MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Re: HELP Headaches, Miagrains

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: HELP Headaches, Miagrains
I see a little bit of vision improvement in my eyes now but I'm getting headaches and miagrains from it.
What are you doing that you believe causes the headaches? We can help if we know more information about what you're doing.
I've had a few bouts of headaches, one that lasted a week.  For me, I've always come out of it with another layer of tension released, and enhanced natural vision.  I've taken the approach that it's due to tension release and not retention. 
Blinking :-\
I've never had a single headache while spending time doing the method (palming, swinging, eyechart practice, etc) even though some people report getting headaches. Here are four guesses on why this may be so:

1. I'm a low myope
2. I'm not straining enough to produce a headache
3. Headaches occur more frequently when people experience very large, sudden changes in visual acuity (i.e. -8D to 0D)  [uneducated guess]
4. Headaches are a biological response that varies from individual to individual

adjustedrace, you might be blinking too hard and straining. That's my best guess.

I'd like to ask fellow Batesans this question: Have you ever experienced headaches from doing one of the techniques?
My headaches were actually relieved when I started working the Bates method.  I find palming to be the best technique to relieve headaches. 
I agree with Spock, large changes of VA can cause headaches.  When I was younger and losing my eyesight, I experienced headaches that seemed to be pain just behind the eye..usually in those days my eyesight was poorer than usual.

Can you describe the headache a little more?  Is it just behind your eyes, or at what location is it?  Is it on one side only?  Does it pulsate?  What time of day do you usually get them?  Does the headache go away while you're palming?
My headaches were relieved too when first starting the method. I used to get migraines every other day after work and once I learned how to do the shift and notice oppositional movement (swing) and move my head along with where my eyes were going instead of darting my eyes around, my headaches went away permanently.
I know this is an old post but seriously I get this! Headaches that last days and my head keeps cracking like it has lots of knots in it. I feel compelled to move it side to side to release the cracks/tension. It's a bit like the cracks/knots when getting a massage done. I seem to get it in episodes connecting to jumps in vision improvement. I remember I got it a lot when I first started the bates method. I didn't get it again for a long time until recently when I have had various jumps of vision improvement again. I suppose when I first started I had twenty years of high myopia tension to release. Anybody else experienced this?
Years of neck tension releasing.
place hot water into a cup. Add alot of epsom salts.
Mix til diluted and warm. Splash it on the neck, shoulders, collarbvones, chest.

The long swing, figure eight loosens up the neck but people state it causes soarness; start with less siwings and build up when comfortable.

For migraines; avoid MSG, Nitrites, Sulfites.
Thank you Clark Night. I had a bath with epsom salts tonight and it was nice although maybe that was a waste of the salts. I have never used epsom salts before and think that is a good addition for the pursuit of health.

What do you mean by the figure eight?

Yes, I try and avoid MSG. Nitrites and sulfites aren't too hot either. I should really drink water I suppose too and lay off all the coffee. I think Bates suggested people to drink plenty of water in the Better Eyesight Magazines.

The pain is usually in the back of my head and it can be really bad! It seems to have cleared up again though. It is interesting that you say it is tension from the neck from all these years of wearing glasses. I suppose the tension has to go somewhere when we wear glasses and it has been suppressed all this time.
CVS epsom cream really helped heal my neck but it has chemicals that cause health problems; parabens... Trying to learn how to make cream myself so dont have to always use in the bath.

Figure eight; drawing a 8 sideways. In the air with eyes, nosefeather, hand... Many diff ways. Also called infinity swing. Popular by Janet goodrich, Thomas Quackenbush.
Go up the middle and to the left < first to keep the brain hemispheres balanced.
http://www.cleareyesight.info/id10.html

Yes water. I have a terrible addiction to sodas. I feel like such a weakling! A Bible recipe uses some salt organic, sea salt and lots of water. Have be careful with it but done right heals alot of things. I used, blind guy gave it to me. Works.

A student recently contated me; many years glasses, doing long swing for hour and stopping glasses; next day extreme soar neck, head... Then it cleared up. She is still doing the swings but less; working up to more slowly.

Computer posture is a cause of shoulder, neck tension. The glasses also cause shoulder tension and it travels to the neck.
I know how you guys feel. I also decided to stop the coffee and the cola, since I just depended on them for the caffeine. 'I feel like such a weakling!' Had headaches in the first few days without them but OK now. I drink water and also V8 since it has the vitamins good for the eyes. I like your idea of doing the different swings. I also have felt at times soreness at the back of my head and also at my left jaw.
Yeah! That lady had the jaw thing. I get hat, pain right into ear. She also does lot computer work.

V8 is great. I make my own with a vegetable blender but v8 is better cause has alot more stuff in it. Check out the potassium in hunts tomatoe paste; lot like V8! 2 tablespoons.

Went to two pharmacies the other day for postssium pills over the counter as vitamin. They are banned! The Drug Co's, AMA blocked potassium. Now need a prescription. Lady says more vitamins will soon be banned and obtained only by a doctor visit and prescription; the drug co brand. This bites! Trying to learn how to make all of my own vitamins, minerals from food.

Recently a very effective stomach acid cure by the Chinese got banned by the U.S. It works quick and much better than the Drug co's purple pill...
One chinese company was altering the formula, placing a chemical in it and poisoned people so now the true healthy formula is also banned.
Some people think the Drug co's caused the contamination, maybe paid off the Chinese company that used the chemical; hired them to do it.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1594771...r_thx_view

Read this Author's experience with such intense neck pain he went to the hospital one night. It was only the body, muslces re-aligning back to normal due to stopping eyeglasses, practicing Natural Eyesight Improvement.

See page 132+

Type in this; BEYOND THE BLUR
I'd like to ask fellow Batesans this question: Have you ever experienced headaches from doing one of the techniques?[/quote]
yes i had troubles going along with Palming. As Dr. Bates and almost everyone said that it will help; I have sent almost a year with it but could find it helpful.
My left eye is comparatively weaker so when i used to palm my left used to agitate and I miss-took that pain t be a healing pain but recently adapted to "Shifting and Swing" and unveiling promising results like relieve to agitation then little improve and the best thing is the agitation is not relapsing!!
So frankly speaking understand those Bates method they are helpful but relate it yourself and see that how will you get adapted with those in a comfortable way because after all its about the relaxation at the base that will help you fix the refraction errors!!
If help required keep asking always there at your rescue.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now