MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
ALOT better eyesight at the morning

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALOT better eyesight at the morning
hello
everytime i wake up at about 6:00 at the morning i see alot better (confirmed on snellen)
after about an hour it gets blurry again(although not as blurry as normally like at evening)
can this fact help me with the bates method? can i use this better sight to make my normal sight better? :Smile
Do you work with the chart in the morning?

David
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Hi WindSmoker,

Most mornings I wake up with MUCH worse vision, with pain in my eyes (especially in my right eye) and it's so hard for me to even think that I literally can't describe how terrible my mind feels!

In fact, just this morning I woke up with severe pain in my right eye, like right under the eyeball, and even though I've been practicing Bates all day, now it's late in the evening and the pain STILL hasn't gone away. Sad

You're very lucky you have improved vision in the morning. You woke up at 6:00 in the morning? How much sleep did you get? I'm thinking that if you get up later and get more sleep, your sight would become worse, or at least this seems true with me. One time I got up at 7:00 in the morning and found that my sight wasn't all that bad, compared to times when I'd get up much later. But the problem with getting up really early like that is I'd become really sleepy in the afternoon.

Sleep seems to be retarding my progress. I think that if only I could go without sleep for a few days, I could make steady improvement. Big Grin

WindSmoker Wrote:can this fact help me with the bates method? can i use this better sight to make my normal sight better? :Smile

Absolutely! I would suggest remembering the feeling of relaxation throughout the entire day, while practicing methods that you can do even while you're busy. For instance, shifting, swinging, and blinking should be practiced consciously all day long until they are unconscious habits. Also, the reason your eyesight gets blurry again is because of the memory of imperfect sight, which is accompanied by an effort to see (which is bad).

Jason
My eyesight seems to be a bit better in the morning when I wake up, I don't know why. Alot of peoples vision is worse when they wake up as eye strain is supposed to be just as bad (if not worse) when asleep. Bates said that doing the long swing before going to bed lessens eye strain during sleep. Do you do Bates exercises before going to bed windsmoker?
I think it largely depends on how much sleep you get. 
As you know, sleep occurs in cycles of about 90 minutes.  Just as you fall asleep, dream sleep (aka REM- Rapid Eye Movement stage) makes up about 10minutes of the 90minute cycle, which means that about 90% of the first cycle is you in stage 4 sleep - just laying there not thinking about anything.  Your mind is usually considered at rest at this point as it lacks thought, and your eyes are not moving, presumably relaxed. 
During dream sleep (REM) your mental activity drastically rises, and your eyes begin to move as you interact with your dream.  During the next 90 minute cycle the percentage of REM sleep increases to, lets say 20 minutes - ~20% of the cycle.  As you sleep, more and more of each cycle is dedicated to the REM stage and your eyes become less and less relaxed.  Therefore, if you sleep 5-6 hours in a night, your mind and eyes would be considered to be more "calmed" as the large proportion of that sleep is devoid of activity, as opposed to someone who slept for 9-10 hours (at least two more cycles, most of which is REM dream sleep at that point).  It's an exponential relationship.
So to sum up, the longer you sleep, the more you dream, and the more restless your eyes get.  This can explain why your eyesight is usually much clearer if you sleep 5 hours as opposed to 10. 

"if you sleep 5-6 hours in a night, your mind and eyes would be considered to be more "calmed"" - by that I didn't mean you are more rested with little sleep.  You have to consider:
1.  The rest of your body.
2.  Your mind requires dream sleep for clear, relaxed thought.  Theoretically if you sleep longer your mind would be more rested in the long run.

Paul

PS: Dave - this would make a nice topic for a CMS  Big Grin
Here is a nice graph:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ar.co.za/articles/sleep.gif">http://www.ar.co.za/articles/sleep.gif</a><!-- m -->
The duration of your cycles also decreases as you sleep BTW.

Paul

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now