shift two or three or more letters until you see the previous one worse. 
Hi K,

Consciously shifting your eyes is a strain. At first it is necessary to do this strain in order to retrain your visual habits. Everything new is a strain at first. Think about how much of a strain it is the first time you go to the gym, or learn to ride a bike. With practice, you will discover how you are straining to shift and gradually learn to shift with less and less effort until the shifting becomes spontaneous. That means you will be shifting without being conscious of it. The only way you'll know you're doing it is by seeing the universal swing all the time and by seeing clearer.

A person with normal vision doesn't think about shifting, he or she thinks about moving attention. The rest is automatic.
Well said Robert.  And that's why I set aside training time to work on Bates methods, when this type of straining is unavoidable for awhile, separate from my usual experience of vision when I try to relax and just notice what I see. 

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download