MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
I can't seem to locate the actual Bates Method EXERCISES...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't seem to locate the actual Bates Method EXERCISES...
Hi, all.  I'm new here.  I posted a self-introduction yesterday, but it still hasn't appeared...  I tried.

I've been thrashing about online, finding lots of information about The Bates Method, but I cannot find the actual exercises.

Can someone direct me to a good, clear online source that describes the EXERCISES/METHODS in detail, and explains how to perform them?

Thanks
(06-02-2017, 04:17 PM)okay Wrote: Hi, all.  I'm new here.  I posted a self-introduction yesterday, but it still hasn't appeared...  I tried.

I've been thrashing about online, finding lots of information about The Bates Method, but I cannot find the actual exercises.

Can someone direct me to a good, clear online source that describes the EXERCISES/METHODS in detail, and explains how to perform them?

Thanks

Hi okay, and welcome. The Bates Method is not so much about eye exercises as about learning to use your eyes and visual brain in a more healthy way. The exercises encourage relaxation, looking at one point at a time instead of swallowing the whole view in a gulp, moving the gaze instead of staring, etc. It's not about beefing up your muscles, like going to the vision gym! This post of mine might help get you started: https://www.iblindness.org/3672/why-dont...rk-for-me/.
Thanks for your reply and the link, Nancy.  I agree with your suggestions.  That's the approach I'm taking to The Bates Method.  Yesterday I ordered a copy of The Bates Method, Better Eyesight Without Glasses.  Hopefully I'll find the actual exercises/methods in there.

Also, I'm nearly finished reading a .PDF of Harry Benjamin's Better Eyesight Without Glasses (c.1929), which is directly based on the Bates Method, but augments it with exercise and diet (which seems right to me).  Benjamin explains four Bates methods. 

Please see my next post entitled "Pizza Vision" for a better understanding of my situation.
URL: https://www.iblindness.org/forum/t-Pizza-Vision

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now