MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Re: EFT for Vision Improvement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: EFT for Vision Improvement
Hi, I'm new here.

Has anyone ever heard of Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)?  It claims to be able to improve eyesight (among other things) by "tapping" away emotional issues.  Here is the link:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.emofree.com/articles.aspx?id=29">http://www.emofree.com/articles.aspx?id=29</a><!-- m -->

And here is a wikipedia article if you need background information:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_Freedom_Techniques">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_ ... Techniques</a><!-- m -->

Since Bates postulated that mental disturbance is a factor in the quality of one's eyesight, do you think this can be used in tandem with the Bates Method?  Has anyone tried this?
absolutely,
the trick is to find the emotional barrier to your clear vision.

EFT is very interesting, and the fact that the manual is available free on their website is extremely convincing.

I once had a map of acupuncture points around the eyes.  There is a certain action, such as tapping or applying gradual pressure, that can be used to either stimulate the muscle or relax it.  There was also a chart on which ones you have to stimulate or relax for each eye condition.
Hello, I'm new here too  ;D
Any idea of the emotional barriers that keep us from clear vision ?
Sure,

A lot of people have an emotional problem in reading
their Snellen, as Bates suggested, and then
doing the palming and swinging necessary
to clear their Snellen under their control.

Just one man's opinion.

Otis
Hi Peter,

I'm using EFT to improve my eyesight at the moment. I have bought the ebook "Improve your Eyesight with EFT" by Carol Look, she did an experiment to improve your eyesight with EFT a while back. I've only just started out so I can't say how much it helps yet. I am also doing some Bates Techniques with it. 

Here's are 2 articles about the eyesight experiment Carol Look did if you are interested:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.emofree.com/Research/eyesight-experiment.htm">http://www.emofree.com/Research/eyesight-experiment.htm</a><!-- m -->
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.emofree.com/articles2/eyesight-vision-improvement.htm">http://www.emofree.com/articles2/eyesig ... vement.htm</a><!-- m -->

@Paul: I also found some websites with acupressure points for the eyes, have a look here:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.acufinder.com/Acupuncture+Information/Detail/Healthy+Eyes+with+Chinese+Medicine">http://www.acufinder.com/Acupuncture+In ... e+Medicine</a><!-- m -->
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.acupuncturetoday.com/archives2001/dec/12banker.html">http://www.acupuncturetoday.com/archive ... anker.html</a><!-- m -->

Take care,
Anne
cherryredcutie Wrote:<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.acupuncturetoday.com/archives2001/dec/12banker.html">http://www.acupuncturetoday.com/archive ... anker.html</a><!-- m -->

This is the link I've read before.  When I followed this instructions, I noticed that if you stimulate/relax the extrinsic muscles using the acupuncture points on one eye only, that eye has a noticeable temporary improvement in eyesight while the other remains blurry. 
This applies Bates' theories on refractive errors, but achieves results in a different way.  Bates himself presented a multitude of methods to achieve relaxation, this is merely one of them.

Quote from the website:
Quote:Finally, one more muscle that may contribute to a visual problem is the ciliary muscle, the circular muscle inside the eye. This helps one focus on objects that are close. When the muscle tightens up, objects can be seen further away. If the muscle is too tight, it may contribute to nearsightedness and must be loosened, or pressed and released. If it contributes to farsightedness, then following the pattern, it must be tightened or shaken (access this at point 3 on the chart).

too bad she has not heard of Dr. Bates
One more note:  If you have trouble finding acupressure points, they are usually characterized by slight dimples in the bone.  So if you feel around the rim of the eye socket, you'll find small indentations - those are the acupressure points.
I have nothing against EFT, but I'd warn you to not take on too much at once from both Bates and EFT and turn it all into a shotgun approach. A lot of little things may help, including nutrition and whatever else, but too much will leave you unclear about the main issues, and a bunch of things that seem to help a little bit means none of it helps a lot.

David
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Paul Wrote:I once had a map of acupuncture points around the eyes.  There is a certain action, such as tapping or applying gradual pressure, that can be used to either stimulate the muscle or relax it.  There was also a chart on which ones you have to stimulate or relax for each eye condition.

Here Paul,  I found a website for the accupressure points.  The website is a chinese exercise one.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.eye-exercises-for-good-vision.com/chinese-eye-exercises.html">http://www.eye-exercises-for-good-visio ... cises.html</a><!-- m -->
EFT has reportedly done tremendous things for many people, but is not a panacea for vision. I contacted Carol Look and found out she has not pursued vision improvement since she finished her experiment. She says: "my work is leading me into studying pain relief as well as into the abundance arena that I so enjoy teaching, so I will not be pursuing or doing more on the eyesight study."

If you read the results of the experiment, the claim that "nearly 75% of participants in this study
indicated that an improvement occurred in their vision during and by the
end of the study." is misleading. First, over 400 people started the study and only 120 stayed the course. So it would be more accurate, I think, to say "nearly 75% of 30% of participants in this study
indicated that an improvement." Of the original 400+ people, 16 reported "definite" or "significant" improvement.

Carol Look is a psychologist by training, and psychologists are not accustomed to quantitative results.  In the vision world, it is very easy to quantify results with a Snellen chart. In contrast, a psychologist has to rely on the vague responses of the clients.We don't really know what "definite" or "significant" improvement means, and this makes it impossible to draw any solid conclusions from the study. It is unfortunate that Snellen cards weren't distributed to the respondants so we could get a better picture of their improvements.

For some people, simply resolving a psychological issue will clear vision. I've known a number of people who became myopic in law school whose eyes reverted after graduation--and choosing a career outside of law. But for most that I work with, the psychological origin of the blur has been compounded by a self-conscious change in how one uses the eyes. If a person clears up all their psychological issues but still believes he can see better if he avoids blinking, vision will not improve.

For example, last week I worked with a 44 year old woman with presbyopia. Her distance vision was 20/40, but within a few minutes she was reading the 20/20 line by allowing the letters to swing. Her problem wasn't emotional, her problem was that she thought she needed to grab letters in order to see them.

A note on the Chinese acupressure techniques: These techniques have failed to stop the epidemic of myopia is China and Chinese schools, though I personally find them very good for relieving the strain around the eyes.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now