MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Hello, I could use some advice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, I could use some advice
Hello,

my name is Jarek. I'm 32 years old and I live in Poland. This year (2016), on January, I got my first prescription (-1 spherical / -1 cylindrical). I've been playing computer games for hours a day and I think that's the main reason for my poor eyesight. However, I had some stressful health issues as well, which could also contribute towards my bad vision. Furthermore, for about two months now I'm experiencing slightly double vision, which really worries me.

I don't wear glasses. However, there are times when I wish I didn't know about this whole Bates method and just get used to wearing glasses.

I have slim hope that my eyesight can naturally improve, but probably not on its own. So, any guidance would be highly appreciated. What should I do, read or think in order to improve my vision ?
Welcome, Jarek!

Why do you have not much hope?

If you expect that you can't improve your vision, everything you come across and experience will seem to confirm your suspicion.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
(09-02-2016, 11:36 AM)Shade Wrote: Hello,

my name is Jarek. I'm 32 years old and I live in Poland. This year (2016), on January, I got my first prescription (-1 spherical / -1 cylindrical). I've been playing computer games for hours a day and I think that's the main reason for my poor eyesight. However, I had some stressful health issues as well, which could also contribute towards my bad vision. Furthermore, for about two months now I'm experiencing slightly double vision, which really worries me.

I don't wear glasses. However, there are times when I wish I didn't know about this whole Bates method and just get used to wearing glasses.

I have slim hope that my eyesight can naturally improve, but probably not on its own. So, any guidance would be highly appreciated. What should I do, read or think in order to improve my vision ?

Ha!  Good saying, I have many times had same thought - wish I didn't know about Bates.   Damn him for discovering ways to help us out of myopia and other eye problems! If it wasn't for many clear flashes  I would have quit many times.  More people than you think have same feeling.  

Your instincts are very good, you should probably listen to them more.   We get used to ignoring our own instincts and never get anywhere, stay stuck.   Get off the computer games, they won't help you for anything.   Learn to enjoy other activities where you move, and you eyes focus different changing distance.   You are so right, it won't improve on it's own.   You have to make changes, and habits won't change until you take time and care to change them.
(09-04-2016, 08:23 PM)David Wrote: Why do you have not much hope?
Partially, it's because in my family almost everyone has some type of vision problem. Yet, nobody but me seem to believe in natural vision improvement.
What's more, I became extra aware of who is wearing glasses around me and who is not. There are so many faces with glasses on tv or on the street (not counting contact lenses). "Is there really a way to cure eyes naturally ?" - my mind keeps asking. "What about all these people around me, haven't they tried to regain their eyesight ? How am I any different from them ?" Then I begin to think that most of them probably haven't even considered any other way than glasses. Most of them haven't heard of the Bates Method. Yet, I can't even share with anybody what I think I know. Not before I cured my own eyes. I have to test it and know for sure. Then, who knows, maybe I will start teaching myself Rolleyes

There is so much information on the Bates method online that I feel overwhelmed by it and don't really know what specifically am I supposed to do on a daily basis in order to regain my clear vision. I don't know, I hope for some kind of a course, a step by step plan.

@Jodice
Thanks for your reply also and congrats on your clear flashes Smile  You must be on the right path. I wonder what do you practice everyday.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now