MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Relaxing eyes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relaxing eyes
I heard from Bates book or someone on this forum that relaxing the eyes will help improve eyesight.  What if i do eye exercises such as this one?: 

tighten muscles, take deep breathe, and close eyes as hard as you can for 10 seconds.  Then relax muscles and exhale and open eyes.

Will this help me improve my eyesight?
I'm sorry that I post a lot.  I have lots of questions but forget to put them all on here.  Does nutrition and normal exercise(weight lifting, jogging, sprinting, etc..) help you improve you eyesight.  Let me know plz.

Thanks
Otter,

Before you start making up your own methods, it's best to start with those in the Bates method, which have been time-tested over the last 80 years.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Actually this technique was used by Martin Sussman, and it produced clear flashes in most people.
You inhale, close and tighten your eyes as much as you can for ~5secs, and then open as wide as you can and exhale.  However, this technique alone cannot guarantee you improvement, and it was never meant to be used for more than 2 minutes.

Paul
I just found some useful information about relaxing ...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4BDvF1K85w">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4BDvF1K85w</a><!-- m -->
Turt Wrote:I just found some useful information about relaxing ...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4BDvF1K85w">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4BDvF1K85w</a><!-- m -->

Every day, I search video.google.com for "Bates method", so I had seen that.  But I would like to see a video of someone with good eyesight doing the long swing.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download