MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Help plz!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help plz!
Hello all I'm new here.  I have bad eyesight but I won't say how many diopters and I'm not sure where to start to improve my eyesight.  Can someone give me a list of recommended eye exercises to do so I can improve my eyesight in the best way possible?  I need it ASAP

thanks
Search bates method on google, or you can search through these forums where there are  many situations similar to yours.

Maybe someone should sum up the bates method and sticky it somewhere so people looking for exercises or improvements can just skim through that thread.
Principles:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iblindness.org/intro/principles.html">http://www.iblindness.org/intro/principles.html</a><!-- m -->
There is also his book online too
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iblindness.org/books/bates/">http://www.iblindness.org/books/bates/</a><!-- m -->

Focus on wearing your glasses as little as possible, and palming, swinging, sunning, sketching.  Do not strain, do not squint, just relax and let the improvement come.  Depending on how long you wore glasses, improvement may be slightly delayed.  If your eyesight is as bad as it is, you should see quite some improvement.  Use the eyechart to gauge your progress. 
And read the book!  What I said is nothing compared to the book.  If you're too lazy to read it, don't even bother with these techniques.

Good luck my friend,

Paul
Dang it I was hoping for someone to give me a short list of exercises because I don't like to read the bates book because it's too long and I hate doing close work, because I dont want my sight to get worse.  Thanks anyways though
Otter Wrote:Dang it I was hoping for someone to give me a short list of exercises because I don't like to read the bates book because it's too long and I hate doing close work, because I dont want my sight to get worse.  Thanks anyways though

Hi Otter,

One of the many important things Bates says is that things like reading and close work is not a strain in itself and it actually can be relaxing and good for your eyes. I also sugget dedicating some time to reading his material because it is as direct to the source as you can get. I am considering rereading the book available online here on the iblindness website to better understand what Bates is saying.

I hope you find great improvement with Bates!
Do other eye exercises-like chinese exercises and yoga-work?
Also, how do I know that you guys are not lying and making up stories of your successes?  How do I know that Bates is not lying and making up stuff with a lot of words?
I order to make such accusations you must ask the following questions:
1.  Why would Bates lie?  What does he have to gain?
2.  Why would we lie?  What do we have to gain? 

I'd like you to answer those questions yourself, good luck.

PS: if you think Bates is pulling ideas out of a hat, I'd like to invite you to read his book where he addresses many scientific experiments that led him to his conclusions.
Otter,

There's no way you're going to improve your vision unless you visit an experienced teacher of the Bates method. By your posts in this and other threads, I have to say that you aren't currently capable of the dedication and patience this requires to do it on your own. You won't even read an introductory article about it, much less a book, and a short list of exercises is not going to help you.

See here for a directory of teachers:
http://www.iblindness.org/teacherassns.html

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now