MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
I'm gonna start... where and how?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm gonna start... where and how?
Hi all,

I just bought a natural eye improvement book after reading about natural eye improvement on google.  The book is Relearning to See by Thomas R. Quackenbush, it's the best reviewed book for natural eye improvement on amazon. Smile

However i realized that this book is huge!  almost 600 pages!  With all the work that i have to do now (i'm in high school atm) it'll take me a while to get started.

Also i'd like to know how quicky i can progress. Last year my eyes were about 3.5, so the glasses are pretty strong. then i passed the school exam thing so didn't get new glasses this year.  However i might not pass it again if i don't start relaxing my eyes now!    Sad  :o 

To talk about a motivation...  :Smile

but really cleaning my glasses like 2+ times a day is rather getting annoy and time wasting, not to say that i couldn't play sports as well with the glasses on.

But the problem for me is, it's hard for me to relax.  I have tried things like Photoreading and i couldn't seem to relax at all :/  however Harry Loyarn (spelling) 's memory book is really good ( i'm straight A student
with almost #1-5 in the whole grade on all subjects) so i have some experience in picturing.

Well, basically i don't have that much time to read the book, and have family issues as well, plus the pressure from studying for the SAT...  so it might be hard for me to relax that well.

Also i'm a computer guy so that i spend lots of time on the computer.  Not so much email, but chat/forums/MMORPGs/and part of my SAT study.  I think that the online games part might not be helpful at all, but it's hard to quit when you have lots of friends and enemies on there and a goal to reach...  :Smile

(if you guys wanna check it out it's ConquerOnline lolz  at conqueronline.com )

But i have seen on this forum somewhere that ppl get well even when working with a computer, i don't know.

Basically, starting tomorrow, i'll try starting to read at least 20 pages a day of that book and see what i can get out of it...

Well, that was sort of long.    My main questions are these:

1. Are there anything that i can do starting right now while i read the book?
2. How long will my eyes start to get better (or at least that i can notice it and it would be an encouragement for me Smile and confidence as well )
3. How long will I be able to go with without glasses?
4.  Computer games are bad right? especially those that require attention up to the second
5. Does rebuildyourvision.com work or is it actually harmful? (because i read on their website that you can heal your eyes in less than a month by simply doing exercises 30 min a day.  Sounds to me like it's forcing the eyes to change its shape or whatever.  :-X )  Because if it works i might be able to persuade my parents to buy it for me.  They're skeptical about the whole natural eye improvement thing atm tho.  It was even hard to convince them to let me read this book .

So yea that's me and my questions.  First post here Smile  I'll keep you guys updated on my progress when i notice any change.  Thanks all and hear back from ya!  Big Grin
Tom Quackenbush has his own methods.  They seem to work for some people, but not for everyone.  I would strongly suggest you read the book published by Dr. William Bates, who was the ophthalmologist that first developed the method.  The copyright on this book has long expired, and it is available free on this website (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iblindness.org/books/">http://www.iblindness.org/books/</a><!-- m -->).  It introduces you to the cause of visual defects and the principles behind improvement. 
If you wish to try Quackenbush's methods, I wouldn't recommend using the 20 pages per day technique.  Use the table of contents to discover the sections interest you the most, and tackle those first.  If you have enough interest, you can go for the bones of the book later.

To answer some of your questions: 

Quote:1. Are there anything that i can do starting right now while i read the book?
Dr. Bates strongly encouraged to discard the glasses entirely.  I realize that things may be blurry for you, but you'll have to try your best.  Don't worry about your school eye exam.  I find it odd that your school tests student's eyes.  Nonetheless, you just have to accept the fact that your eyesight is blurry and get the stronger prescription if obligated.  As far as I know there is no law stating that you must always wear your glasses.  Many people come here trying to find a quick fix for things like glasses requirement for their driver's license.  I always tell them not to fool themselves, relax and follow the procedure.  You can always improve your eyesight regardless if you have the 'x' condition on your license.  Worrying about these things only favors tension, which is counterproductive. 

Quote:2. How long will my eyes start to get better (or at least that i can notice it and it would be an encouragement for me Smiley and confidence as well )
I don't think anyone can answer that question.  Some have been known to improve within a month, others within years.  Just don't let this turn into a fad.  Make a commitment to change the way you view visual health.  Once you can gain relaxation and find the technique that helps you the most, improvement will come.    You have moderate myopia, so I would expect a gradual improvement. 

Quote:3. How long will I be able to go with without glasses?
that's entirely up to you.  You have to learn to accept the blur, only then can you relax it.  Dr. Bates talks a lot about this, so read his book!

Quote:4.  Computer games are bad right? especially those that require attention up to the second
Not quite, it's a common misconception.  Here are some discussions on it:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iblindness.org/forum/index.php/topic,595.0.html">http://www.iblindness.org/forum/index.p ... 595.0.html</a><!-- m -->
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iblindness.org/forum/index.php/topic,579.0.html">http://www.iblindness.org/forum/index.p ... 579.0.html</a><!-- m -->

Quote:5. Does rebuildyourvision.com work or is it actually harmful? (because i read on their website that you can heal your eyes in less than a month by simply doing exercises 30 min a day.  Sounds to me like it's forcing the eyes to change its shape or whatever.  Lips sealed )  Because if it works i might be able to persuade my parents to buy it for me. 
Don't waste your money on that.  Many have tried this, and many have failed.  The author of rebuildyourvision program goes through a  lot of trouble to publicize his site and make it seem legit.  He has the wrong idea, and based on what I have head, the method does not work.

