MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Today is William Bates 147th Birthday!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today is William Bates 147th Birthday!
William Bates was born December 23rd, 1860. Today is December 23,2007, William Bates 147th birthday! I just wanted to let everyone know. Smile
Yes, and 1860 very few people were nearsighted.

Bates ran a study in 1913 that cleared the child's Snellen
from 20/70 to normal.

After that ... NOTHING.

Today, the percentage of myopes in a population runs
from 70 percent to 90 percent.

The "down" rate, once you go below -1 diopters or
20/70, is -8/10 diopter per year.

What is wrong here? ???

Happy Birthday to Bates,

Otis
Happy Birthday Bates! I wish I coulda met Bates, he'd be able to improve my vision in a day! O0
Too bad he didn't find a cure for aging as well. Then he could still be here, and wouldn't allow his method to be distorted.
Happy birthday dr bates, a true ophthalmologist who devoted more than a decade to the real cause and cure of error of refraction.
Thanks for reminding us!

Actually I was just thinking about Dr. Bates earlier today, about how he was a tennis champion, and about other interesting things like how he made discoveries about blindness and fatigue by experimenting on himself.

Another interesting thing about this day is that it's my very first day of Winter break, and I finally have 10 uninterrupted days that I can practice the Bates method without having much else that I have to do! After that I have to go back to college for Winter quarter, and the month of January is going to be a very busy an intense month for me, so I'm definitely going to take up the relaxation treatment very seriously while I have the time.

Happy Birthday, Doctor William Horatio Bates, my Hero!
I want to send out a happy Birthday to the soul of Bates, wherever that may be. rest in peace my fellow, who albeit, is unknown by the masses, remains forever one of humanity's true greats.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download