MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Interesting question about myopia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting question about myopia
Hi to all !
After covering dozens of materials about myopia i concluded that myopia caused by elongation of the eye to the point where the focus is in front of the retina insted to be on it. It means that eye fisicaly grown to that state and not beaing streched by the muscels that are in tention. I read hundreds of sites about myopia and almost in all of them written that myopia is uncurable, and in some that it is preventable.
My question is how the relaxation can help to get the eye back to the normal state ?
Is there realy way to cure the eyes from myopia if the number is small then -1D ?
Will be really thankful for answers :-)
Websites aren't a very reliable source, and none actually provide you with evidence.  A lot of us on this forum are living walking proof that myopia is curable, as are thousands of people around the world who were benefited by the Bates Method.
Your question is very good though.  There is a whole book written on it.  It's available for free here:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iblindness.org/books/bates/">http://www.iblindness.org/books/bates/</a><!-- m -->

Keep in mind that many great discoveries of the past weren't realized until the distant future.  For instance, Mendel's theory of inheritance was not accepted, and for the most part ignored, until the 1800's.  This is over 200 years after his discovery.

Good luck.

Paul
I read the book. Some part even couple of times.
Can some of those who cured them selves from myopia tell if its stedy results ?
I mean if you can every month see improvement after doing the exercices ?
And lets say if after the improvement i will stop to do the exercices, will my vision get worse back as it was ?
Personally, I found that it's not a matter of improving your eyesight.  I think I've reached a point where I can control how good or how bad my eyes are.  This is done by relaxing or straining.  As I've strained for the past 5 years, I find that I strain when I don't pay attention.  If I pay attention to how tense my eyes are and relax them, I can improve within seconds.  In front of the eyechart, I usually find that I can  barely see 20/50, but when I relax, my eyesight improves to 20/30-20/20 within seconds.  You shouldn't treat eyes as inanimate objects that you have to do something, and over time they will improve.  It's not like fixing a car - if you keep working on it,  over time it will become fixed..  You should treat them as part of you, and you have absolute control over how well they see...knowing that strain= blur and relaxation=clarity.

Anyways, clearing your eyesight does not take long, but what does take long is to realize the underlying strain that caused imperfect eyesight in the first place.  And it takes equally long to replace the strain with relaxation.  That was one of the concepts strongly emphasized in Dr. Bates' literature.

The control thing was simply my experience, I bet others had a different one.  Also, I found that no matter how hard i try to strain, I can't put my eyes as bad as they used to be: 20/70. 

Hope I helped.
Paul
What did you do to achieve this kind of improvement ?
Dear Dela,

Quote:After covering dozens of materials about myopia i concluded that myopia caused by elongation of the eye to the point where the focus is in front of the retina instead to be on it.

Otis> I think it is premature to jump to this conclusion -- and
majority-opinion ODs ALWAYS jump to that conclusion.

Quote:It means that eye fisicaly grown to that state and not being stretched by the muscels that are in tention. I read hundreds of sites about myopia and almost in all of them written that myopia is uncurable,

Otis>  I think the word "cure" JUMPS to the wrong conclusions -- with
the wrong assumptions -- in the first place.  It is true that
after you induce a negative refractive STATE in the eye, you
will have slight blur at distance.

and in some that it is preventable.

Otis> I would go for the word PREVENTABLE.  If you are only
SLIGHTLY into it (i.e., 20/50, -1 diopter) then there is
scientific data that SUGGESTS that you can clear
your Snellen -- if you have the motivation to do so.

Quote:My question is how the relaxation can help to get the eye back to the normal state ?

Otis> I would suggest the following question.  My Snellen
is 20/50.  Can I CLEAR my Snellen by these second-opinion
methods -- UNDER MY CONTROL?

Quote:Is there really way to cure the eyes from myopia if the number is small then -1D ?

Otis> Again, I would not use the word "cure".  You question
should be this -- have other people cleared their Snellen
by hard work using these preventive methods.  I think
the answer is yes, as Bates and Prentice CONCLUDED.

Will be really thankful for answers :-)

Otis> You may not like the answers you received.

Otis> I would ask youself the question, "... how important
is it to me that I clear my Snellen, pass the DMV, and
get on with my life with no requirement that I
wear a -1 for the rest of it.

Best,

Otis
Dela, I simply relaxed my eyes.  I had trouble though, so palming and a few other techniques discussed in the book helped me. 
It doesn't matter what your Snellen says.  Anyone can cure their eyesight.  (And to correct Otis: by "cure" I mean perfect eyesight, I mean 20/0 or an infinity focus.  20/40 is actually quite crappy...  I would shoot for the whole 9 yards)

Paul
Dear Dela,

With deep respect for Paul, and his support for you, I should
correct one issue.  I do not think we should "argue" about it,
but I do believe in presenting accurate information.

Paul>  Anyone can cure their eyesight.  (And to correct Otis: by "cure" I mean perfect eyesight, I mean 20/0 or an infinity focus.  20/40 is actually quite crappy...  I would shoot for the whole 9 yards)

Otis>  Let me suggest this. Let us assume that you are
20/60 (with your -1 diopter).  You avoid wearing it -- except
to drive a car.

Otis> You start "working" Bates, and in one months, you confirm
20/40 on your Snellen.  That is GREAT.  As Paul said -- you
are not finished.  So you continue working "Bates",
and PERSONALLY read the 20/20 line.  Now you go down to
the DMV and pass their test -- which is 20/40 (almost all
States).

Otis> That is why I suggest that 20/40 is an INTERMEDIATE step.

Otis> 20/20 is generally considered "perfect".  Some pilots
and baseball players have 20/15, and very few 20/10.

Otis> To my knowledge, no one has 20/0.

Otis> And this monitor-Snellen only goes down to 20/15
(and that is superior vision.)

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.smbs.buffalo.edu/oph/ped/IVAC/IVAC.html">http://www.smbs.buffalo.edu/oph/ped/IVAC/IVAC.html</a><!-- m -->

Otis> I have never seen a Snellen with a 20/0 line.

Just one man's opinion,

Otis
20/0 means the focal point of your visual refractive power has the capability to go to infinity, which means that the focus does not limit your eyesight.  In other words, you can read whatever you want to read, at any distance.  I think your visual resolution becomes the limit (just my guess).

Paul
After reading many of the posts on this forum i understand that vision become bad when you have some mental strain. Bates method supposed to release that strain, and by so you will improve your vision. So how it could be that almost every human in modern life has some kind of mental strain but still he remains with good vision ?
Most strain isn't chronic.  You strain for a bit, and then you go back to relaxation.  This can explain why the human eye is so dynamic - our eyesight constantly changes.  As to why our civilization becomes more and more strained to the point where it becomes permanent is a whole other discussion.  Smile

Paul
Dear Dela,

Subject: Your assumptions.

Re: I do not believe in "strain" nor do I use that word.

Re:  Assumptions about the percentage of people with "good vision".

Quote:So how it could be that almost every human in modern life has some kind of mental strain but still he remains with good vision ?

For your interest, 88 percent of the population entering
a four-year college are myopic -- in Hong Kong.
That is about 500,000.

Best,

Otis
Dela Wrote:After reading many of the posts on this forum i understand that vision become bad when you have some mental strain. Bates method supposed to release that strain, and by so you will improve your vision. So how it could be that almost every human in modern life has some kind of mental strain but still he remains with good vision ?

It has to translate into straining to see. There are a lot of mental mistakes people make, but as long as it doesn't turn into some kind of strain involving the eyes, vision isn't affected. Someone with a propensity towards a particular vision disorder is going to get it when not relaxed.

David
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download