• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
recovery from presbyopia
Thanks arocarty!

There is another question about the Presbyopia Reduction Chart. There it reads:

"Can you see the print
through either dot while con-
verging? Can you read it?
"

I'm not sure whether I understand this right.
I don't see how it should be possible to see the print through the black dots.
I can read the text only when looking at the paragraph next to the one(s) with the dots.

Though it appears there are not many presbyopia victims in this forum, and apparently even less who work with this chart.
I'm well into presbyopic age, and am not a victim yet, thanks to learning BatesSmile

I can't say that I have used this chart very much, I actually found it in an old folder that I have of different size charts and other odds and ends. Haven't looked at it for several years. I tend to avoid the converging type exercises, as long ago they never helped, only seemed to confuse my visual system.

What the instructions mean is to converge first on the two top black dots, then while still holding that convergences, look to the black dot on the next set of paragraphs down. (two bigger black dots on the outside paragraphs). You are essentially converging the first paragraph on the left with the dot, and the adjacent paragraph which has no dot. If you are still holding that convergence, you'll actually see two the bigger black dots. The one to the right is where you will see text through it.
Read fine print

Read fine print in the sunlight without eyeglasses; it changes the eyes shape, focus of light rays to normal for clear close and distant vision in a healthy, safe way. It perfects coordination, relaxation, function of the outer and inner eye muscles. Fine print changes the eyes shape to normal, cures myopia, farsight/presbyopia in this way; Dr. Bates states; When looking close, reading; the outer eye muscles change the eyes shape to round, slightly lengthened for perfect accommodation, focus of light rays on the retina, clear vision. Convergence is also perfect. (Other eye doctors state the lens also changes shape.) This action will help an abnormally, progressively lengthened eye shape that causes myopia, unclear distant vision to change to the normal, healthy round shape it needs to be in for correct focus of light rays on the retina, clear distant vision. Divergence also is perfect. When looking to the distance from the close fine print, in a state of relaxation (which the fine print induces when read correct with shifting, central fixation) the eye tends to change from slightly lengthened for reading up close to perfect round for distance. The lens also functions correct.

Read fine, microscopic print in the sunlight at close distances the way Ophthalmologist Bates describes to keep the eyes healthy, vision clear.
Go out into the sunlight without eyeglasses, sunglasses and use the eyes relaxed, correct;
practice 'shifting', natural eye movement, central-fixation and switching on objects at close, middle, far distances. Practice relaxation of the mind, body, eyes-deep and dynamic relaxation, palming, improve the memory, imagination, good nutrition. All these healthy practices will relax and return all the eye muscles; outer and inner; oblique, recti, ciliary, iris, tear gland... to normal function, correct eye shape with clear vision at all distances, healthy eyes.
Thanks arocarty and clarknight!

arocarty Wrote:...

What the instructions mean is to converge first on the two top black dots, then while still holding that convergences, look to the black dot on the next set of paragraphs down. (two bigger black dots on the outside paragraphs). You are essentially converging the first paragraph on the left with the dot, and the adjacent paragraph which has no dot. If you are still holding that convergence, you'll actually see two the bigger black dots. The one to the right is where you will see text through it.
It's quite complicated, thus I'm afraid I'm not sure whether I understand you right.
When I'm holding the convergence from the two top black dots - resp. from the one in the middle of the three seen while converging - I see on the next ("line" of) paragraphs down, four dots (two on each side), and five paragraphs - the one in the middle without a dot.
But I still don't see a way to possibly "see the print through either dot".
This is not likely of a real importance - but I was just wondering.
To simplify this - just look at the big black dot on the left (the paragraph that says "If you cannot read this fine print, ..."

Slowly converge, until you see two black dots where there was one, each on their own separate paragraph. Move your attention to the one on the right - should become transparent.
OK, thanks - now I was able to see this effect.
While it is not too difficult to get it on the right side, it is hardly possible for me to bring it forth on the left side.
Anyway, it is amazing how I'm able to read the finer prints by looking normally after doing these exercises.
It still puzzles me though how vision is on some days, and even during some times of the day, worse than during others.
Dr. Bates teaches how to read fine print (no glasses) to keep the close and distant vision clear.
Shifiting 'tiny part to tiny part' relax, blink, breathe.., up close on small objects in the sunlight; a stone, flower... will also keep the vision clear.