Quote:They're skeptical about the whole natural eye improvement thing atm tho.  It was even hard to convince them to let me read this book .
Don't let anyone tell you what to read and what to not read Smile  That's the beauty of reading. 

Best of luck,
Paul
You are just like I was about a year ago, and like so many in our western culture, you are very busy "doing" so many things.  There is a lot to be said for taking time each day to reflect inwardly and just "being". 

I believe that I am on the right track today because I took some steps to get to better overall health using Bates relaxation techniques and other things from eastern philosophies like meditation and breathing.  If natural vision improvement is just another thing to add to a "to-do" list with many expectations like how long till you see improvement, I don't think it will work long term for anyone. 

I suggest that you look into the following Bates relaxation methods as a start: (1) sunning (2) palming (3) swinging.
Dear Friend,

Subject: What to do -- to get started:

Quote:Well, that was sort of long.    My main questions are these:

1. Are there anything that i can do starting right now while i read the book?

In order to verify vision-improvement, it is necessary to know
your Snellen reading. 

I would suggest obtaining a Snellen, and determine which
line you can read 1/2 the letters correctly.

Here is a Snellen

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.smbs.buffalo.edu/oph/ped/IVAC/IVAC.html">http://www.smbs.buffalo.edu/oph/ped/IVAC/IVAC.html</a><!-- m -->

Just click on "Display" and read the letters.  "Larger" and
"Smaller" will allow you to find the line that you read
correctly.

At -3 diopters, you can probably read the 20/200 line, and
maybe the 20/100 line.

Thus, as you do Bates, swinging, palming, sunning, you
should be able to confirm your vision-clearing on your
Snellen.

Whey you get to 20/60, you will be able to do class-room
work with no minus lens.  At that point you can almost
discard your minus -- as Bates suggested.

To pass the DMV you will need a minus lens to drive -- until
you confirm that you pass the 20/40 line -- naked eye.

Let us know about your progress an opinion about
this work.

Best,

Otis
You can get the book "The cure of imperfect sight by treatment withought glasses" (also known as "Perfect sight withought glasses") at the U.K amazon sight, <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.co.uk">http://www.amazon.co.uk</a><!-- w -->. It's produced by a company that prints rare books and the cover might be different to the original book but the content is all there. I have the book.

Jamie
Well, i've read all the replies, and i think they're helpful  Wink

After i posted two days there was only one reply and i was gonna wait for more replies but then totally forgot about it as i became busy again.

Well i'm at the school library now during lunch and it's over in 2 min (didn't look at the time... -.- )

but yea just to let you guys know that i'm still here and i've read all the replies, and i have made some observations as well, i'll post them later.  But the main thing is that i have no time (and unfortunally "not much interest in reading" as i just can't sit there for more than 15 mins at a time reading the book, it's kinda boring... )  but i've skimmed thru the Movement, Centralization, Relaxation, Blinking, Breathing and there's one more chapter that i don't remember what it is that i've looked over.  Didn't really get Swing, sketch, and the nose-feather thing...  But i'm trying to relax and it's good....  ;D

well the bell just rang so logging off now,  more later  Big Grin
As you suggested Paul, I tries to not use my glass for most of the time.  The only time that i have to use glasses are during school (can't see the board otherwise even when i'm sitting in front Sad ) and playing computer games (you have to see for that lol) .  And even tho i can't see a lot of the stuff now w/o my glasses, my eyes are actually much better than what i expected that they would be, so that's good.  I can read on the text on the computer just fine, and maybe 3/10 of the time i can tell what a letter is on the board if i'm sitting in the front rows Tongue  (Confusedigh: i have absolutely perfect sight all my life up until 6th grade after i moved into USA.  You get way too much free time, very little homework, so i spend all my time playing computer games during that first two years that i move to the US.  That's what got my eyes bad i believe... )

My parents worry tho that If i use my glasses half of the time and not the other half, the lens in my eyes will have to adjust often and that'll lower my eyesight.  Is that true?

Other than that, sometimes i'll have to strain my eyes or "look hard" to see letters, so that's another negative of not wearing the glasses.  Of course i just pretend that w/e i can't see it's not there or just accept it as a unidentifiable letter/word and skip it...

Quote:3. How long will I be able to go with without glasses?
What i meant was that how long will it take till i can completely get rid of my glasses, well guess i got my answer now.  As to the other meaning, i figured that i get tired rather very quickly, like half hr-1hr after i get tired the first time of the day, which is about after 4-6 hrs w/o glasses.  But closing my eyes really do help.  Btw, is palming just put your hand over your eyes so that you can see "perfect black" for 15 mins?  However relaxing my eyes does take time tho, and when i find that whenver that my eyes are tired, and put my glasses back on, the fatigue is almost instantly gone... lol :/  guess this means that glasses hide your fatigue of your eyes so that's why you keep on straining your eyes and getting worse when you wear glasses...

As for the bates books, they're like 300 pgs each as well, no time to read it Sad

And i'm trying to get a Snellen chart, tho i think i can just read the first few lines with the REALLY big letters w/o my glasses at 20 ft.

Alright, an observation that i've made is that after a whole weekend of not wearing glasses, I got headache on Monday morning when i had my on for school! it's like the kind whenever you first get your glasses or get new glasses, and that headache have never hit me at other times before...  But if i just take off my glasses even for an instant it immediately relieves me.  So for the first time in a while i took off my glasses during class and now only use them when i need them to look at the board.  It's wednesday today and the headache is not much there anymore but i'm still keeping my new habit now for glassees in school Big Grin

Can the headache mean that i have an improvement? 

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now