MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
1 eye near / 1 eye far

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 eye near / 1 eye far
Are there any implications to the brain of someone having eye surgery done so that one eye sees far and the other eye sees near ? :o I believe (not 100% sure ) this person told me they would normally wear bifocals.. Has anyone heard of this procedure ? From my readings it seems to me that not having binoculour vision causes behavioural problems and etc..?

thanks Smile
Dear Its Me,

Subject: Intentionally making the eyes "different" in refractive STATE

There is a procedure called "mono-vision".

The goal of the approach is to make one eye clear in the distance,
and the other eye clear at near. :Smile

Thus a person with with a refractive STATE of -1 diopter in
both eyes will receieve a =1 contact for distant vision, and
a +1 contact for the other eye.

Mono-vision is assumed to cause no long-term problem for
the person's brain. ???

But that is always a matter of judgment. Smile

Best,

Otis
I wondered if that procedure could be bad, after reading an article about how many children with ADD have a problem
using both of their eyes together and this leading to behavioural and attention problems. Perhaps there is more to it than that.
Dear Its Me,

Subject: WHICH proceedure is "bad" for you? ???

Virtually all these "suggestions" are claimed to be "bad" for you.

In fact, these majority-opinion ODs will claim that Bates, and all other
second-opinion methods are "bad" for you.

In fact Bates said in very clear terms that the wearing of the minus (except
in an emergency) is bad for you. Big Grin

So if some one tells you that mono-vision is bad for your -- then perhaps.

If they tell you that Bates is bad for you -- then perhaps.

If they tell you that the the minus is bad for you -- then perhaps.

It is a matter of your educated judgment to determine which method you
might like to use and the implied threats or "implications" of those
who wish to "trash" any of these methods.

Smile

One think that David's site can do for you is to act as a "traffic cop" to sort
out the various "claims" and counter-claims -- to YOUR satisfaction.

That is why I post here -- to help clarify these issues. Smile

Otis
itsme Wrote:Are there any implications to the brain of someone having eye surgery done so that one eye sees far and the other eye sees near ? :o I believe (not 100% sure ) this person told me they would normally wear bifocals.. Has anyone heard of this procedure ? From my readings it seems to me that not having binoculour vision causes behavioural problems and etc..?

thanks Smile

This is called "monovision" and is used a lot by contact lens wearers over age 40 to avoid reading glasses. Works quite well. LASIK surgery can be used to create the effect, surgeons will insist on a contact lens trial first to make sure the person can tolerate it. Unlikely to cause brain problems in adults, would not be recommended for children under 6.

Judy

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download