MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
good techniques

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
good techniques
Hi, I'm new to this site. I wanted to know what techniques (palming, pumping, hydrotherapy, etc.) usually give you clear flashes from myopia.
palming is the easiest for me to get clear flashes from.  I also splash my eyes with cold water, sometimes ice cold.  Sometimes i put a warm wet towel over my eyes and relax, and it works.
Hi Pretty-Peace,

Welcome to the forum! Please make yourself at home as we are all friends in here!

Q. Which techniques will give you clear flashes from myopia?

It's really for the individual to see which techniques help the most. All the techniques can be used to give you a clear flash from myopia if you have understood the principles behind doing them. The best advice is to give all of the techniques a shot (like swinging, palming, sunning, shifting), see what you get. Then you focus on the one that helps you the most, and if when you certain it is having a good effect on you, practice it with faithful perseverance and dedication.

As for pumping and hydrotherapy, they are not the methods developed by Dr. Bates, and there is little use in bothering with them for visual healing. The true methods taught that cure is found  by learning relaxation, not by effort -- I actually found that pumping was strain-inducing! Ultimately, you are only wasting your time with the other methods. Now having said that, even if they are not an aid to the restoration of your vision, they may help in other areas of health, and are beneficial to your general character nonetheless. For that reason I wouldn't discourage them, but just do not rely on them solely for the purpose of your eyesight. Indeed, anything to benefit your health will be good.

Of course you must never forget this: mental and physical straining in the form of an effort to see is always harmful to your vision. Avoid this at all costs, for your cure will depend on it! Your primary goal is to attain mental relaxation (physical relaxation will follow), not to strengthen muscles! This is pretty much the entire basis for the Bates method. If you reflect on this knowledge throughout the day, you will find Bates' words soon begin to make very much sense, for you will soon observe that your vision is best when you are relaxed and unconcerned by it.

By the way, I have checked your profile and it is good to see  that you are young. They say that youthes are easier able to understand the correct principles of perfect sight, and then to change their habits accordingly, and thus easier to cure. I think this is because the more time spent practicing incorrect habits, the more fixed becomes the paradigm that such habits are correct, and so the harder it gets to re-accustom and re-tune yourself to normality.

If there is anything else to the Bates method which you don't understand, please feel free to ask!

Warm regards,

- Kaze
Hey Kaze, what kind of improvement have you noticed while being on the Bates method, and how long have you been practicing for? I'm still trying to get more steady at it...sometimes I forget for a while and stare a bit, but as time progresses I'm making better habbits.
-Mike
Hi Mike,

Since beginning training with Dr. Bates cure system, I had miraculous and immense movements going from like a maximum 20/100 (the prescription read -2.00 with a certain amount of astigmatism -- I can't remember) to a minimum of 20/30 under artificial light and in worst conditions 20/40. In good light and relaxed conditions I am able to read at 20/20 with very much ease. However, I am steadily improving every day and know that I will soon reach perfection as I continue to practice,  and my aim is to be able to read 20/20 under the worst conditions, as it will be in the optometrists' office. I have no use with glasses so I have smashed them (after 2 weeks of practice from the start), but even when my vision troubles return, which usually happens in the night time under artificial light, I just remember to practice a little shifting/imagination/palming or breathing/blinking and all is well!

I have been practicing for about 5 months (since this February), although I regret that I lost motivation about half way through. I will tell you now, that is the worst thing that can possibly happen! Do not allow your motivation to drop, regardless of the situation. Everything possible should be done to keep your incentive enthusiasm and stimulus levels up so heck if necessary read some testimonials on the web -- they will spur your desire for perfect sight. However, the best material that I have found possible is to read the 'Stories from the Clinic' book by Emily Lierman. My gratitude goes to her for the inspiring and emphatically written anecdotes.

Quote:sometimes I forget for a while and stare a bit, but as time progresses I'm making better habbits.

I am so glad to hear that, just keep it up! Remember, if you start to lose hope then I recommend reading the Better Eyesight Magazines or the Stories From The Clinic books. It is nice to read them from here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.central-fixation.com/bettereyesight.htm">http://www.central-fixation.com/bettereyesight.htm</a><!-- m -->, but the printed compilation (which is very nicely presented) is on Amazon. But it does have a few edits from Quackenbush (he cuts out certain parts, like with the sun treatment he types '[sunning]' instead of the full description of how to do it) which is a shame.

Yours truly,

- Kaze

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now