MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Shifting is very usefull, Practice till it becomes a a habit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shifting is very usefull, Practice till it becomes a a habit
Hi David,

I've written you in the past and you said once that when my vision returns to normal and stays permanent then I should e mail you. Well, I am so close to normal that I am not going to even worry about. The habits of perfect vision are starting to become part of my daily life. I notice that the habits come without thinking but I am aware that I automatically shift, blink and centralize. It's really cool. I stopped wearing glasses two years ago when I couldn't see road signs anymore. I was a bit angry about having to go to the eye doctor and getting stronger glasses. So I took it into my own hands and went the alternative Bate's road, which I have been completely satisfied with. Glasses were a always an inconvenience, always getting dirty, scratched and after a few days with new or cleaned lenses the objects I was looking at with glasses on always got blurrier. The doctors never gave me full strength glasses per my request. I work in loud chocolate factory in Germany( Milka) and I am starting to look around and see things written on walls and packages great distances away. I can see faces clearly too. But not always. It happens when I shift, the clear vision. I have never really experienced it fully but now I know the trick. Movement and centralizing . and blinking. Bates was right. DO the habits till perfect vision. I always wondered when the habits would become a part of me like knowing how to walk. I feel like I am reaching a new level in seeing. I can also read 1.5 fine print. I have never had a problem reading. I am also 42 and my right eye I believe is amblyoptic. I am working on that eye but it isn't easy and I am not stressed about it. Usually I can see with the amblyoptic eye but I have to concentate and learn to shift with it. I really don't palm but enjoy sunning but feel that the shifting is good. I just feel like I am winning and will win. I still see blur sometimes but I am starting to see less and less. LIke at work. I had a great day seeing and feeling normal. I am going to go to the eyedoctor only to get the eyeglass restriction removed, but that would be stressful. I did take a test for the work place, I passed the hearing test and the eye test with my left eye. THe right eye was flipping out. Normally I can see with it but that machine he made me stick my head into made it difficult for me to see. I can however see in 3D so my eyes do work together. So I am enjoying the great gift of the universe.

Peace

Michael
Hi Michael,

It's so marvelous and inspiring that you're close to the complete cure.

I'd like to ask you a few things.

1) What do you think was the worst thing that held back your progress the most?

2) What was the most significant discovery you made or skill you learned that helped you to make the greatest breakthrough?

3) Has the improvement been gradual, with an increment each day/week/month, or wave-like with improvements and relapses, or there's been a steep breakthrough?

4) When you are having a relapse, is the blur as bad as it was before you started Bates, or it's appreciably less blur?

Thanks.
Hi Oleg

I am still trying to figure out what holds me back from time to time and why I still have momentary relapses. What held me back, I think, was being afraid to blink when I got a clear flash. Wierd? Also trying to freeze the clear flash messed me up a bit. The shock of a beautiful clear flash is emmense and made me felt pretty darn good. But I was attaching myself to these flashes and not letting go.

What really helped me was to accept the flashes and let them go and keep moving ahead and not letting the clear flashes stay in my mind too long. I felt like I was holding the image in my brain but didn't know how to let go till the image got blurry again and then I got stressed out. I was starring evidently at the clear flashes. So I started to remind myself to blink and shift more at the later stages of my success, and of course brush, sketch or whatever. I found that movement in the head, subtle movement, left to right, or in a little circle. I feel I make these movements in a way that isn't extreme and more unconscious. I can enjoy long periods of clarity and then I wonder if I am blinking. The answer is yes, I do blink but the unconscious "butterfly " blinking is different when we remind ourselves to blink. So that is something I am interested in. The subtle blinking in combination with shifting and brushing.

I have been working on the cure for two years now. I stopped wearing glasses after they didn't help me see road signs. I discovered that the glasses were better if I abandoned them for a few days. My prescription was around -4.5 -5.0 . I really didn't like glasses. They got dirty, going from cold into warm they'd fog up. It was a terrible distraction but I wore them since I was 19 and then I started partying too much and needed them more. So I had slow progress at first where I thought I was going to be institionalized. I thought I was going mad because I felt handicapped. My world was a blur and I didn't like it and I didn't like the fact that I might have to give up the cure and go back to glasses. For some reason I didn't want to give up the fight. The clear flashes were too awesome and real. I had forgotten what the world looked like without glasses. So I made decent progress. I drove without glasses at night, day, in the rain. Yes, I was a bit foolish, but I was also careful. The police would be the ones who would have made my life difficult but I am a good driver and never had problems. I was patient and wanted to see if it worked. I also accepted the fact that what I got out of the training was better than living with glasses. I just accepted that my vision would bounce back in forth. I just didn't care and thought whatever I get is what I get and I will just let it be. But I didn't give up. I also didn't read the Bate's book or Quakenbush's book from beginning to end. I sort of took it on my own. I also took down my eyechart months ago. I think also that when I read now I focus on having a looser neck and shift and blink. I am also more aware of the white glow around black letters. I see it more often and it doesn't go away if I read the way Bates mentions. So the progress had relapses but the relapses were usually just a bad day or a bad few hours. I am working on my night vision and sometimes I am really surprised at what I can see. The moon is still a bit blurry, but once or twice I got a clear flash of the stars and the moon. It was very nice. My right eye however is amblyoptic and I try to cover the left eye when I can but just accept it too. I want to go to an eye doctor to try and get my German driver's licence changed so it doesn't say I have to wear glasses. I need to research that a bit and I have been driving around all over Europe without glasses and no problems or accidents.

