MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Re: Who's right? Who's wrong?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: Who's right? Who's wrong?
Hello all!

I found this forum yesterday and it seems like a great idea for everybody to share their stories and questions.
Well I have a question too.

My vision is about 20/200 and about a month or 3 weeks ago, i tried curing my myopia just like you guys. I have a ton of questions i want to share, but today I'll just ask the one that has been bothering me a lot.

Which side is right? When i mean sides, i mean the sides that has been making me give up the Bates Method and the side that encourages me to do it.

The Eye Doctors told me that i can't cure my eyesight and i shouldn't listen to those  who says relaxing or exercising the eyes will help regain our 20/20 vision. They said it's wrong and silly. They  also said the only ways  to heal it are glasses, contacts, and LASIK.

Then there are you guys, the Bates supporters. I have read the Success stories section of the forum and they seem very inspiring.I'm currently doing palming and other methods and so far i feel like my eye are more relaxed, but my vision isn't improving. ( Maybe just a teeny tiny tiny  tiny bit. ) Or am i just thinking that?

To those who can't understand me now, I'll give you a small example. The thing with glasses. The first time i had glasses, i was about 20/50 and the doctor said i should wear it. i was about 10 or 11 so I didn't know much and i started wearing it. A few years later, it climbed to 20/150 and then to 20/200. I started reading on some stuff about myopia and some places said that glasses are like a  crutch or a band-aid or something. they told me to take it off and it seemed pretty reasonable that i should due to my progression of Myopia, so i did. Now my mother and doctor said i should wear it or ill strain my eyes and my progression of Myopia will get even faster! Last eye check, they said my myopia slowed down cause i started wearing my glasses.  You see what i mean,  Its like debating the chicken or the egg, everybody has a logical explanation.

You guys have  logical facts backing you up, and so does the doctors i talked to. Its tearing my apart!I want to take a side in the natural cure for myopia . Who's right? Who's wrong?

Your friend,
                                                                              Charles
Dear Charles,

Subject: The majority versus the preventive second-opinion

These discussions are to support Bates, and vision
recovery methods (clear your Snellen under YOUR control).

There are majority-opinion ODs who are attempting
to block work along these lines.

I personally was "fed" this majority-opinion arrogance
and office-fibs.

I have confirmed that there is little SCIENTIFIC support
for the majority-opinion -- other than it works INSTANTLY.

I think it is necessary to support people before they
begin wearing that minus lens, with ACCURATE
information that YOU can judge.

I hope this "position" is acceptable to you.

Otis
basically, glasses are a pain in the butt. I wore them for years and my eyes would get worse. If I took them off for a day or two and put the glasses on, I would see everything clearly. So I thought my eyes got stronger, which they did. Then I would wear the glasses again and the same thing happened. Blur, couldn't read road signs, and then I noticed while swimming that when I came up out of the water my eyes saw things clearly but only for a few second. I studied John Quakenbush's book and bought an online book and these helped. But what really helped was patience. You really need patience and to be kind to yourself. Accept blur, and don't worry about it. Someday the patience will pay off. I have sometimes 20/10 to 20/40.  I used to have 20/70 to 20/100 or worse. I didn't want stronger glasses either, and  knew it was going to take time to get my eyes back to perfect. I thought I needed glasses for work, driving etc. I took a chance and took off my glasses for good. I drove without them, at night, etc. Very dangerous and don't reccommend it but I would get wonderful clear flashes. I never got into any accidents, but I couldn't see faces on people clearly. Now I can, but it isn't 100 percent. But I don't care. Life now is much better than those crutches. I may not always see 100 percent, but my eyes feel better, colors and shapes seem more real than ever and that there is the trade off. I feel I have more freedom. I also continue to make advances to improve my sight. I feel they are getting better and better and I am learning to see again. It takes time but once you start this project it is hard to stop trying to get the eyes back. you want to keep going. the clear flashes are like a natural high and over time they stay longer. sure sometimes i find myself forgetting but who cares?. I just keep going and have accepted my eyes. I want to take the dmv test soon,. I am sure i will pass it. i can call up 20/20 vision anytime if I want. I just blink, brush and breathe.
Dear Charles,

Subject: You stated the story of my life.

Charles>  To those who can't understand me now, I'll give you a small example. The thing with glasses. The first time i had glasses, i was about 20/50 and the doctor said i should wear it. i was about 10 or 11 so I didn't know much and i started wearing it. A few years later, it climbed to 20/150 and then to 20/200. I started reading on some stuff about myopia and some places said that glasses are like a  crutch or a band-aid or something. they told me to take it off and it seemed pretty reasonable that i should due to my progression of Myopia, so i did. Now my mother and doctor said i should wear it or ill strain my eyes and my progression of Myopia will get even faster! Last eye check, they said my myopia slowed down cause i started wearing my glasses.  You see what i mean,  Its like debating the chicken or the egg, everybody has a logical explanation.

Otis> I received the SAME TREATMENT from my ophthalmologist!!!

Otis>  When I asked intelligent question -- I got "put down" by
the statement, "...well, when you become an ophthalmologist -- THEN
you will understand".

Otis> Further, the ophthalmologist roundly TRASHED BATES.  I had
to "wonder" about all of this when I was 14 years old, and
NOT ABLE TO UNDERSTAND IT.

Otis>  It is tragic that these destructive "closed minds" exist,
and the results are so terrible.  But that is the way it is.

Otis>  I do not know what success you might have with
vision-clearing, but you will not get "straight" answers
from the majority-opinion ODs. Their minds are slammed
shut, and will never see the light of day.

Otis> I am not saying these preventive methods are easy.
They are not.  But getting rid of that minus is the
first step.  I am sorry that your mother was not better
informed of this topic (as mine was not), and that
learning about this is painful for that reason.

Otis>  But this is a "free conversation" site with
many ideas on the topic -- and suggestions
to help you clear your Snellen.

Best,

Otis
Hi Charles,

It's the same deal with every alternative therapy out there - there are arguments for and against it. It doesn't matter who you agree with so far. Do you want to improve your vision enough to try the Bates method, or not? You can debate all day long, but until you've tried it out enough to find that it works, you don't have all the facts and can't possibly make a rational decision. So it all depends on how much you want it.

David
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
I think it woul dbe very helpfull if everyone that registered on this sight, gave their current state of vision and how long they have been practising.
Some optometrist to endorse Bates or other eye exercises.  To find one in your area, go here http://www.optometrists.org/.  I truly believe Bates was right, but even if he wasn't the energy boost and general feeling of well-being I have achieved from Bates and other relaxation techniques are worth it for me.  I used to come home, tired and achey, now I don't.  I couldn't wait to take my glasses off, the minute I take them off, the strain is gone and I feel better.  Glasses have always made me uncomfortable, I am one of those people who could never get used to them.  I started wearing glasses at around 14, I am now 30 and still can't stand my glasses.  Unfortunatley my vision is around a 20/200 without them so they are a necessity for driving, and I worry about watching my baby without them.  What if he sticks something dangerous in his mouth and i can't see it?  Anyhow, I have experience improvement, my vision is actually closer to 20/250 now, it was more like 20/400 before I started bates.
So just relax and do what's comfortable, for me, its throwing those darned glasses away!!

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download