Some people get double vision, frozen eyes, impaired convergence, divergence from doing those 3-D fusion exercises; staring in space to merge 2 objects into a 3rd illusion. Example that old 3-cups exercise and some Magic eye pictures. Myself and a man I know developed problems from doing those exercises, even the close vision reading merging exercise described here in other posts. Some teachers, eye doctors that sell it now warn about this.
manoka Wrote:It still puzzles me though how vision is on some days, and even during some times of the day, worse than during others.

Vision fluctuates. If you haven't read Chapter VII of Bates book, check it out. Even people with normal sight don't have normal sight continuously. Even more so the person trying to restore vision, as they try to overcome the wrestling match of years of wrongful habits.
arocarty Wrote:
manoka Wrote:It still puzzles me though how vision is on some days, and even during some times of the day, worse than during others.

Vision fluctuates. If you haven't read Chapter VII of Bates book, check it out. Even people with normal sight don't have normal sight continuously. Even more so the person trying to restore vision, as they try to overcome the wrestling match of years of wrongful habits.
What exactly do you mean with "wrongful habits"?
Which habits are the most harmful?
Staring, straining, making an effort to see.
And of course, squinting - which is "all of the above". Off-topic, but I was in a store the other day when I saw this kid (maybe 7 years old) squinting constantly - and it REALLY bothered me to the point where I had to look away. It made me feel like my insides were being torn apart... :/
Pikachu Wrote:And of course, squinting - which is "all of the above". Off-topic, but I was in a store the other day when I saw this kid (maybe 7 years old) squinting constantly - and it REALLY bothered me to the point where I had to look away. It made me feel like my insides were being torn apart... :/

Yes, squinting, or anything we try to do with our facial muscles to influence our vision would fall into it. I know I was being a little general, but there's an infinite number of ways in which people will strain, make an effort. I don't think any is worse than the other - they're all bad, and when they become habitual, wreak all kinds of havoc on the visual system. I would cringe, too, if I saw a kid constantly squinting.
Actually I can squint, resp. converge (within the natural limits), as well as diverge, without any substantial strain.
It reads in the chart that it is necessary to relax. If one can't do it without relaxing, it's probably useless.
Though I think it might be worth a try even if one is just able to diverge (comfortably).
Now I'm able to see the print by diverging just as clearly as by converging.
It's interesting as it appears somehow as if one would look through a magnifier when one is able to focus and is getting the 3D effect.

Today, after the exercise, and after just one week of training, I was able to read the tiniest print just as well by looking normally - still not really perfect though.
And I was able to read regular print normally, as if I never had presbyopia - something I couldn't do anymore even with my first reading glasses.

The main problem now is that this improvement seems to be unstable. There is some considerable variation from one moment to the other.
It's a very interesting fact that when we avoid staring, normal vision just happens, as long as we "do something" (holding onto points -- making an effort to see...) kick things off the track, so relaxing the facial muscles <around the eyes>, the neck, back, etc. is the first step in letting relaxation happen, i meant: the memory of perfect sight. Learn to recognize the strain and how to let it go. More easy to say than to carry it out, i know
I'm not sure that I really understand what is exactly meant with "staring".
I don't think that I'm staring.
But I certainly have a problem with relaxation.
And I think relaxation may be the key for a long(er) term relief from presbyopia.
I'm trying to do some more palming.
If somebody knows of a good audio file which helps to relax, I would appreciate a link or something.

It's a bad vision day for me today - a pronounced setback, with significantly more difficulties than yesterday to do the exercises and to read.

Another very interesting statement in the book which makes me wonder - can anybody write about experiences with this(?):

"... When black is remembered perfectly a temporary, if not a permanent, relief of pain always results...
... With a little training anyone with good sight can be taught to remember black perfectly with the eyes closed and covered, and with a little more training anyone can learn to do it with the eyes open. When one is suffering extreme pain, however, the control of the memory may be difficult, and the assistance of someone who understands the method may be necessary. With such assistance it is seldom or never impossible
."

How can somebody assist to remember black, other than with words? - It sounds like he didn't explain the method sufficiently.

"... anyone with good sight can be taught to remember black perfectly ..." - does this mean without good sight one can not be taught, and how can one learn to remember black perfectly?

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now