MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Improve vision

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improve vision
Hi to all.
Recently i noticed that i can`t see clear to distance.
In one eye i have -0.75 and on the second eye i have -0.25.
My question is if i can improve it to 0 (6\6) and if yes then what exercices i should do.
Thanks for answers Smile
Dear Dela,

Subject:  Very low prescription.

The values you provide indicate your Snellen is about
20/40.

I would suggest the following:

1.  Stop wearing those minus lenses -- unless absolutely
necessary (for driving).

2.  Get an easy-to-use Snellen, and confirm your
20/40 with no glasses.

3.  Work with Bates, and slowly clear
to 20/20 (6/6).

Keep asking question here.

Best,

Otis
Otis
Thanks for the answer.
I read the bates book, but except palming i dont understand how to do other exercieses like swinging. Will be gladful if you can explain the basics of excercies needed for improvement.
Another question is how long should i do palming per day and how many times ?
And the last question is how much time should past until i should notice the improvement ?
Dear Dela,

I support the Bates concept of "empowerment".

By that I mean that you do the various methods of
Bates, and personally verify you pass the
required line on the Snellen.  If you do this
then you can truly get rid of you glasses -- and
be FREE!!!

Because of your "prescription" is low, I think you
can be successful.

Click here:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.smbs.buffalo.edu/oph/ped/IVAC/IVAC.html">http://www.smbs.buffalo.edu/oph/ped/IVAC/IVAC.html</a><!-- m -->

Then press "Display" several times.  20/60 letters will
be displayed.  You should be able to read these
at 20 feet.  (If you can not get back to 20 feet, step
back to 10 feet and read them.)

Once you have done that you can work on vision
clearing (natural vision improvement).

Others posting here, like David have far more
expertise that I do with these methods. 

I believe that you can be successful.

Best,

Otis
Sorry to disappoint you Otis, but her question wasn't "How can I confirm my Snellen".  Big Grin

Dela,
Otis is right, you shouldn't wear the prescribed minus.  Based on your prescription, you can easily get around without wearing your glasses. 

Most exercises are explained in more detail in the "method of the month" forum. 

Quote:Another question is how long should i do palming per day and how many times ?
It doesn't matter.  You don't have to do palming if you don't want to.  the idea is to RELAX your eyes.  The cause of poor eyesight is strain, and once you clear the strain, you clear your eyesight.  You have to find out what it takes and how long it takes to relax your eyesight. 
Actually, as your prescription is very low, I suggest to simply stop straining to see.  If you cannot feel the strain in your eyes, you should do palming in order to rest your eyes beyond the strain and bring it into your awareness.  Once you can feel the strain, you should become better at relaxing it.
Quote:And the last question is how much time should past until i should notice the improvement ?
Exactly one second, that is if you can completely relax your eyes in one second.  It usually takes anywhere from 30 minutes of palming to years.  If you can find an effective way to relax your eyesight, I think you should be good in about a month.  Just make sure you don't deviate from the central Bates idea:  perfect eyesight comes once you release visual (and mental) strain.

Paul
Dear Dela,

Subject:  EXACTLY what do you mean when you
with to clear your vision (improve your vision)?

Bates stated that when he taught kids to do his
method, they were able to clear their
eyes from 20/70 to 20/20.

How did they know this?  By NOT looking at a
Snellen?

I equate improving your eye-sight to clearing your
distant vision.

Other people believe that you can clear your
vision -- while making no measurements. 

Obviously, you have a choice.

To me it is like the person who is 20 pounds over-weight,
but insists that he is going to "lose" 20 pounds -- but