MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Reducing eye strain caused by computer use

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reducing eye strain caused by computer use
Hi all,

I'm sure many of us use the computer for longs periods. I for sure get eye strain when I use the computer for long time. What are the ways to keep the eyes relaxed and away from strain?

Thanks!  Smile Smile
Hi Roger,
In the past I've been told to look away from the screen into distance for 10 seconds for every 10 minutes looking at the screen.  I hated the fact that my attention must be broken every 10 minutes, so I never really did this.
LCD screens are much easier on the eyes, and if you have a CRT set the refresh rate to very high to reduce the noticeable flicker.  Make sure the letters on your screen are black and not blurry.  If they are blurry or grey, adjust your resolution/brightness/color.
Place the screen as far away from yourself as possible while still clearly seeing the letters to reduce near-point stress.  Keep in mind that looking at blurry letters all the time strains your eyes.
The best advice I can offer you is to move your neck a lot.  When reading text on the screen, move your neck along with your eyes, so your eyes are always looking straight.  A lot of strain that your eyes accumulate are due to an immobile neck.  These slight neck movements that accompany your eyes reduce most of the strain for me.  Keep it in mind and over time this will be come a habit.
Nonetheless, it always helps to turn your attention from the screen once in a while to talk to a friend or a coworker in the room.  This always helps for me, rather than looking at the screen non-stop for the entire day.
Also, some people find occasional palming very helpful.
Paul, please check your PM!  ;D

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now