MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
how do you delete your posts?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do you delete your posts?
Someone mentioned you can do this but didn't say how. How do you do it?
When I first joined this sight i said some things that i now disagree with, that go against the true Bates method. So i don't want people to read it and follow it when i now think it's wrong.
I went into 'my profile' and 'show posts' and there's an option to delete this post that i've just made but not the older ones.

Thanks
Jamie
(I will delete this post too)
I think when 5 or 7 days elapse the delete option is removed so you are not allowed to delete unless it's within a week of the post. I have to say it that your motives are very good, it is very good and sincere that you want to stay true to the original system of Bates and to keep it clean. I think also I have made many mistakes in the past, and have given some wrong advice that I didn't realize at the time but now I see it.
Wrong advice and corruptions to the orignal system really can mislead people and cause them to fail, and just confuses them with wrong ideas which are hard to detach from when you have it drilled inside and you associate the concept of rest and relaxation with it.
It sounds extremist I know; but for sure I've come to find the only real cure puritan Bates, and all other methods (every single one that I've so far seen) are wreckages of the original. The way one can return to the original system of the 1920s I know is by: 1) Stop complicating, 2) Stop all effort and really honestly you must tell yourself stop staring and do not forgive yourself if you are staring, there are no excuses but to know that this is a major failure, 3) Cancel out the wrong ideas and simplify the practice until it becomes seen as a child's play - the cure of imperfect sight is only that and no more. You have to keep these three thoughts and favour them as the fundamental base that all your practice is materialized from, not only to reach but also to stand on; and perseverance will succeed.
If you want to define failure, then do not define it as a failure of the Bates system and his advise, but take it as a failure in that you have deviated from the primary bases listed above.
Jamie,

I would probably be willing to delete some old threads - just let me know what ones.

David
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Thanks Kazekage. I have have made some mistakes along the way also. But I think I am on the right path now, and have been doing the method similar to how you have said: keeping to Bates original system, reminding myself not to stare and telling myself over and over that it's EASY and a NON-DOING process.
It pained me when i read a post recently about someone who said they were fed up because they read every book on the Bates Method and tried everything and still had no success. He must be overcomplicating and reading books with conflicting ideas.
One of the hardest things is convincing yourself that it requires no hard work or effort, just releasing the strain and LETTING your eyes function correctly, not forcing them to. If I could truly understand that i know i would be cured very quickly and part of what's stopping me is that I'd feel like i'd cheated and didn't deserve it, which sounds really stupid. But it's so ingrained in our society that to achieve anything requires an effort.
One of the other hard things is being aware of the strain. It's really subtle and I seem to be able to tune into it now. I can let go of it now and when I do my eyes kind of feel naked and i get spasms in my eyes and then they start to water.

Thanks Dave about deleting the posts, I have sent you a personal message.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now