MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Reducing your prescription

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reducing your prescription
I am quite short sighted and wear glasses or lenes all of the time, I want to order (online) glasses for using at home and at the computer, how much should I reduce my prescription by?

My prescription for glasses is Right -5.5 Astigmatism +.50  Left -7.00 Astig + 0.75
My prescription for Contacts (doesn't correct the astigmatism) Right -5.25 and Left -6.00

I don't want my reduced glasses to correct the Astigmatism so was thinking of Right - 3.25 and Left - 4.25, can anybody tell me if this sounds about right?

Thanks in advanced for your help   
Hey,
Read Kazekage's post:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iblindness.org/forum/index.php/topic,678.msg3863.html#msg3863">http://www.iblindness.org/forum/index.p ... ml#msg3863</a><!-- m -->

If you really really really want reduced prescription, I would go with a lot lower than that.  I would take his advice though.
Lowest cost source of reduced lenses:

Just click here.  They have some for $8

Click on the glasses of your choice.  If you are
an adult, you "PD" is about 63 mm.  (You can
measure this yourself.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://zennioptical.com/cart/home.php">http://zennioptical.com/cart/home.php</a><!-- m -->

If you "cut" your prescription by 2 diopters, your distant
vision will be about 20/100.

The intention would be to use them for all close work,
and for all purposes when you can.  For driving a
care you will need the full-strength minus lens.

Let us know if you decide to order.

Otis

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now