MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
To all the members in the forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To all the members in the forum
Hello recently I ran into several articles on the internet stating that the bates method and everything associated with it was quakery(bs).Does these methods really work?Has anyone seen a drastic improvement in there vision?I've been practicing for two weeks now with no improvement and this article got me on the quakery side I dont know.Has it worked for anyone?
Dear Friend,

Subject: Was Bates correct about clearing your vision -- at the threshold?

Re: It depends on WHO you talk to.

The majority-opinion states that ANY vision clearing is IMPOSSIBLE, and >Big Grin
that all who claim vision clearing from 20/70 to normal are
quacks, frauds, scientific freaks, and the like.

Thus ONLY the minus lens used in an OFFICE by an majority-opinion
OD is accurate science. Everyting else is bull-shit, designed to
extract money from the un-suspecting. >Big Grin

The SECOND-opinion says that, at least at the threshold, i.e., 20/70 and about -1.5 dipoters,
vision can SLOWLY be cleared (if you read your own Snellen -- and to Bates) in about
six months to a year.

To date, no one has been able to resolve ANY of these issues to the
satisfaction of all. :Smile

Best,

Otis
Onamission, I know how you feel, I think we all go through that period of doubt (least I did).

Really, if you are to continue, you must believe that it is real.

You can do as I did and talk with people. I've talked endlessly with David and others on this site who have improved their vision. I think their testament alone is proof enough. Why else would David run this site if he didn't believe? I certainly don't think its making him any money or anything, probably to the contrary.

I would suggest forging onward for a little while longer. Even though as I look back on it, my best progress ever was during the beginning, I still didn't believe it at the time. The changes in your vision can be very slow and you may not even realize how much you've improved. The Bates method will rarely shock you with an overnight improvement, I've found my gains to be measured in weeks and months.

Lastly, I hope you don't take what medicine says without a grain of salt. They've been wrong before and they'll be wrong again. As a student of science, the bottom line is that we don't REALLY know how ANYTHING works, all we can say is with the current information we have, a certain theory is most likely to be true. This isn't just the small stuff they mess up on either.

I would urge you not to give up on Bates because of a few quackwatch reports you read. You owe it to yourself to fully explore how deep the Bates method goes.
Hi,

I have only been doing this a few weeks. I saw the following immediate improvements after a week of practice: much better perception of detail, color, and depth. After a few weeks I could read the 100 ft line on the Snellen chart from 70 cm further than when I started (which was only about 100 cm). Now, when I don’t wear my glasses (-7.00 each eye and 0.5D astigmatism) I can actually see quite a few things very clearly, just doubled. This is fine with me and I consider it a huge sign that changes in vision are possible. From 5 ft away I saw the numbers of our kitchen clock clearly without glasses this morning! Any doctor would say this is not possible for someone as myopic as me! This is the first time in my life that I have felt comfortable cooking and cleaning without glasses. Clearly, my vision without glasses has improved already! Of course, everyone will improve at different rates and notice very different improvements.

I went through serious doubts as well. In fact I still do. What I’ve noticed is that when I relax and expect my vision to improve gently, it does. When I pour over literature discussing how the Bates method doesn’t work, my vision stays the same. I think it’s because when I try the techniques, I also try to force my eyes to get better, which doesn’t work. There are serious links between your subconscious and your vision. Read what David has put together in the evidence link on the iblindness.com homepage. I found that was enough to allow my subconscious to take a positive view.

My advice is much like Urban’s: Don’t quite. Give it an honest try and continue with just 1 technique a month or something. And continuing is easy. It’s all about relaxing, and you can relax in many different ways. Marvel at the complexity of everything you see, close your eyes after you pass a person on the street and try to remember details of their face. Doing things like this help you to keep your gaze shifting (not staring!) and interested. It also keeps it fun. Breath deeply, blink a bit more, read Bates magazine articles (central-fixation.com)

You mentioned once that you work a lot with computers. Can you put the monitor at eye level so that your neck is not bent and can turn freely? Can you rest your arms on something to relax your shoulders? It's the little things that make big differences!
Hey thanx you guys.I'll give it a chance. I just read the evidence link and man was I relieved.It had lots of articles on the improvement of myopia(the majority was) which I have and it made me feel confident that I can cure myselve too.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now