Dear friends i have some other questions for you about bates exercises.
1. How to do snellen practice and for how much time
2 how to do shifting for how much time?
3. how to central fixation?
4. Are multivitamins helpful in getting eyesight back?
5. will sitting infront of computer for 7 or 8 worsen our eyesight?
1a. By reading the card in a relaxed manner, and practicing with the other methods on the chart. 1b. For as long as you like, though be warned: Length of time does not necessarily = Amount of eyesight improvement. It all depends on how much strain you are able to release in this time.
2. By rapidly moving your eyes across small points of an object. Shifting may not only be considered as a 'bates method', but as a natural habit of all people who sustain natural sight. 2b. All day long.
3. Observing that only one part of any view in your central fovea at any given time can be seen clearly. This too, can be considered as a principle of normal sight.
4. Possibly, though I wouldn't count on it. I think Vitamin A found in Carotene *can* be good for night vision. In fact I asked about it on 'sci.med.vision' a while back if you'd like to see - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://tinyurl.com/3ckrfl">http://tinyurl.com/3ckrfl</a><!-- m -->
5. No, if the eyes are used correctly while at the computer I have found that I am able to *improve* my eyesight. But it depends really: Strain = Worsen eyes, Release Strain = Improve eyesight.
Computer use: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iblindness.org/forum/index.php/topic,507.0.html">http://www.iblindness.org/forum/index.p ... 507.0.html</a><!-- m -->
There are millions of suggestions on herbal and vitamin supplements. If you google you should get many results from cod liver oil to herbal strain-reducing drugs. I haven't tried any nor do I have any opinion on how well they work. Yet there were some isolated cases in the past where patient's eyesight was improved solely by vitamins and herbs.
Shifting: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iblindness.org/forum/index.php/topic,48.0.html">http://www.iblindness.org/forum/index.p ... ,48.0.html</a><!-- m -->
Look at the "Method of the month" forum because it has detailed instructions on various techniques. Also have a look at the main web page of this site, which contains loads of information about Bates: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iblindness.org">http://www.iblindness.org</a><!-- m -->