The blur is never as bad as it was before I started Bates. I noticed this because we have view from our second floor apartment of some building across the way. I started to sketch them on paper without glasses. I remember how blurry the buildings were and months after the building was clearer and I could see the supports and windows better. I started do palm again and imagine black to see if it improves my right eye. I don't even know if I can turn it back on or what it would be like if it was on. I have perfect 3d and perifiole vision, so I really don't know and the eye doctors whom we put our trust in never gave me answers to why my eye is amblyoptic or how I can improve it. I don't have faith in doctors and never understood why these highly paid professionals were as logical as a square orange. I still have momentan relapses and it might sometimes it takes few seconds longer to snap out of the blur. I used to imagine that the blur was fog and all I had to do was get into the fog and shift, and blink, and cnentralize on the fog but the movement had to be fine tuned. So I would glance into the blur, blink and shift very slightly. I didn't like the idea of moving my head like Stevie Wonder or Ray Charles, and wanted to hone the centralizing down which to me made sense. Objects far off were usually more blurry than close up objects. But now I can see things in the distance at great clarity, better than 20/20 Ithink. I can also read fine print 1.5. So I am feeling like I have made progress and it's beautiful and I enjoy it. I never really believed it would happen. REally. I wasn't pessimistic. I just was never sure. So that is why I just let go and accepted blurry days or clear days. I think my subconscious mind picked up the tricks. So now I have the habit, as Bates would say. It is difficult to understand that the Breathing , Blinking and brushing might actually become an unconscious habit because you are in away changing the way your mind operates. It is all very fascinating. Thanks for commenting and I enjoy writing about this subject.

Oleg K. Wrote:Hi Michael,

2) What was the most significant discovery you made or skill you learned that helped you to make the greatest breakthrough?

3) Has the improvement been gradual, with an increment each day/week/month, or wave-like with improvements and relapses, or there's been a steep breakthrough?

4) When you are having a relapse, is the blur as bad as it was before you started Bates, or it's appreciably less blur?

Thanks.
Hey Oleg, can you share with me your experiences, I'd like to hear from you if you are cured.

Oleg K. Wrote:Hi Michael,

Thanks.
Hi Michael,

What is brushing by the way?

I discarded my contacts 1.5 years ago after wearing them, and glasses earlier, for a total of 15 years. My last prescription was -3.5 and without them I saw less than 20/200. The reason why I decided to go for Bates, if it matters at all, was that my eyes refused to tolerate contacts any more, and my cornea felt sand even with brand new contacts. I couldn't imagine myself going back to glasses, as you exactly know how much they suck, even compared to contacts, so I remembered that I read the Bates book when I was a teenager and decided to give it another fair try, when I no longer need to party, self-assert etc., you know. Smile

During this 1.5 year I've made a good progress, yet I can't call myself close to the complete cure, like you, and it's a great shame for me. My last hope is that your progress has been concealed for the first 1.5 years and then you were cured in the last 0,5 years Smile. Seriously, I've fully demonstrated to myself the facts that Dr. Bates was right, the method works and that I'll be there for sure if I take my time. I understand what you are talking about and read between the lines. Like you, I have already stopped worrying about my current vision. I've had many clear flashes, but since they were only to demonstrate that it's all for real, now I no longer care about them. Most of time I'm having a partial clear flash when there's double vision, or a number of clear images line up on the horizontal line, surrounded with a little fog of blur. It is worse in the dark and often almost clear in the sunshine. I practice a lot of palming, memory of black, imagination, shifting and swinging, central fixation, reading micro print, sun treatment - virtually all Bates techniques. I do them in turn, for more fun and because after a week or so any technique seems to stop working and I need to try something else. Then I'm excited how efficient the other technique is and feel I have advanced to a deeper understanding of it. Then it happens over again and I take another technique. It's like developing on a spiral. Did you notice this effect?

Because of this inconstancy of effect, I'm failing to make anything a habit of mine. When I repeat it many times, I forget how to do it right and screw it up again. Another reason of failure is that I work a lot with the computer, and although it's not the reason of strain, it's so deeply associated with it, so that I can hardly control myself when I do some intellectual work. In short, I haven't found the way to develop any habits so far, and it's my biggest challenge. I would appreciate you describing the process and the moment of acquiring the habits in more detail.

I am however very optimistic that I'll be cured ultimately and before long. It's only a matter of my own stupidity. It's like I'm failing to notice the right way to do things because I'm too attached to wrong ideas and I'm not even aware of it. I must admit I am stupid. Things are changing now, however, and I am as well very fascinated with the change of personality I'm seeing in myself.

I love to talk to people who are cured or are close to the complete cure, because of their healthy influence. Today, after reading your post and trying your way of shifting, I've experienced an improvement and will try to make it my habit. It is even better to talk to people with perfect sight, but unfortunately it's not likely they are interested in discussing the subject Smile. May I ask you to give me your e-mail address (via the private message on this forum), so that I can write you a personal e-mail?

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now