MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
ridding of my glasses?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ridding of my glasses?
Before  asking my questions, i want everyone to know that i noticed a slight improvement during these past months.  And a handful of really clear flashes

OK well, I'm not wearing my glasses now, only for school and reading on the chalkboard. Should i wear my glasses on the computer? When i dint my eyes feel fine, but I'm scared that I'm not noticing it being strained. Should i wear my glasses on the computer?
Dear Charles,

Subject: Avoid wearing that minus lens.

Yes, the practical reality (at this time) is that you
must use the minus for distant objects.

Sounds like your Snellen is about 20/60.

But Bates -- and all other preventive people
recommend that you NOT wear that minus lens
at any other time -- and certainly not at the computer.

Even optometrists who know you must use
a minus lens for distant -- RECOMMEND no minus,
and keep them off at all other times.

Best,

Otis
charles64 Wrote:When i dint my eyes feel fine, but I'm scared that I'm not noticing it being strained. Should i wear my glasses on the computer?

Do you mean squint? 

I tried going without glasses at the computer, and I used to hunch over my keyboard and squint to get by.  It was very uncomfortable, and I went back to wearing glasses.  In a few months, I've reduced my prescription by 3 diopters, so it's working for me.  Eventually, I won't need them at the computer. 

Along the lines of otis' post, you should not wear full prescription glasses at the computer.  Get your optometrist to provide you with a "Reduced Rx" prescription for computer use.  It should be reduced by 1 to 2 diopters. 

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now