MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Re: Shape of eye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: Shape of eye
If you use bates method to improve your vision, does your eye change its shape?  For example, if you're nearsighted and your retina is too long, does it shorten with help of bates method?
My optometrist was quite intrigued that my left eye has shortened by his objective measurement since I started doing vision improvement. Also, it changed a little in length each time he measured it at one sitting, showing that the eye is not static. Now if I can get my right eye to start changing as well.
Otter Wrote:If you use bates method to improve your vision, does your eye change its shape?  For example, if you're nearsighted and your retina is too long, does it shorten with help of bates method?

As far as I know, it's not the retina that is too long but the whole eyeball, from front to back (in nearsightedness). This is how the eye accommodates for closeup, demonstrated by Dr. Bates. The oblique muscles, which form a belt around the top and bottom of the eye, squeeze it (contract) to produce this condition. I firmly believe this theory of accommodation because, #1 My eyes feel tense and my eyes don't feel free; #2 My right eye (which is more strained that my left) appears smaller and has more veins than my left eye, and it also feels heavier; and #3 My eyes feel light and free when I can see clearly. By the way, I've been sick and got pink eye, but only in my right eye (my left eye was fine)!

So, yes, with the Bates method your eye will naturally shorten for distance vision.

Hope this helps.
Jason

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now