MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Question on Astigmatism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question on Astigmatism
Could someone explain to me what eyeglass prescription with 180  means, such as in -.50 -2.00 180? That is if you get 180 in the prescription is it the oblique orthe rectus muscle that is too tense? Is the cornea distorted vertically or horizontally in 180 prescriptions?
It is just the angel of the additional correction in the lens.
Boho Wrote:Could someone explain to me what eyeglass prescription with 180  means, such as in -.50 -2.00 180? That is if you get 180 in the prescription is it the oblique orthe rectus muscle that is too tense? Is the cornea distorted vertically or horizontally in 180 prescriptions?

As I understand it, if you have astigmatism you have both oblique and rectus muscles that are tense. I haven't heard of a way to tell exactly which muscles are tense but I don't think you can target specific muscles either.
It's something that frequently changes too. Almost every time someone gives the prescription they got from the optometrist on more than one visit, or more than one optometrist, the angle and/or degree of astigmatism is different.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Wierd, but I got all the times the same results. 3 different optometrists.
For the 30 years that I wore glasses, I had astigmatic correction. Each year, sometimes twice a year when I got an exam the amount, and or the axis changed. Most times the change was not noticeable, but other times the glasses were hard to get used to, and or had rather weird distortions, untill I  got used to them. I never felt that the distortion was that much for near, but was really noticeable for distant objects.Distance vision was always very sharp with new glasses.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download