MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Re: Demo Video: How to Use the Burning Glass for Sun Treatment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: Demo Video: How to Use the Burning Glass for Sun Treatment
I have posted this video on my blog:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://krupnov.blogspot.com/2007/08/video-how-to-use-burning-glass-for-sun.html">http://krupnov.blogspot.com/2007/08/vid ... r-sun.html</a><!-- m -->
Lol that is really cool... but everytime I watch it it creeps me out!! I mean the way his pupil just goes down suddenly! Big Grin

That is Evaristo in the video isn't he?
Whoa...that was awesome! It looks so fun!!! :o Now I just need a sun glass and I'll be all set. Will a magnifying glass work? (I actually don't even have a magnifying glass handy. Sad)

By the way, Oleg, it's awesome you started a Bates blog!!! I'll be checking it out all the time! ;D
Me too! I keep refreshing the page in he hope that a new blog entry has been entered, LOL!

This is really golden stuff you are writing, Oleg. Stuff that needed to be addressed, but hasn't been done for a long time. Well done, flawless and brilliant work so far.

;D
A magnifying glass would work because it's focusing the rays on your eyes.
YAY I just found a magnifying glass! Big Grin

I was trying to give myself the sun treatment, with the help of a little mirror to see where I was focusing the sun's rays. You gotta get the angle just right. Unfortunately the clouds covered the sun way before I was done, but it was pretty relaxing while it lasted!

I was giving myself sun treatment because I realized that the right side of the lower eyelid of my right eye is swollen. Sad It's been painful for 2 days already (I woke up with it yesterday morning) and it especially hurts when I blink. Does anyone know what's causing this? It's just as painful as it was when it appeared. I think I remember Bates mentioning swollen eyelids before, maybe in connection with eyestrain during sleep, I'm not sure.

I can't wait until the sun comes out again so I can give myself more sun treatment! ;D
I woke up with a swollen eyelid before.  I thought it was acne under my eyelid but after 4-7 days it was gone.  That was before I found bates metod
I hope it goes away quickly then. Maybe more sun treatment and other Bates methods with make it disappear faster.
Oh wait, I remember what i did to get rid of it.  I've posted this before.  I put a metal spoon in the freezer and make it cold then i put it over my swollen eyelid.  You can also use something that is cold.
Oh yeah, I think I remember about that! If it's not gone by tomorrow morning I'm gonna try it.
Otter Wrote:I woke up with a swollen eyelid before.  I thought it was acne under my eyelid but after 4-7 days it was gone.  That was before I found bates metod

Think I got the sore after intensive Long Swings in 2 days (400 before and after bed). I use a eye drop with witch's hazel, it helps a bit.

Regards,
Petal
Jason Sperry Wrote:Unfortunately the clouds covered the sun way before I was done

LOL I hate it when that happens... I mean yesterday I was getting all ready and excited to start some serious sun treatment, and there was a nice beam of sunlight running straight in the direction of my window so I was very happy... soon as I sit down *SWISH* it's gone. Stupid clouds! rofl.
Kazekage Wrote:LOL I hate it when that happens... I mean yesterday I was getting all ready and excited to start some serious sun treatment, and there was a nice beam of sunlight running straight in the direction of my window so I was very happy... soon as I sit down *SWISH* it's gone. Stupid clouds! rofl.

LOL That must have been super annoying! Big Grin

Must be why it's a relatively rare Bates technique. I mean the most you hear about is sunning and maybe sungazing, but not focusing the sunlight on the eyes with a burning glass! Sometimes I wonder where Bates got all his sunlight to cure so many patients with the sun glass, lol! Maybe it's because there weren't so many of those stupid CHEMTRAILS in the sky to expand and block the sun. I hate those!!
I have a question for anyone that can answer it: How can you use the sun treatment with the burning glass on yourself? I mean, instead of someone else doing it for you?

I've tried it on myself and it's just too awkward and difficult to do it alone! One hand is holding the burning glass, another is holding my eyelid open, and in order to see where I'm focusing the light I try to balance a tiny mirror somewhere. I can't relax while doing all this, LOL!

It's probably another reason why you don't usually hear about this technique: you can't do it yourself comfortably.

It would be really cool if someone could figure out a way to do it yourself. Smile

Jason
OK, don't panic Smile

I have just posted some tips about how I use the burning glass on myself.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://krupnov.blogspot.com/2007/09/how-to-use-burning-glass-on-yourself.html">http://krupnov.blogspot.com/2007/09/how ... rself.html</a><!-- m -->

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now