MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
First good flash and a question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First good flash and a question
I finally had a real flash today. I was walking on a treatmill and the gym and I really, really tried to just keep shifting and cetralizing (not exactly much else to DO on a treadmill anyway). About ten minutes into the workout things suddenly got MUCH clearer and I was able to read the word under the motivational picture in front of me. Ironically, it said, "VISION." :-) Blur returned but I kept practicing, and when I got off the treadmill and went to the locker room, I looked up to see some of the signs with much-improved clarity. This too faded to blur again, though it lasted much longer than any other moment of improvement I've had, and it looked different, more like real clarity instead of just a clear letter/word in the midst of blur. I will persevere!

I also had a question: I've noticed consistantly that I seem to be able to read white letters on a black background better than black letters on a white background. Is this typical?

Thanks,

Beo
Hi Beo,

Congratulations on your improvement!

Beo Wrote:I also had a question: I've noticed consistantly that I seem to be able to read white letters on a black background better than black letters on a white background. Is this typical?

Actually I have a much harder time reading white letters on a black background than black letters on a white background. It's funny you mentioned that because even when I read at the distance where I ordinarily see things fine (near point), I usually get temporary astigmatism whenever I read white letters on a black background! So I wouldn't say it's typical, but then again everyone's different, especially when it comes to vision.
Interesting, when I see black text on white I just see a grey fuzz, but when I see white text on black I see multiple clear images. To be honest, I don't know which is better, but would like to know! On a computer I find the black background more relaxing and have set all programs reverse to see white text on black.

Anyone else on which they see clearer?
I see white on black clearer.
I can comprehend black letters on white better. Don't read that wrong though. I'm not sure that I "see" better. I get multiple images of the letter in a circle, which I can usually read, but I don't know if thats a good thing or not.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now