MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Re: My Experience with Bates Method after almost a Year

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: My Experience with Bates Method after almost a Year
Hi,

I've started a blog where I'm sharing my experience with Bates method after almost one year. Although I have not completely cured myself yet, I think you may be interested to avoid the mistakes I've already made on my way and know the things I found to be the most important.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://krupnov.blogspot.com/">http://krupnov.blogspot.com/</a><!-- m -->
Dear Oleg,

I enjoyed reading your vision-clearing site.

One thing that would be helpful and encouraging to
all of us it that you post your "starting" Snellen
reading.  (Read 1/2 the letters correctly).

That way your vision clearing towards 20/40 and
then 20/20 would be more meaningful for
all of us.

What was your starting prescription, and your
starting Snellen reading.

Just one man's suggestion for encouragement.

Otis
Wow Oleg, this is really amazing and helpful for all of us.
It is an inspiration to the rest of us to start making our own blogs.

And I think it will clear up a few confusions with the sun treatment method for many people.

Thank you very very much!
that's great, thanks Oleg.  Great advice there.

Paul
Thanks for posting that. I've never practiced the sun technique because I've been scared of it, but with that I may try it. It seems really informative.
I find sunning extremely relaxing, but I am still scared of looking directly at the sun because of what it does physically.  In order to see in focus, your eye focuses the rays of light onto a single point on your retina, and this is why I am weary of doing this.  It is this same principle that allows you to fry an ant with a magnifying glass; the lens of the magnifying glass focuses all of the rays that are passing through it to a single point.  This is what your eye is doing if you have normal vision, and this seems like it would be literally burning the retina in the same fashion that you can burn ants.  Of course, I haven't tried this because I am afraid of permanently ruining my vision, but this is how I view looking directly at the sun---from the physiological standpoint.
Oh yeah? If you were right I would already have got two burned holes on the back of my head  ;D As well as all the rest of sun-gazers in the world. You may not know that there are many people who do sun gazing for health, religion (e.g. in India since ancient times) and even for nutrition. I know one guy who doesn't eat anything and only lives on sun energy, here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sunson2005.narod.ru/index-living-on-sunlight-sungazing.html">http://www.sunson2005.narod.ru/index-li ... azing.html</a><!-- m -->
There are also sun-gazing online communities, not even connected with Bates.

From physical point of view, your statement is also wrong. You confused the focus plane and the image plane. If you learned geometric optics, you should know that the image formed by lens is NOT located in the focal plane but in the plane where the principal rays intersect (i.e. slightly farther from the lens). Indeed, when you use burning glass, you place the burned object in the focal plane where all rays from the object converge to a single bright point. However, there's no image of the sun in that point. Similarly, in the eye retina is NOT in the focal point. The focal point is located inside the eyeball. Compare it with your own sensations - you do see images of different objects, not just a single bright point occupying the entire view field.

You can change this and place a glass convex lens at front of your eye. In certain position of the glass, the focus point will move down to retina, and in that case if you looked at the sun, it would appear to you like the sun occupied the entire view field and is intolerably bright. In that case you WOULD burn yourself. NEVER DO THAT!

See the related wikipedia article about convex lens:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lens_%28optics%29#Types_of_lenses">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lens_%28op ... _of_lenses</a><!-- m -->
in particular this picture:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Lens3.svg">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Lens3.svg</a><!-- m -->
I stand corrected Oleg, you are 100% correct.  I'm still weary of trying this though.
Thanks Oleg, very helpful blog.  I have tried sungazing, and even with my very imperfect sight, I have had no lasting effects of the same yellowish field you mentioned.  I intend on getting back to it, using some of your tips. 

Do you think it's important to be standing with bare feet on black dirt/earth, as many sungazers recommend?  I live in Canada, and the winters are cold and the ground freezes very solidly. 
Colleagues,

Thanks for your feedback

I have finally completed the second part of my blog post about sun treatment, with respect of your questions.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://krupnov.blogspot.com/2007/08/7-tips-for-sun-gazing-learned-in-hard.html">http://krupnov.blogspot.com/2007/08/7-t ... -hard.html</a><!-- m -->

I wished I had more time for discussions and writing, but I don't, so please leave comments on the blog and I may write about your questions in my next posts.
Oleg K. Wrote:I know one guy who doesn't eat anything and only lives on sun energy, here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sunson2005.narod.ru/index-living-on-sunlight-sungazing.html">http://www.sunson2005.narod.ru/index-li ... azing.html</a><!-- m -->
There are also sun-gazing online communities, not even connected with Bates.

What happens during weeks when it gets cloudy? Dues the guy starve?  Big Grin
I thought I read on his website somewhere that he takes some green tea, vegetable broths or boiling water with honey or with seasoning for fish-soup.  So it's not like the eats absolutely nothing and has no calorie intake by mouth.  Needless to say, energy isn't the only thing you body needs to survive, how about vitamins, Calcium, protein that your body needs to replace, etc...?.    And the whole living in a pyramid that he built thing is just a bit strange  Tongue

Do you actually know the guy or did you just find him online?

Paul

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download