MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Eyes go free to separate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eyes go free to separate
I spent a good deal of time during the first part of the year searching the internet for information on ways to improve the eyesight.The vast bulk of the sites i visited were related to the Bates Method.On one occasion I accidentally arrived on a site ,although it was not a vision site,that contained a littlle gem of advice on how to relax the eyes.The site was devoted to something called the Alexander Technique,something i had never heard off,and had no idea of what it was about. However according to what i read on the page that i had arrived at ,one of the (deceased) top practitioners of the Alexander Technique,had a command to give to the eyes,to help them relax and her command was ,"Eyes go free to separate".                           As soon as I read her command, i understood exactly what she was saying,for it was so obvious.Everyone knows that the eyes operate in tandem.If the right eye looks up,then the left eye must also look up.If the left eye looks down,then the right eye  must also look down,it has no choice.All of this is so obvious that it seems silly to write about it.But when i thought of the intent of her command ,it became clear to me what she was getting at.Her thought was to relaxs the eyes by separating them.Of course we can't in really separate the eyes,but we can in our imagination.                                                                               As soon as i had finished reading the article,i sat in my easy chair,lay back and closed my eyes.I then imagined that my eyes had separated.I imagined my left eye was in a slight looking up position but was not looking at nor trying to focus on anything,and had shut down completely ,and was not in any way connected to the right eye,and was totally unconcerned with what the right eye was doing.I then imagined that the right eye was in a slight looking down position but not looking at ,nor focusing on anything,and was completely shut down ,and was not connected to the left eye in anyway,and was totally unconcerned with what the left eye was doing.Almost immediatley,i began to feel a release of tension in the area between my eyes and a wonderful feeling at the inner side of both eyes.As i sat there the tension continued to be released,till it started affecting my sinus area.I felt my sinus area begin to open up and clear. This experiment showed me, that eye problems not only cause tension in the eyes, but also affect the surrounding facial areas.(When i was in the habit of wearing reading glasses,the  facial areas around my eyes were continually puffed up.)                                                                                                                                             So not only did i get a relaxation of the eyes by the experiment but also a bit of relief in my sinus area.If you try the "Eyes Go Free To Separate" method be warn that it my cause you to doze off,for thats what happens to me  almost every time.     blackspot.                                                                                                                                                                                         
Hello Blackspot,

I read your post and figured out if this helps me, I imagined that my eyes were seperate and a tension formed in my forehead and some were starting to happen in my sinus areas. But I suddenly remembered the quote by Dr Bates, which stated that one gets myopic when tries to imagine the impossible. For example, if a 25 years old imagines that he is 24 or 26 he will get myopic. Telling a lie can make one myopic, because it is difficult to imagine something that does not exist in reality.
Imagining eyes seperate is something impossible, and it may cause one to strain more. I personally think that my vision got worse after doing the experiment. One should let the mind to imagine real things, not force the mind to imagine the impossible.

Any comments?
Elias,

I think Blackspot left a while ago, but I'll try to answer anyway.

I don't think I can completely reconcile the issue for you. Today I was doing a meditation where I imagined the energy in my body rising from my feet, all the way up and out the top of my head, towards a vortex of energy above me, and then 5 minutes into that imagining that I was rising up and being that energy above me. I felt the energy within me going through my energy centers and up and out my body, and even the sense of being above my body and at a higher vibrational state. I can't say how much of it was "real", and yet it had the desired effect.

It's also like when you imagine the letters on the eye chart to be moving, or anything else to be moving, which Bates constantly suggested - it isn't actually what's going on, but the sense that it is true serves the purpose.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Thanks Dave,

I think that there must be a way to tell the type of imaginations which are relaxing and the types which cause strain, it is difficult to tell, I think.

By doing the eyes go free to separate exercise, I thought I strained, and my vision lowered aferwards, but I am not so sure afterall.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now