MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Sway???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sway???
Yesterday I was doing the sway/swing,so I decided to sway farther objects because im myopic and my problem is distant vision.When I was swaying out the window the houses was moving in the same direction I was moving.Hows that possible? I thought things suppose to move in the opposite direction as the direction I'm going. Can someone help me out here, I'm puzzled?
It's just perspective. It's like when the distant mountains to your side appear to follow you when you're driving while the stuff by the side of the road zooms by.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
so is it okay that it moves in the same direction as me?
ironheart Wrote:so is it okay that it moves in the same direction as me?

Yes, it is not a problem or mark of vision strain. It is called parallax, I believe.
You are seeing what is outside your window in relation to the window frame. As your perspective moves with your head swaying, your relation to the window and outside changes; each plane slides across the other. It is an illusion all around us, one I tried to mimic in this animation (notice the 3 planes of buildings all passing at different speeds): <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://ottobulut.com/media/shadowsclip1.mov">http://ottobulut.com/media/shadowsclip1.mov</a><!-- m -->

So, instead of focusing on the parallax, try paying attention to the objects outside. If no luck comes, maybe looking out the window is creating too big a distraction. Try with an object on the wall.
thanks

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now